EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » egypt in 5days

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: egypt in 5days
majnoona
Member # 11805

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for majnoona     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello all..
i am new to this forum but have been following some topics for 2years now. in 5days i will be coming to Alexandria to be with a man i have known for 2 wonderful years via email and oh so many long phone calls Hes originally from jordan but is living and working in ALexandria! im a bit nervous and curious on how much money i will be able to live off he has assured thats nothing for me to be concerned about...we plan to marry and stay in alexandria. any advice anyone can give just in general about staying in alexandria would be helpful! thanks!

Posts: 2 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gentle_giant
Member # 10863

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for gentle_giant     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you go through the love and marriage section?
If you're fat, does he know it?

But seriously, accomodation aside, you can live on 20LE a day by eating boring stuff and doing little, or live comfortably on 150LE a day (and get drunk). Can you speak Arabic? Do you have any other friends there? Honestly, I'm a bit worried for you.

--------------------
Happiness is a choice!

Posts: 177 | From: London | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
majnoona
Member # 11805

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for majnoona     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
gentle giant he knows exactly what he has whats this le is that european and i do have a friend that lives in cairo i myself am from sunny california......
Posts: 2 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by majnoona:
gentle giant he knows exactly what he has whats this le is that european and i do have a friend that lives in cairo i myself am from sunny california......

LE is Egyptian pounds. Roughly 6 pounds to 1 US dollar. Your standard of living depends on whether you want something very close to American or not.
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Connie Anderson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by gentle_giant:
Did you go through the love and marriage section?
If you're fat, does he know it?

But seriously, accomodation aside, you can live on 20LE a day by eating boring stuff and doing little, or live comfortably on 150LE a day (and get drunk). Can you speak Arabic? Do you have any other friends there? Honestly, I'm a bit worried for you.

Ha ha, so funny.

Cripes things have gotten expensive in Egypt so quickly.

Underwear for my ex-husband was 1.5LE a few years ago is now 9LE.

My tunics I bought in Al agami were 90LE each, down from 100LE each (I guess I was cute enough to get a discount). But the same tunic would be 150LE in Shebin.

things, everything is much more expensive. Inflation is atrocious.

150LE isn't enough to live on comfortably in Egypt by western standards. Remember if they see a tourist coming (even an expat) the price doubles.

Posts: 991 | From: My daughter is a stalker | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com