EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Flight from Luxor to Cairo

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Flight from Luxor to Cairo
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I managed to b** up flights to Cairo - left it so long to book my leave from work that only the expensive seats are left.

I can get a cheapish charter to Luxor but does anyone know if its possible to buy a flight from Luxor to Cairo directly from Luxor Airport when I arrive or will I need to go 'into town' to do it (and hence stay over night).

(Don't want to try to buy in advance from the UK in case of delays).

Thanks.

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
belly_wigggla
Member # 9626

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for belly_wigggla   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You don't have to stay overnight in Luxor in order to buy your tickets from the EgyptAir office on the corniche - it's only a 20 min ride from the airport!

My advice would be to ask at the airport when you arrive if you can purchase tickets (I would've thought it should be possible). But, if not, then hop in a taxi to the EgyptAir office - there are several flights to Cairo per day so you shouldn't have any difficulty finding availability.

Good luck!!

--------------------
[size=18]My EBAY[/size]

Posts: 41 | From: Egypt | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Contact American Express Travel Services luxor@amexfranchise.com and they can arrange everything for you, no need to go into Luxor at all.

--------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SayWhatYouSee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by oldbag:
Well I managed to b** up flights to Cairo - left it so long to book my leave from work that only the expensive seats are left.

I can get a cheapish charter to Luxor but does anyone know if its possible to buy a flight from Luxor to Cairo directly from Luxor Airport when I arrive or will I need to go 'into town' to do it (and hence stay over night).

(Don't want to try to buy in advance from the UK in case of delays).

Thanks.

Is Cairo your intended destination? By the time you add two return internal flights, won't that work out more expensive than a direct Egypt Air flight to Cairo? Egypt Air don't have a Sales office at Luxor airport (unless they have recently added one). They do have an office there and a further sales office in Luxor. They also have several UK offices and the London one, which sells tickets at standard prices. In addition to Akshar's suggestion, you could try discount airlines like Trailfinders, Travelsccope, etc, for a direct Cairo flight (I appreciate your concern over delays, re an internal flight.) I have usually found Cairo flights to be easy to get, even at the last minute. Hope it works out for you.
Posts: 2953 | From: Slightly south of Azkaban. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks everyone, I'll remember the advice for next time - sometimes you can get (very!) last minute flights to Luxor from the UK for £45 so well worth doing it that way if you can go last minute.
Meanwhile, I've managed to get a 'city break' direct to Cairo including direct British Airways flight and 5* hotel for 8 nights for £520, so I'm quite pleased with that.

(www.bargainholidays.com if anyone's interested!)

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com