EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Egypt receives more tourists in first eight months

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Egypt receives more tourists in first eight months
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Story Date: 2006-Sep-06 at 07:51:46

Egypt receives more tourists in first eight months

CAIRO, Sept. 6 (Xinhua) -- Egyptian Tourism Minister Zuheir Garana has said that the number of tourists visiting Egypt in the first eight months of this year increased by 5 percent over the same period last year, the state-owned al-Akhbar daily reported on Wednesday.

Garana said that the number of foreign visitors to Egypt reached 6 million, which reflected the strength of the Egyptian tourism industry and tourists' confidence in Egypt.

Tourism is one of Egypt's four key foreign currency earners, along with Suez Canal transit fees, remittances from Egyptian expatriates as well as gas and oil exports.

In 2005, 8.6 million foreign tourists visited Egypt and spent some 6.5 billion U.S. dollars, according to figures released by the Tourism Ministry.

http://news.pajamasmedia.com/lifestyle/2006/09/06/10668025_Egypt_receives_m.shtml

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sunburnt
Member # 4986

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunburnt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More visitors are great for the country but when is the government going to do something about the ripping off of tourists. My friend is here and I have just tried to book her a camel ride through a tour operator (I can;t take her as I have to work )and they are lookin for £100 that is approx LE1000, includes pick up and return home, and of course they have told us it doesn't include tips etc, now even in London u can hire a horse for alot less that that.
Posts: 167 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope you didn't "jump" on that offer, please! Shop around, the best is you are having an Egyptian friend doing the negociations for you.

I remember going on a camel back for 20, 30 LE an hour at the pyramids - but this is over 10 years ago.

Hope you are getting a reasonable price offer for the trip and I think you both should do it together. [Smile]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com