EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » I can't realy believe i'm going to Egypt tomorrow!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I can't realy believe i'm going to Egypt tomorrow!!!
TAREK307
Member # 7838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TAREK307   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
its been 13 or 14 years, my mom,dad whole family is there, i have cousins i have never ever seen..i can't believe this is realy about to happen!! I fly out tonight 630 AM, then land in Frankfurt then Cairo on monday!! Flying United, i am a little scared of the flight, hope all goes well, i won't believe i'm actually in egypt till i'm on the ground! I've been waiting for this for so long!

I don't care how dirty or what Egypt looks like, its my country, i love it no matter what, I'd love to try and make a change, even if by cleaning some garbage off the street!

Posts: 511 | From: Alexandria, Egypt | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThePinkCamel
Member # 11718

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThePinkCamel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations and safe journey god willing. I am sure you will have a great time. You know, organizing a little cleaning group - like we do in the usa - could be something helpful actually. The Adopt a Highway organization does really good things in this regard. Maybe you could get people to do something similar tho. The only problem is -with the extreme class segregation - people might feel arrogant/embarassed to join in. I think it is a great idea and you might get some people willing to help make a difference. http://www.adoptahighway.com/

Maybe you can get mosques/churches etc. to 'adopt a neighborhood' and have a day of cleaning.

Posts: 49 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
garfield
Member # 10258

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for garfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no matter how long you have been away..."There is no place like home" Enjoy your time to the fullest and bring back wonderful memories.
Posts: 91 | From: Egypt/Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TAREK307
Member # 7838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TAREK307   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, its so hard for someone who is not in this position to understand what it means to be away from all your family for so long on your own pretty much! Very hard to describe! God willing my next post will be from Egypt, 5 more hours and i leave for the AirPort [Smile]

--------------------
MY BLOG
www.modernpharaoh.blogspot.com

http://www.myspace.com/tarek307

AOL,YAHOO,MSN TAREK307

Posts: 511 | From: Alexandria, Egypt | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have a safe flight! [Smile]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tootifrooti
Member # 9824

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootifrooti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ThePinkCamel:
Congratulations and safe journey god willing. I am sure you will have a great time. You know, organizing a little cleaning group - like we do in the usa - could be something helpful actually. The Adopt a Highway organization does really good things in this regard. Maybe you could get people to do something similar tho. The only problem is -with the extreme class segregation - people might feel arrogant/embarassed to join in. I think it is a great idea and you might get some people willing to help make a difference. http://www.adoptahighway.com/

Maybe you can get mosques/churches etc. to 'adopt a neighborhood' and have a day of cleaning.

Great idea there about the mosques.

We stopped off on the side road just past Hype one coz a lorry went over a hump too fast!! as dropped tons of pebbles onto the road. We got out and stated to throw them off the road into the desert. Car after car after truck slowed down to look at us as if we were MAD. Then dodged in between us and the pebbles to get past. After about 10 mins a cyclist stopped and asked for directions, and began helping us move the stones. I think you are right when you say the egyptains might get embarrassed..............But it was nice of that guy to stop to help , but wonder if he would have stopped and helped if he was not lost?
I lost count of the times we have stopped to lift some obstruction from the highway..........the drivers just swerve around it and you looking at you like you are crazy..............
Tarek..........try to make a difference to your country.......we are............if you see us crazy folk clearing old tyres off the 26th of july corridor or 6th october road............feel free to stop and say Hi!!! LOL
have a great trip [Wink]

Posts: 1500 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com