EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » bombing in egypt? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: bombing in egypt?
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok I'm freaking out. I just got back from the post office where I applied for my passport and I had to indicate that I was going to Egypt. When I gave the lady the forms she read through them and then said, "Oh my G-d, you're going to Egypt?!?! I wanted to but not after last night!!"

My two daughters were with me so I told them to go sit at a bench and I quietly asked, "what about last night".

She said that there was a huge bomb that exploded last night (would have been 8/23 for them I guess) and over 160 people were killed.

Well i've listened to the news and I can't find anything. Is this true???

Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i cant find anything about it anywhere!

doodlebut i am in UK, you are in USA, to be honest we would both be a lot safer in Egypt!! dont worry and enjoy your holiday!! I cant wait to get on a plane to Egypt [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
setithefirst
Member # 1039

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for setithefirst     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Doodle,

I just checked and found nothing as well.

Posts: 67 | From: Philadelphia, Pa usa | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so po'd at that woman. She scared me half to death and as a result I was so nervous the whole 1/2 hour ride home!!! I can't believe she did that to me!!! Where the heck does she get her news is what I wanna know! I mean I was on this site last night and I always check drudgereport.com anyways since they report every little thing and I hadn't heard anything about it.
Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't worry, doodle. You'll be perfectly safe in Egypt. There was a bombing in Sharm the day I bought my ticket to Egypt for my first trip there. I wasn't phased a bit.
Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

The only thing I could find was info on the bombing in the Sinai penninsula that happened in 2004 where 160 people were INJURED, not killed. This lady must not have taken her meds today. lol
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are bombings in Egypt at least a couple times a year and it's still safer there than in the states. I didn't hear about a bombing.
Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
setithefirst
Member # 1039

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for setithefirst     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with Madame M. Egypt is safer than the U.S. and I'm a U.S. citizen, but moving to Alex. I've been to Egypt 6 times, never a fear or concern.
Posts: 67 | From: Philadelphia, Pa usa | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

you weren't phased? I would have been phased but I think I'd still have gone. Just would have had to bring a few xanax with me!!! lol
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Nah...bombings happen daily all over the world. When it's my time, it's my time whether I die by a bombing or being hit by a bus crossing the street. You can't escape fate. I will not stop my life because of fear.
setithefirst
Member # 1039

Rate Member
No, I was not phased. I was in NYC during 9/11 and saw the planes crash into the towers. Egypt and the off-chance of a bombing is minimal. Who are you travelling with when you go? just you and your daughters? No place on earth is ENTIRELY safe, however Egypt is safer than a lot of places I have been. Don't worry, go, stay with your tourguide, freinds, etc. and enjoy what Egypt has to offer.
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Ok this is what she was talking about. I'm not planning on taking any trains so phew!! Plus it was an accident, not a bombing!

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/08/21/world/main1914318.shtml?source=RSS&attr=HOME_1914318

setithefirst
Member # 1039

Rate Member
Yes, the train accident was due to "human error". Before you listen to gossip from someone who has never been to Egypt and just stands on the side and watches and beleives everything they hear, investigate first, or do exactly what you did, ask someone on this site.
lovingspirit :)
Member # 11660

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lovingspirit :)     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think the lady told you about the people who died in a train crash a couple of weeks ago or a week ago but it was not bombing definitely not i would have heard about it [Smile]

--------------------
Always remembering that we are nothing without His Merciful hand over us.

