EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Do I need a tourist visa if I fly direct from London to Cairo?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Do I need a tourist visa if I fly direct from London to Cairo?
Mrs_E
Member # 11043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mrs_E     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know?
Posts: 19 | From: UK | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soozi
Member # 11108

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for soozi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, but you just buy them at the airport. A man puts a sticker in your passport, and then another when you leave.
Posts: 836 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr Small
Member # 7071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr Small     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As far as I am aware,yes you do.I think the only place you do not need one is when entering sharm.The last one I got was from the Egyptian consulate in london,posted on monday,recieved back on the wednesday,very fast.£18,6 month multiple entry.
Posts: 70 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
unless you are Egyptian then yes you do need one and can get one at the airport for £10, not £15 as they normally tell you on the plane [Big Grin] out of your £10 you will get change in LE, its Much cheaper to get it at the airport than applying here in UK. You can also get multiple entry visa from the passport office in Cairo when you are there.

Note: pay for the visa in £ not in LE.

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
born to be free
Member # 11125

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for born to be free     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi , for sure you don,t need to apply for a visa , you can get a visa which is a stamp you buy it for 15 $ or 90 egyptian pounds upon arrival to any egyptian airport , and it allows you to stay for 1 month validity and another 2 weeks , so it allows you to get 45 days , and you can extend it for one year , that,s for sure , i work for a travel agency and i know all these procedures,
welcome in egypt

Posts: 34 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs_E
Member # 11043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mrs_E     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks guys, although according to the embassy website you can only buy them on arrival in Taba or Sharm? Oh well I applied for a six-month one from the embassy in the end and got it back 2 days later, excellent service!

Thanks again!

Posts: 19 | From: UK | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ands, I swear you can get them in Cairo, Luxor, Hurghada, (all of these I have done and can personally vouch for) sharm and any other port of entry into Egypt [Big Grin]

Anyway, you got one now! Have a great time, when do you go? Im going next Week [Big Grin] [Big Grin] cant wait [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com