EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Is it safe (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Is it safe
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im due to fligh out to egypt on tuesday, due to my friend being really sick in hospital,
I have heard today, that they say its not safe for me to come there,
I have booked my flight and i cant get my money back or change it,

i worried cause i really want to come and i want to know if i will be safe as a westerner, Should i stay in Cairo and do you recomend a safe cheap hotel to stay in,

Maybe this is an excuse not to come, but i have to come as i cant return my ticket, and i also am looking forward to the brake, Have you any ideas for me as a woman alone there
I hope you can help
thanks

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soozi
Member # 11108

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for soozi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who says its not safe? And what is their reasoning?
Posts: 836 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by yorkshire rose:
im due to fligh out to egypt on tuesday, due to my friend being really sick in hospital,
I have heard today, that they say its not safe for me to come there,
I have booked my flight and i cant get my money back or change it,

i worried cause i really want to come and i want to know if i will be safe as a westerner, Should i stay in Cairo and do you recomend a safe cheap hotel to stay in,

Maybe this is an excuse not to come, but i have to come as i cant return my ticket, and i also am looking forward to the brake, Have you any ideas for me as a woman alone there
I hope you can help
thanks

Why not safe? There are no Plagues here
Posts: 3128 | From: Not Your Heaven | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also cant understand it soozi, its the family from Refaat, they say there is war on westerners
I was there 5 weeks ago, all was well, please help, any ideas where to stay in cairo
please im happy with all ideas
I think that they dont want me to come
i think its excuses
xx

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
thanks guys , you have answered my question.
i belived they were only excuses, now im furious
But im still coming

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

soozi
Member # 11108

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for soozi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it is excuses as well. And if they don't want you there, then maybe you shouldn't go?

Lets be honest, out of all your comments about this guy on previous posts its not boding well for any kind of future is it? Cut your losses, and move on. Ok so you lose your airfare, but keep a bit of pride!

Posts: 836 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
yes, youre right soozi, but im gonna come and stay alone, its good for me, i will enjoy myself anyway, i was always independant, i just hope that hes happy, and them all, i dont mind anymore, i enjoyed cairo, so maybe i can do some touristy things, have fun, and learn alot, im ok alone, im strong and travelled alone alot
thanks xx

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

soozi
Member # 11108

Member Rated:
Ok thats not a bad idea! Have fun!
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
yes, youre right soozi, but im gonna come and stay alone, its good for me, i will enjoy myself anyway, i was always independant, i just hope that hes happy, and them all, i dont mind anymore, i enjoyed cairo, so maybe i can do some touristy things, have fun, and learn alot, im ok alone, im strong and travelled alone alot
thanks xx

Come & be on your own but deliver him an indirect message when you're back that you were in Egypt...... he'll go mad...... that's only if you want to get back at him after moving on [Razz] [Cool]
Posts: 3128 | From: Not Your Heaven | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I also cant understand it soozi, its the family from Refaat, they say there is war on westerners

A war on westerners? [Eek!]
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
hahahaahahahah
thanks cinders, i dont care anymore, i just wanna have fun, so then thats there lose, im looking forward to being alone for a week, kick off my shoes and have a ball, but safely ofcourse,

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 7 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
hahahaahahahah
thanks cinders, i dont care anymore, i just wanna have fun, so then thats there lose, im looking forward to being alone for a week, kick off my shoes and have a ball, but safely ofcourse,

Egypt is one of the safest countries in the world

Except for street sexual harrassement [Big Grin]
That they forgot to mention [Wink] [Razz]

You know, I, myself, look like a westerner... If it wasnt safe, I could have been dead by now

yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
thanks for all youre help,
does anyone know any good accomodaion there, im arriving tuesday at 1.45 so i m in day light and it should be easier to find somewhere, buyt if i have an idea, this would be sooo helpfull

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

quote:
thanks for all youre help,
does anyone know any good accomodaion there, im arriving tuesday at 1.45 so i m in day light and it should be easier to find somewhere, buyt if i have an idea, this would be sooo helpfull

What do you have in mind? 5 stars, 4 stars, 3 stars?? Which area do you like the most? Zamalek? Down town? heliopolis?
soozi
Member # 11108

Member Rated:
Try Lastminute.com I've found them to be really helpful before.
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
i would if possible like something cheap and clean as i have not so much money, i dont have a clue about the areas, which is nice and then close to all ameneties, that would really be the best, all i need is a bed, shower and wc, i dont need luxury, i will bring my own wc papier haahhaaha, dont know what to do with that water pipe

