EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Mercure Coralia

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mercure Coralia
DonnaAS
Member # 5166

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DonnaAS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi!
I'm returning for my third visit in a row and this time am staying at the Mercure Coralia in Luxor - however, after I'd booked I've found some bad reports on the hotel - has anyone stayed in it recently and can give me some hope? Reports have said outdated, dirty, old, baths only - no showers, grubby pool etc. [Frown] Not really what I was looking for given that last year I stayed in the Sonesta which was amazing - someone please tell me it's ok!!! [Confused]

Posts: 25 | From: Durham, England | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shareen
Member # 989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shareen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its ok Donna!!!! Havent stayed there myself for while, and I do prefer the Sonesta, but I am not aware of any problems with the Mercure Coralia. But please bear in mind that the Sonesta is 5 star and the Mercure is 4star, so there are slight differences. It is also well worth paying the extra for a Nile view room if you can.
Posts: 1196 | From: www.spiritofthenile.com | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If its the mercure behind Luxor Temple then its ok donna [Big Grin] my friends stayed there in July and i heard no complaints. They spent a lot of time in the pool too [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shareen
Member # 989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shareen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ayisha...... its the Etap
Posts: 1196 | From: www.spiritofthenile.com | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ahhhhhhhhhh the etap! well thats even nicer [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DonnaAS
Member # 5166

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DonnaAS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah we do have a Nile View room! [Smile] I'm taking my mum with me and it's her first time abroad - I just want everything to be right for her. I appreciate it's not going to be as good as the Sonesta and some reviews I read about the Coralia were good - until I booked and then I've found so many bad ones. Surely they must have showers though???
Posts: 25 | From: Durham, England | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Donna, my friend that stayed in the other mercure this year had stayed in the etap a few years ago and STILL goes on about how lovely it was! They will have showers, dont worry its far advanced from a mud hut and your mum will have a great time [Big Grin]

I have been to the etap many times to sit outside and drink juice and listen to the music (although their juice is expensive!) and have also been inside, its lovely!! Its not the sheraton but then thats a whole complex in itself and my only beef about the etap is its a walk to the ferry [Big Grin]

when are you going? i might be there too inshaAllah [Big Grin]

Shareen
Member # 989

Member Rated:
They certainly had showers last time I was there. I have heard many good reports about it, I dont think you will be disappointed in any way.
DonnaAS
Member # 5166

Rate Member
Thanks guys! Am feeling a bit happier now. We are there 21 Oct for a week. I know not to expect the standard of the Sonesta - as long as it's clean (and has showers!!!) I'll be happy. The plus it does have above the Sonesta is that it's more central for the temples, the ferry etc. Won't have much time for bathing by the pool but hope to get a bit of a relax!
Thanks again [Big Grin]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com