Posts: 284 | From: gods heaven | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

I'm going alone. No way would I make a total of 12 hours traveling with them!!! We'd all arive wicked cranky!!
setithefirst
Member # 1039

Rate Member
Lol...can't say that I blame you doodle!! It's a brutal flight from New York for me, and most connections/layovers are way toooo long for me also.
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Oh God I don't blame you either, doodle. I give much props to my ex for taking the boys to Yemen, twice. That's like 24 hrs of traveling. Cripes..I can't even take them up to the corner store without a battle.
setithefirst
Member # 1039

Rate Member
Two Thumbs up for Madame!! My two nephews beg me every year to take them to Egypt with me and every year I say no!! I love them dearly but would kill them before we ever landed in Egypt!
doodlebug
Member # 11649

lol. I was ready to scream during the 1/2 hour ride from the post office 'cause all I heard was, "mom she won't stop singing, i can't hear the radio", "mom she's still doing it.", "moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom".

rofl

I'm not doing the NYC to Egypt. I"m going to have about a 2 hour layover in Milan if I choose to fly Luftansa or a 1 1/2 hour layover in Zurich if I choose swissair. Originally it was a no brainer for me to do swiss air but then I have been reading reviews since they changed hands and they haven't been as on time and friendly as they used to be.

Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Hahahaha! My sons wanted to come to Egypt with me last month. Oh Hell NO! Love them to death but I would've killed them by the time we got there too.
setithefirst
Member # 1039

Rate Member
Yes, your best bet is the 2 hour layover in Milan. It's a nice leg stretcher and Milan is great!!
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

LOL! I picked the boys up after work and they started the instant they got in the car. By the time we got home they had already gone through all their insults to each other...stupid, idiot, filthy dog (huh?), jerk, butt head, I wish I didn't have a brother, I hate you, etc. They also got their dad called on them. We were in the car for maybe 20 mins., tops.

quote:
Originally posted by doodlebut:
lol. I was ready to scream during the 1/2 hour ride from the post office 'cause all I heard was, "mom she won't stop singing, i can't hear the radio", "mom she's still doing it.", "moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom".

rofl

I'm not doing the NYC to Egypt. I"m going to have about a 2 hour layover in Milan if I choose to fly Luftansa or a 1 1/2 hour layover in Zurich if I choose swissair. Originally it was a no brainer for me to do swiss air but then I have been reading reviews since they changed hands and they haven't been as on time and friendly as they used to be.

doodlebug
Member # 11649

I think the whole trip each way is 14 hours which isn't too bad. It's 6 1/2 hours to Milan and then maybe 5 to Cairo? Something like that. I could never be in the air more than that. I'd blow up like a baloon from water retention!!!
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

I had a two hour layover at London Heathrow last month. That is the WORST airport! I had two hours but still almost missed my flight. I will say though..two hour layovers are so much better than 14 hr ones. That's what I had in Frankfurt on my first trip to Egypt. Can you imagine? I was nervous enough meeting my husband in person for the first time without having all that wait.
doodlebug
Member # 11649

My daughters' latest insult is "stupid idiot mental retard".

<eyeroll>

Of course we also have "i hate you", "i wish you weren't my sister", "i NEVER want to see your face again", "you're NOT allowed in my room EVER".

All that this morning and now they're both in one bedroom playing Cranium Jr. lol

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry to gloat a little, but i can take my kids anywhere. i travel alone with all 4 of them, everywhere, and not only are they well behaved but they are helpful and a joy to me!

i can honestly say not one of them has ever thrown a tantrum, or cried out loud in public. people often say what a credit they are to me.

.....its the rest of the time... every second they are together at home... they kill eachother. its like they totally hate eachother, and my 3 year old goes from being an angel to a... i dont even know what to call him... a global cataclysm on an unimaginable scale!!!

but he'll sit on a 9 hour flight better than most adults!

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

My boys are angels when their father is around. The man never has to even raise his voice. Lucky!
setithefirst
Member # 1039

Rate Member
WOW madame. That MUST have been stressful!! It's about 12 hours non-stop out of NYC and beleive me, it's not pleasant. By the time I reach Cairo I'm in such a bad mood, but you can't do anything nowadays when it comes to air rage! They will yank you!! and to make it really bad, once the plane lands everybody is so stiff and sleepy it takes a looong time for people to get up, get thier overhead luggage, stretch, etc....
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Yeah there is one option with a 17 hour layover in Zurich going home. No way no how. I couldn't do it. Also, I'm trying to avoid London if at all possible with everything going on there.
setithefirst
Member # 1039

Rate Member
Yes, try avoiding London at all costs..
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no brit would take that attitude... we dont let the terrorists win.

there is no reason whatsoever to avoid london.