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

soozi
Member # 11108

Member Rated:
i will bring my own wc papier haahhaaha, dont know what to do with that water pipe [/QB][/QUOTE]

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
hahahahaahahahaahahaahaaha
i thought it was there to clean the wc and the floor, hahahahahaahahahaaha
i used it for that, and to wash my feet hahahaahaaah

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

quote:
hahahahaahahahaahahaahaaha
i thought it was there to clean the wc and the floor, hahahahahaahahahaaha
i used it for that, and to wash my feet hahahaahaaah

oh I dont get how you guys can live without that water pipe in the toilet..... when I go to europe, after i finish toiletting i put my a$$ in the bath tub.... no kidding.... toilet paper is never enough...... [Eek!]
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
hahahahaahahaha
well this is something im gonna learn about, if itss so good, got to try it
but you know, the wet smelly nice tissues are gret

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

sunburnt
Member # 4986

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunburnt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a bed and breakfast place on the nile down in Maadi its run by a scottish woman and her egyptian husband, not sure of the phone muber but maybe someone in here knows it
Posts: 167 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you are arriving in Cairo the following hotel is cheap and clean and it is a quiet part of Cairo very near the British Embassy

New Garden Palace Hotel
11 Modereat Al Tahir St
Garden City

Tel 7964020, 7964020 Fax 7963630 email ngpalace@hotmail.com

--------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sunburnt
Member # 4986

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunburnt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ohh sorry just had a thought, sady many Egyptians make up stories of illness hospital treatment etc and your friend might not actually be in hopsital just a tale from him and his family. I have a friend who's egyptian boyfriend asked twice for money to bury his mother.
Posts: 167 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PS what a pathetic excuse to stop you coming, did they think you weren't going to check

--------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 10 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
hahahahaahahaha
well this is something im gonna learn about, if itss so good, got to try it
but you know, the wet smelly nice tissues are gret

The wet tissues you're talking about are good but there's nothing like the strong water jet getting into the a$$hole [Big Grin]
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
hahahahaahahaahahaah

i cant stop laughing, you make my day sooo happy, thanks guys, yes i was thinkimng about the nile, bb
thanks, yes, i knoiw, it was all excuses, there lose, hahahahaahah
im still in fits cinders, this is really something ive got to try

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

soozi
Member # 11108

Member Rated:
I thought about giving it a go on a couple of occasions but never quite got the guts!!! Fear of not knowing what to expect!!
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always use tripadvisor.com when I am looking for a place to stay. They have a section for Cairo and just a quick look shows that this place http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g294201-d469492-Reviews-Hotel_Longchamps-Cairo.html gets a lot of good reviews. They have a forum there too but it's not near as active as this one is. Good luck and try to have fun and not think about the guy!
Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 10 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by soozi:
I thought about giving it a go on a couple of occasions but never quite got the guts!!! Fear of not knowing what to expect!!

LOL..... I dont care anymore...... whoever has a problem has to shove it up their a$$ [Big Grin]
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Yorkshire rose,

I've been living in Cairo as a foreigner for several years and I think it's one of the safest cities on earth. Yes, you will get harassed and that's annoying, and you might also get a certain kind of aggression from young guys, but you are very unlikely to ever feel in physical danger there. There is certainly not a "war on Westerners" going on, lol. I've been in Cairo even during the Iraq war and never felt unsafe even then.

As for a hotel, I have no first hand experience of this one, except that I went to their rooftop bar a few weeks ago and quite liked it [Big Grin] But the review sounds quite good:

King Hotel Doqqi

Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soozi
Member # 11108

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Chinderella angel TORMENTOR:
quote:

LOL..... I dont care anymore...... whoever has a problem has to shove it up their a$$ [Big Grin]
Hahaha, you don't literally shove it up do you? I thought it was for washing the outside parts!!?!
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

quote:
quote:
quote:

Hahaha, you don't literally shove it up do you? I thought it was for washing the outside parts!!?!
LOL...... my AH would have been as wide as this forum if I shove anything in heheheheheehehe [Big Grin]

Imagine that, it wouldnt have been only wide, but would have given me constant uncontrollable diahrreas & stinkiness ...... yuck [Big Grin] I'd go to hell for that [Eek!]

soozi
Member # 11108

Member Rated:
I was more concerned with the fact that the same pipe had been up everyone elses too.

