EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » How will this be viewed?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How will this be viewed?
Audrey Hepburn
Member # 11579

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Audrey Hepburn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Will be living in Agami for a few months and I know there are a few coffee shops there. How would it be viewed (being single woman)if I were to go alone early evening to sit, have coffee take a book to read etc. Obviously I don't want to put myself in akward or inappropriate situation. Any advice please? How would this be viewed?
Posts: 233 | From: uk | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would suggest going into the coffee houses that have mixed couples or women sitting in them. Whenever my husband and I would go to a coffeehouse he'd make sure it was one with mixed couples not just men. Don't go into the ones with only men unless you want unsolicited attention.
Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lovingspirit :)
Member # 11660

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lovingspirit :)     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sitting in a coffee shop , alone? with a book? they will think you are here to be picked up....

--------------------
Always remembering that we are nothing without His Merciful hand over us.

Posts: 284 | From: gods heaven | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Audrey Hepburn
Member # 11579

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Audrey Hepburn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks LS, that is exactly what I wanted to avoid!
Posts: 233 | From: uk | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11660

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lovingspirit :)     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
once i was with a friend in khan el khalili she had to buy some silver gifts... the store was so small i had to wait for her at the entrance outside... a man pass by me (african french i think it was a tourist) he smiled to me i looked and asked if he was lost lol he said you seem a nice person what are you doing here i said i am waiting for my girlfriend he said i would not wait over here they would think you are ..... so, hope things have changed since then... which i would doubt... but just to let you know it aint central park loooool

--------------------

Posts: 284 | From: gods heaven | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Audrey Hepburn
Member # 11579

Rate Member
Would I have the same problem in the morning or afternoon? At home I love going for a coffee and reading the paper at a nice cafe.

What about going to the beach alone? Going to a gym?

Member # 11660

Rate Member
there are private beaches,,, i never been to any of them since i have been away for a while... the gym i do not think there is any problem because i think some are for women only and others for both (and mostly foreigner go there) why dont you try to go to clubs (not night club) but sporting club you can go morning and night and do everything you want no one will mind it
good luck

--------------------

Audrey Hepburn
Member # 11579

Rate Member
thanks I will see if I can find one when I arrive. I just know if I stay in the apartment I will go crazy....... [Big Grin]
Member # 11660

Rate Member
naaaaaaaah lots of guys will chase you lol

--------------------

Audrey Hepburn
Member # 11579

Rate Member
Better get some decent trainers then...so I can run really fast! [Big Grin]
king-snefru
Member # 11670

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for king-snefru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You should go to a coffe shop where you can see women and men are using it.
usually they are the nice not cheap ones.
and try to make yourself away of the eyes of the men.
But I do not think that if you went to a nice one that anyone of the clients will stare at you.
good luck and have anice time in ALEX.
it is so lovely.

Posts: 121 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
her maj
Member # 10299

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for her maj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Audrey would one care to share tiffin with one?
One could arrange for one to be driven by Safedriver to the Consulate, where one could partake of dainty little china cups of the finest columbian and rest assured no prying eyes. One could read ones book and one could sit with ones needlepoint all afternoon.
Just let ones private secretary know if one would like to arrange a little afternoon soiree.
HRH

Posts: 115 | From: Buckingham Palace | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11660

Rate Member
one driven, one partake, one read, one book, one needlepoint one secreaty one one noe...... [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Razz]
Audrey Hepburn
Member # 11579

Rate Member
one, one one, testing, testing, one two three... Ah yes, your maj, but would there be cucumber sandwiches with the crusts cut off?????
her maj
Member # 10299

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for her maj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My dear
Is there any other way?????????

Posts: 115 | From: Buckingham Palace | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAJJJ!!!! er sorry MARM!! one has been terribly worried about you! one thought perhaps that texas had been too much for you!

how did things work out with alan? one did take note of the beautiful hanging baskets on the palace... only alan could have begonias that big!

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com