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
setithefirst
Member # 1039

Rate Member
Personally, I love London, would like to live there after Alexandria, Egypt.
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heathrow is a nightmare anytime! [Big Grin]

I have been so lucky to have never had to do air travel with children by the sounds of it! having them in a car was bad enough [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
king-snefru
Member # 11670

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for king-snefru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the 160 she is talking about is may be the 160 people killed in the russian airoplane over ukrain yesterday.
But in Egypt there was no bombs at all But watch out for the crazy drivers who are really proffesional killers and ther are more effective more than an atomic bomb [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
You are welcome to my lovely country,,, you will have a lovely time you will never forget . [Smile]

Posts: 121 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
actually i got s sick child plus with autism and torretes and auspergers multidisorders all in one and she was great on her plane flight pluswhen we went home and that was 12hour flight and exspecially cant even cope with change but with all the right people the flight attendance and the air pilots she got to view the plane before any one we carry a card for them and medical certificate and they were brilliant this was egypt air so was the staff of heathrow i wont fly with any one ,i can honestly say she was good al the way through alittle restless but great and better than the sudanese kids that were on the way back to uk with us they were running around while mother watched film with out a care in the world , but on the overhaul kids were great
no worried about egypt i was there last april when the bombs were..im due bck in nov inshallah and i go at least 2wice a year I LOVE IT ...

GOOD LUCK ALLAH HAFEEZ WITH A SAFE JOURNEY /

Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tenngirl9
Member # 9948

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tenngirl9     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
when are you going doodle?
Posts: 96 | From: usa | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
simpri
Member # 11573

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for simpri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi cHiMpSs, there's hope for me yet to get my son on a plane, he too has aspergers and paranoid psychosis and rarely leaves the house. He just left school, is too old and big for me to demand he goes here and there, but you give me hope:) Thanks.
Posts: 61 | From: UK | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow me and u have to get together some day i found when i had my new kitchen done they had to wrk with her cus of the change she was worse than a bloody flight to egypt what medication is ur son on ,my daughter is so messed up to many and has lots of problems with IBS NOW AND is in remission from her bowels ,and is incontience but i shud stress aprt from that she is o so so brainy they did an iq for her at school she beat there line they exspected 58 she got 93 not bad hey for her problems as hadly at school some times has school at hospital ,i bet ur son is so so loving mine is always hugging and kissing me ,and freting where i am .. [Frown]

awwwwwwww bless my heart is with you its hard isint it im so so tired most nights cant even sleep and now me get sick my slef i have to sleep down stairs cus she sleep walks or wakes up and want summat i have to be alert and im never rest im sit here tonight with a half an hour break while hubby takes over for awhile dinner cooking in the oven me with my cup of tea and me tablets chatting here siometimes it takes away pain from me and the daily stress u forget for awhile then ur bck with a bump .. [Frown]

Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
im sorry to hear that simpri, to you get any help with his condition? my son has a psychological disorder and it took me a long time and a lot of fighting to get help for him, but he sees plenty of different professionals now. (not that anything has improved yet, but im hopeful).

was he seen by CAMHS?

daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cHiMpSs:
actually i got s sick child plus with autism and torretes and auspergers multidisorders

I didn't know that Chimp. My step-son is severely autistic. I can't imagine him on a plane at all. [Frown]

Glad things went well for your kids, though. [Smile]