Especially in hotel rooms! [Eek!] [Eek!] [Big Grin]

*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 9 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I was more concerned with the fact that the same pipe had been up everyone elses too.

you know what? sometimes it happens as an accident that it hits me in the butt if it's positioned a bit too high? causes me such a shock [Eek!] [Frown]
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
hahahahaahahaahahaah

i cant stop laughing, you make my day sooo happy, thanks guys, yes i was thinkimng about the nile, bb
thanks, yes, i knoiw, it was all excuses, there lose, hahahahaahah
im still in fits cinders, this is really something ive got to try

You go girl! Great attitude you have. Maybe some ES members living in Cairo would take care of your sightseeing and entertainment? It would be soooooooooooo nice of them! [Smile]
Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soozi
Member # 11108

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

you know what? sometimes it happens as an accident that it hits me in the butt if it's positioned a bit too high? causes me such a shock [Eek!] [Frown]
Hahahaha
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

quote:
quote:
quote:

Hahahaha
These metal water pipes have no mercy...... I'm telling you [Eek!] [Big Grin]
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
does any rememebr the thread i did it made headlines remember about the toilet in egypt and wud you go for a crap in front of yr hubby ,it was in my old threads before some one kindly got me kicked off ...wud love to see that reborn ...
Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 4 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BANANA FACE(luv it toots thnx):
does any rememebr the thread i did it made headlines remember about the toilet in egypt and wud you go for a crap in front of yr hubby ,it was in my old threads before some one kindly got me kicked off ...wud love to see that reborn ...

Doing that infront of your hubby is a bad idea [Eek!]
soozi
Member # 11108

Member Rated:
I remember it, you can't beat a bit of good old toilet humour!

[Big Grin] [Razz]

FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

u didnt see it or did you uhhhhhhhhhm it was a pretty good thread man u shid have seen some answers to it DOES ANY ONE STILL HAVE IT sssssssssssssssssssssssssssoooooooooooooooono u must have it sweety ....NOW I KKNOW SHES ONE I CAN DEPEND ON HOPING !!!
Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

quote:
quote:
quote:

u didnt see it or did you uhhhhhhhhhm it was a pretty good thread man u shid have seen some answers to it DOES ANY ONE STILL HAVE IT sssssssssssssssssssssssssssoooooooooooooooono u must have it sweety ....NOW I KKNOW SHES ONE I CAN DEPEND ON HOPING !!!
i have seen it...... but dont remember if i replied to it

No doubt Sono's got it [Big Grin]

We should call this thread "is it safe to use toilet pipes?" [Big Grin]

FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
OH I SAY WHATS THAT POKED ME UP MY BATTY [Big Grin] [Big Grin] uuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhmmmm
thistle
Member # 6024

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for thistle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Yorkshire Rose,
Check us out at www.nileview.com bed and breakfast, great views of the Nile and Pyramids, clean and reasonable, we`ll take good care of you.
Thanks for the mention Sunburnt.
I`m Scottish, you can`t go wrong!

Posts: 27 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Thanks thistle, im going to check this out,
is it close to all amenities, looks very nice,
Guys i must say this has become a very funny thread, came home from work and laughed my ass off, theres nothing like a good bit of toilet talk to get the party started.
I should of made this thread over water pipes, but there again i think alot of us are wondering about this
I never laughed so much in so long, thanks so much for the humour, im going to check all the websites out today that you all have helped me with,
which area do you recomend, and why do you think its best,
Thanks guys xxxxxxxx

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
thistle , are you owner of the nile bb?

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

ael_husseiny
Member # 10201

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ael_husseiny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
zamalek is the safest and best foreign area u should choose next to the dutch embassy too in zamalek, look there is a perfect motel just infront dutch embassy in zamalek, u will like it alot.

--------------------
samir

Posts: 150 | From: cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
thankyou so much, im going to look there

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

quote:
Thanks thistle, im going to check this out,
is it close to all amenities, looks very nice,
Guys i must say this has become a very funny thread, came home from work and laughed my ass off, theres nothing like a good bit of toilet talk to get the party started.
I should of made this thread over water pipes, but there again i think alot of us are wondering about this
I never laughed so much in so long, thanks so much for the humour, im going to check all the websites out today that you all have helped me with,
which area do you recomend, and why do you think its best,
Thanks guys xxxxxxxx

You sure did laugh your ass off cuz it's all about ass & water pipes here [Big Grin]
..... ha ha ha ha ha ha

I remember going to europe when i was 6 years old.......... there was no water pipes in the toiltes..... i was disappointed, then we went to Belgrade & we found one in the hotel..... we call it in arabic "shatafa"
So i was screaming in the toilet, bedroom & lobby in arabic "shatafa", "shatafa", "shatafa", "shatafa", hip hip hurray, hip hip hurray, hip hip hurray

Egyptians are fadayeh [Big Grin]

yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
hahahahahaaahahahahahaha

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com