EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Purchasing plane ticket

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Purchasing plane ticket
Diamond2006
Member # 11663

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Diamond2006     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How far in advance should I purchase an airplane ticket traveling to Egypt in June 2007?

Thanks

Posts: 10 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
a couple months minimum

--------------------
http://image.lafemmebonita.com/c/av879029.jpg

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
where are you from?
try this site, it requires you to download the tool but it is worth it. I use it to find all my tickets..
http://www.sidestep.com

it searches all airline sites as well as hotwire, cheaptickets, orbits .. all those..
keep checking this site and if you find a good price take it.. depending on where you are from .. the usa a good price would be 1000 to 1200 at that time of year. I usually found between 860 to 1400 depending on the time of year

--------------------
http://image.lafemmebonita.com/c/av879029.jpg

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am from the usa too.i purchase my ticket at least 2 months in advance and i have beenthere 3 times
i found the cheapest on lufthansa and just 1 stop in germany for 2 hours 11 hours total

Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Diamond2006
Member # 11663

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Diamond2006     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am from Virginia.
Posts: 10 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I LIVE 3 HOURS AWAY IN PA
I HAVE GONE TO EGYPT 3 TIMES .SO IF YOU NEED ANY HELP LET ME KNOW WHERE IN VIRGINIA ?????

Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Diamond2006
Member # 11663

Rate Member
Virginia Beach
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
not far at all if you want to look up some flights for june 2007 go to cheapair.com that is where i found the cheapest or just directly to the airlines you want to fly. june is a busy time and expensive but maybe you can find something now for cheaper dont wait till the last minute though
Diamond2006
Member # 11663

Rate Member
Thanks micky and mystic.
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
no problem
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is such a difference between travelling from the UK and tavelling from the USA. I have managed to get a cut price ticket from the UK to Luxor with only 24 hours notice.

--------------------
Everything for me - www.Luxor4me.com

Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
but the usa is different they want you too book at least a month before and the earlier the cheaper price you can get
trababe
Member # 11777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for trababe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i also found i could book at very short notice from the uk i booked mine in july just 5 days before i went
Posts: 477 | From: lancashire england | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Diamond2006:
How far in advance should I purchase an airplane ticket traveling to Egypt in June 2007?

Thanks

Wow I just looked for myself leaving Jun 22 and arriving back in Boston on Jul 1. Using Hotwire the lowest was $1,800 and using sidestep the cheapest was $1,300 with a 30 hour layover in Amsterdam!!! [Eek!]

For my British Air tickets for my December trip I only paid a little over $900 with the longest layover being 7 1/2 hours. I sure do hope those prices come down for June!

Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
i went in feb and it was 765.00 round trip with a layover in london just 6 hours. i went last july and it was 2100.00 with a stop in london then paris for 2 hours . never again will i go in the summer. this year i went the first week in sept for 2 weeks and it was 865.00 with a lay over in germany for 5 hours then to cairo total 11 hours in the sky. not bad and this time i flew lufthansa. go to cheapair.com. i was getting my reservations when i was almost done with thenm it said that they had a cheaper flight right on the screen. i was amazed. cant hurt to try
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow. I was going to go in June and now maybe I won't. [Frown]
Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
I AM STILL LOOKING FOR YOU
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
I JUST LOOKED UP LOWESTFARE.COM AND I GOT A PRICE OF 965.55 TOTAL ALL YOU DO ID GO IN THE WEBSITE AND TYR TO GO DURING THE WEEK NOT THE WEEKEND. THEN THEY WILL ASK YOU TO NAME YOUR PRICE . SO I DID 700.00 AND WITH TAXES THEY SAID 965.55. TRY THAT AND NAME YOUR PRICE . LET ME KNOW HOW IT GOES DOODLEBUG. AND GOOD LUCK [Smile]
trababe
Member # 11777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for trababe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have just booked my flight for 20 novmeber for me and my daughter and did it directly with the airline for £554 and thats the cheapest i can find
Posts: 477 | From: lancashire england | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

quote:
Originally posted by micky azzam:
I JUST LOOKED UP LOWESTFARE.COM AND I GOT A PRICE OF 965.55 TOTAL ALL YOU DO ID GO IN THE WEBSITE AND TYR TO GO DURING THE WEEK NOT THE WEEKEND. THEN THEY WILL ASK YOU TO NAME YOUR PRICE . SO I DID 700.00 AND WITH TAXES THEY SAID 965.55. TRY THAT AND NAME YOUR PRICE . LET ME KNOW HOW IT GOES DOODLEBUG. AND GOOD LUCK [Smile]

Hmm...still not getting lower than $1,330 but I'll keep on trying. I need a calendar using that site 'cause it doesn't tell you what day of the week the date is. Thanks for the tip though. Maybe the closer you book the cheaper it is since they normally add more planes once these get booked. (that's what my mom once told me anyways.)
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
it gives you the calender just click on the date that shows up and it will change to a calender
maxman
Member # 12150

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for maxman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi fellas,
I was told by an american mate that the prices from the US. are astronomical,when he visits me in east africa,so what he does,he does his trip in two stages,gets a cheap ticket us-uk&then a cheap ticket UK-e.africa,i wonder if this could work for egypt where there is more traffic?? [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
www.excitingegypt.co.uk

Posts: 998 | From: UK,Egypt,east and central africa..... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
I WAS JUST LOOKING UP THE PRICES AND IT IS ABOUT THE SAME PRICE IF YOU DO THAT MAXMAN

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com