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
MY HEART IS WITH YOU ,CAN BE EXAUSTING ,CANT IT ,I GOT 3MINS LEFT OF MY BREAK AND BCK TO THE DRWAING BOARED I WISH SHE WUD SLEEP THATS ALL THEY GIVE HER SLEEPING DRUG BUT LATELY ITS NOT TAKING AFFECT ...,YOU CAN TRY AIRLINES ARE PRETTY UUNDERSTANDING AND IF UR GP IS GOOD WITH YOU THEY GAVEMY DAUGHTER SOME VALIUM THAS WHY SHE WAS OK BUT STILL WORRIED FOR FOR THE TIME WE WAS ON THERE I WAS MORE WORRIED HER DOING PROCAVATIVE THINGS THAY ANY THING ELSE CAN BE A BIT FRIGHTIENING TOO IN AISLAMIC STRUCTUREAL COUNTRY IF THEY DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT SHE IS DOING ... [Eek!]
simpri
Member # 11573

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for simpri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry about the length of this post to all those who don't have direct link to these issues .....

It seems we're in the same boat to some extent .... We should get together some day:) Support networks are few I find, it's enough to drive you crazy ... He was seen by CAMHS at diagnosis at 14, should have been 3 with hindsight, but that's a long time ago and less diagnosed then. I work in CAMHS myself, but long-term resources are few and we've struggled with little support. Now he's in AMHS (adults), even less support. Meds were Fluoxetine and Olanzapine - but at 19 refused to take it. They couldn't make him, and I'm glad now because he had less side effects of the symptoms of psychosis off meds and now he prefers to chose to try to ignore voice distractions - like the film A Beautiful Mind. He's strong and assertive, but it's been very hard as you will know.

It sounds as though you have far more issues cHiMpSs with your daughter than I have had, I really feel for you. It's no consolation to know that most ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorder) Aspergers are usually highly intelligent, and inadequate education in mainstream blocked his way. Accessing the right support is so difficult and you have to fight so hard for their rights. Unless you have a success story of mainstream school .... ?

I think his iq was average, and if complex instructions were interpreted faster the result would probably be higher. 5 months at hospital school, discharged to home tuition, eventually Autistic Resource Base at mainstream school, absolutely excellent. Now being supported to find independent sheltered housing and employment, which all are hopeful of - he wants to try independent living away from home - but I worry because of the social, change, paranoia, and isolation issues. He hasn't left the house since he finished school .....

Good luck to all of you with your individual difficulties and thanks for your good wishes, it's so helpful to know you're there .....

Posts: 61 | From: UK | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaza
Member # 9121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gaza     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by doodlebu:
Ok I'm freaking out. I just got back from the post office where I applied for my passport and I had to indicate that I was going to Egypt. When I gave the lady the forms she read through them and then said, "Oh my G-d, you're going to Egypt?!?! I wanted to but not after last night!!"

My two daughters were with me so I told them to go sit at a bench and I quietly asked, "what about last night".

She said that there was a huge bomb that exploded last night (would have been 8/23 for them I guess) and over 160 people were killed.

Well I've listened to the news and I can't find anything. Is this true???

and when did you wake up from that dream ???
Eye am living in Egypt , and yes i heard that explosion ; i was terrified , that was all before i found out that it was nothing but a FART.
I have a bloody fat neighbour who eats all day and farts all night.
Your mission, is to pass by that lady tomorrow and tell her to F**k Off
Egypt is Safe , no worries about that .

Posts: 1123 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

quote:
Originally posted by tenngirl9:
when are you going doodle?

