EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » bombing in egypt? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: bombing in egypt?
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SORRY FOR THE SPELLING MY EYES ARE NOT GOOD DYLEXIC WHEN STRESSED IT ATTACKS ME MORE SORRY ALL FOR THIS ...
Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
simpri
Member # 11573

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for simpri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cHiMpSs I sent you a PM rather than a long post on here, take care [Smile]
Posts: 61 | From: UK | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Audrey Hepburn
Member # 11579

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Audrey Hepburn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like you did an amazing job chimps on the plane. I have spent the last 9 years working as a carer in a residential school with boys with aspergers syndrome.
Posts: 233 | From: uk | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im glad your there i wudnt even want to be there i put my hands up to you got enough here for me ,but i must say i did teach cricket to some school children with auspergers and autism and downs syndrome and they were a pleasure to teach it did them good ..hard work mind you but so REWARDING ...
Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by doodlebut:
Ok I'm freaking out. I just got back from the post office where I applied for my passport and I had to indicate that I was going to Egypt. When I gave the lady the forms she read through them and then said, "Oh my G-d, you're going to Egypt?!?! I wanted to but not after last night!!"

My two daughters were with me so I told them to go sit at a bench and I quietly asked, "what about last night".

She said that there was a huge bomb that exploded last night (would have been 8/23 for them I guess) and over 160 people were killed.

Well i've listened to the news and I can't find anything. Is this true???

that's so strange, maybe she was drinking on the job [Confused]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I chalk it up to good ole american fear of middle eastern countries. lol. Most people just live under a rock and paint the whole middle east as a haven full of terrorism.

Just tonight on the news there was a shooting spree in good ole live free or die NH. Don't know how many died but I'd bet it's more than the number that died today in Egypt...the whole country.

Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you're correct, terrorism knows no bounds and sometimes I can't help but think it is the American government terrorizing its own citizens. What was the old saying, 'keep them afraid and you keep them controlled' ? [Wink]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any suggestions on how to calm down relatives who are FREAKING OUT about my going there? I've had at least three send me the US warning about traveling in the Middle East.
Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by doodlebut:
Any suggestions on how to calm down relatives who are FREAKING OUT about my going there? I've had at least three send me the US warning about traveling in the Middle East.

Well, you can sign up with the U.S. State Department (website) to get alerts specific to Egypt. Egypt is *not* the entire middle east, although I know it's easy for family members to think this. [Wink]

I've been twice, for a total of 5 weeks, and trust me it is extremely safe. Safer than the streets of *any* large city here in the U.S. There is no street crime. (Well, harrassment is a different issue).

You can register with the American Embassy in Cairo online and give the dates of your stay as well as location, so in the very unlikely event something bizarre happens, the American government knows you are there.

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tootifrooti
Member # 9824

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootifrooti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
to doodlebuts relatives.
I am from the UK and am now residing in Cairo egypt.
I would say without a doubt she will be safe her in egypt. I certainly feel safer here than I would in either the USA or the UK at this moment in time.
There is no street crime.........with the exception of stall holders trying to rob you of $20 for a bottle of Coke!!!
Females are very safe here to walk the streets day or night, they will get harrassed by the male population that is true, but she will feel much safer than in her own city or town. Anyway there are police, soldiers and security guards every 10 steps!!
Dont worry about her..she will be fine [Wink]

Posts: 1500 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com