Between Christmas and New Years. [Smile]
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
zulie is in main stream school attends school half an hour b4 any others with a few other children of acception to do sencory they have found this to be very helpful in shool and she has another half an hr be4 afternoon lessons ,but most of the time im travel wit her on trips im her ful time carer now she is annoying most of the time we just not had a dancing session where she puts her feet on mine feet and i do a waltz and sing wit her she loves this but aprt from that she is normal in every aspect she is with the jenner unit now and has attended great ormond street im worry yes for her independance cause at themoment she dont play out likeother children it just cannot be done she has no sence to danger ,and she will be excorted to senior has well until we ready to feep she cud achieve this goal im hope full for her to go on her own ,but in the mean time its a NO!!!.im belong to societys but its so hard for me cause they wont give us a NAME cus its more than one multple and its frustrating and it is hard to get the help u need exspecially restbyte which i get 2days a month and 2inconcecutive weeks of the summer ..i find this hard but she is in the childrens home round the corner from me so i can see her has long has i want when shes away from me ,i tend to try not to as i dont get that rest in my brain to which i need im always on auto pilot i dont know how i shud relax ...most of the time ..
simpri
Member # 11573

Member Rated:
cHiMpSs, I have gone through some of this, and I know how hard it is for you. I can't tell you it will get better because we can't know how much improvement you might see over time. Zulie sounds lovely, and as you said before she is very loving, you're so lucky. Neil has improved dramatically since attending the special unit, he has 3 GCSEs and the ECDL computer course certificate. He has learned certain social understanding of body language that helps him interpret what others mean in their facial expressions and actions. Neil is withdrawn, obsessed with computer gaming, and without friends of any kind other than on game chat rooms. He didn't play outside like other children either, although at one time did get himself to school until he lost awareness of what was happening around him, and it became unsafe for him. Transport to the unit in the new school was provided by the education authority, an hour each way.

GPs can refer to Learning Disability Teams in Social & Health Care or Learning Disability Trust for assessments to determine primary conditions, or to Mental Health teams for the same. After that multidisciplinary professional meetings to offer best supports in each condition. Actually having complex needs is harder, I know there is a team in CAMHS Oxford called complex needs, perhaps you have already been referred in your area?

Sleep deprivation to each of you is hard as you're on duty 24/7 when you can't let yourself sleep because they don't. That's why I'm sitting here writing at this time of night, what to do to relax ... I use music a lot to help me, and comedy to make me laugh when sometimes there's nothing to make you smile - laughter helps us stay positive I think. Making jewellery can be very relaxing, maybe Zulie would like it too....

You're very lucky to get the respite, I know it isn't a lot, but we couldn't get anything because of his reluctance to go anywhere and the difficulties he would make about going somewhere, and the distress it would ultimately cause him. I pray things will work out for you, pse feel welcome to PM me if you want to chat or just get things off your chest any time.

DawnBev
Member # 11276

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DawnBev     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow! I dont know what to say - I can't imagine how difficult it must be to deal with all this. Must be so hard ...... and the sleep deprivation.... horrendous. I am so lucky and grateful to have a healthy, lovely son (so far, there is time to change!).

Doodlebut: dont worry about coming to Egypt - you'll have a lovely time. I've been visting, working and living in the Middle East for years - they havent put me off yet.

Posts: 1056 | From: UK, Middle East & Europe | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
I have to ask, what is CAMHS? my grandson is Autistic, hes almost 5 and doesnt speak yet, did either of you have this too??

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
sorry for hijacking the thread (although its redundant anyway).. simpri, i just read you work in CAHMS yourself, (ayisha, its the Childrens and Adolescent Mental Health Service).. so you know all about them. they take their time about things dont they?! still, i was amazed to see how they worked with my son. they also brought in a local authority primary care project so he is seen at school also, and we have meetings every few weeks with key workers/teachers etc so we are all working together. as of next month (unless i emigrate) they will be introducing home sessions too. his mental state has improved and his general attitude, but his physical symptoms still persist which are quite hard to deal with, for all of us but especially him.

Dawn, my sons problems happened suddenly one day when he was 6! this sort of thing can happen to anyone at any time.

FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by simpri:
cHiMpSs, I have gone through some of this, and I know how hard it is for you. I can't tell you it will get better because we can't know how much improvement you might see over time. Zulie sounds lovely, and as you said before she is very loving, you're so lucky. Neil has improved dramatically since attending the special unit, he has 3 GCSEs and the ECDL computer course certificate. He has learned certain social understanding of body language that helps him interpret what others mean in their facial expressions and actions. Neil is withdrawn, obsessed with computer gaming, and without friends of any kind other than on game chat rooms. He didn't play outside like other children either, although at one time did get himself to school until he lost awareness of what was happening around him, and it became unsafe for him. Transport to the unit in the new school was provided by the education authority, an hour each way.

GPs can refer to Learning Disability Teams in Social & Health Care or Learning Disability Trust for assessments to determine primary conditions, or to Mental Health teams for the same. After that multidisciplinary professional meetings to offer best supports in each condition. Actually having complex needs is harder, I know there is a team in CAMHS Oxford called complex needs, perhaps you have already been referred in your area?

Sleep deprivation to each of you is hard as you're on duty 24/7 when you can't let yourself sleep because they don't. That's why I'm sitting here writing at this time of night, what to do to relax ... I use music a lot to help me, and comedy to make me laugh when sometimes there's nothing to make you smile - laughter helps us stay positive I think. Making jewellery can be very relaxing, maybe Zulie would like it too....

You're very lucky to get the respite, I know it isn't a lot, but we couldn't get anything because of his reluctance to go anywhere and the difficulties he would make about going somewhere, and the distress it would ultimately cause him. I pray things will work out for you, pse feel welcome to PM me if you want to chat or just get things off your chest any time.

i feel your like me really i do ,for someone to understand this theyhave to be in the same boat
i do hav problems with zulie going to the rebyte she plays me up when she is back io have to leave every thing in the way she left it andim a tidy person so u can understand what i mean ,she likes her doors closed all the time i have had to take some dorrs off so i can see her this has stressed her but she is getting used to it ,i brought her a trampoline she goes out there now to junp about but the neighbours have complained cus she got out at 4am one morning as i feel asleep upstairs w e have locks and alarms on the doors now so if opened they go off same for the windows most of this i phav e payed for my slef and care and repair have done the rest she is knitting now so thats good therapy school is doing sensory with her but aprt fro her other disfunctions she is a happy go child and very normal in her own way ,she does get sressed when making frineds she doesnt understand the lineof not wanting to be ur friend and how close shud they get ,and she rites notes down when shes frustrated or angry or any one is upset and this has caused problems wit in the mainstream school with parents of children who have not got any of this disorders and that why i feel sometimes she would benifit to some degree not all the time to be in her own envioremnt from time to time ,do you get me my sister ,may i call you sister are you of muslim faith im not bothered if your not is that i got some stuffon illnesses like this in islam or anyother faith it does not matter .if yo ulike and dont want it to personal i will send them to you ok ,and what charm has mentioned ,me and my daughter have just recently been itrduced to this organisation but cause of where i am we have been referred to edward jenner and sure start even though she is 9 now ,im get my own support worker that i can put my feelings and rage too ,but yes im here cus me cant sleep im try and relax but to no avail i have just one 2years of health club vouchers that i can use all and every day has long as i want to im going to get time to myslef i told my hubby this he shud releives ome of the stress but men hey ,and i got shopping vouchers so im off on a good spree ,and swimming shud be good for me cus im not of good health at the moment my self now ...,my heart goes out to all who have problems like this and i always thought i was mad or a bad mother and i love my daughter too too much shes my heart last night she danced with me wit her feet on my feet and we waltzed then she cry i dont know why .i cry for her too .bu t as i said they are loving children that need affection alot of it and it is demanding ,and i worry to has she is in remission and recently we had a very bad scare but thank allah and prayers it was just a very bad infection ,and people here were so loving i even took my lap top and my mobile just to talk here but not all to many things going on in there uhave to be in a certain place for to use it didntlike leavign her i had my own room with shower and tele but id rather be with her ...W/SALAAMS CHIMPS

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com