EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Are we having our legs pulled?!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Are we having our legs pulled?!
deborah
Member # 2372

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for deborah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all,

My brother-in-law and his wife have just returned from their holiday in Luxor, we are due to go in a few weeks and they told us that a shot of whisky/vodka/gin etc in the hotels is now £7.50! around LE75 is that right or are they telling us porkys?! thanks

Posts: 22 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SayWhatYouSee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Deborah,

Imported spirits, wine and champagne are very expensive in Egypt. £7.50 is a little on the high side, around £5 is more normal. It depends on the rating of the hotel, the spirit and if a mixer is included but £7.50 is a possible price, yes.

Posts: 2953 | From: Slightly south of Azkaban. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Buy a bottle at the airport, buy another on the plane and another 3 at duty free when you land in Egypt. That should keep you going.

Friend of mine paid 55LE for a glass on wine in the Meridian (about £5) and you can buy a bottle for 35LE

--------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soozi
Member # 11108

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for soozi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We paid about £4 for shots earlier on this year, and were horrified!!! [Big Grin] [Eek!] [Big Grin]
Posts: 836 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11766

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ..     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that is nothing..we just paid £25 per G and T in London!!!..so Cairo and Red Sea Resorts are okay!!
Posts: 854 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soozi
Member # 11108

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for soozi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by satanmademedoit:
that is nothing..we just paid £25 per G and T in London!!!..so Cairo and Red Sea Resorts are okay!!

Where were you? Somewhere nice I take it??!!
Posts: 836 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11766

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ..     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, The Sanderson,London.

It is out of this world

http://www.sandersonlondon.com/

Great people watch place..unfortunately Robbie Williams was no where to be seen!!.. [Frown]

One G and T was enough..lol

Posts: 854 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soozi
Member # 11108

Member Rated:
Wow, looks amazing! Now I understand the G&T price!! I hope it tasted great! [Razz]
DawnBev
Member # 11276

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DawnBev     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
£25 for a G&T!!!!! I hope it was a good one!
£25??!!

Posts: 1056 | From: UK, Middle East & Europe | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kimbaha
Member # 12368

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kimbaha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have a great hol in Lux xxxxx
Posts: 16 | From: england and egypt | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by akshar:
Buy a bottle at the airport, buy another on the plane and another 3 at duty free when you land in Egypt. That should keep you going.

Friend of mine paid 55LE for a glass on wine in the Meridian (about £5) and you can buy a bottle for 35LE

Exactly that's the best advice..... You can buy your bottles from the airport or from Drinkies..... they have branches now alover Egypt .... if you call them on their Delivery number 19330 & check whether they have a branch in Luxor that'd be very convinient [Wink]

http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/boozer.htm

scroll to the bottom of the page, you will find info on Drinkies

Posts: 3128 | From: Not Your Heaven | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ana uhibbuk
Member # 11817

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ana uhibbuk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone,

I recently read a posting on the forum, not sure of where it was, about an american who married an egyptian, and went to live in Egypt. She said something about her husband leaving her in Egypt to come back to the states to work.. When she wanted to leave and went to the American Embassy, they told her they could not help her, because they go by the Muslim Rules.. Alot people wrote to say they thought this lady was lying...

I told my husband about this.. He is also Egyptian and he said that is not true.. The American Embassy would never say that... He wants to read the posting, but I don't remember where I saw it...

Can anyone tell me where it was listed?

I would really appreciate you help..

Thanks.

Posts: 50 | From: New York City, USA | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont know of the listing but its my understanding as long as she has her passport he cant keep her from leaving. He can prevent her from taking any child of theirs from egypt but not herself

--------------------
http://image.lafemmebonita.com/c/av879029.jpg

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imagine
Member # 11591

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for imagine   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmm personally i have it in my marriage contract that me and the children between me and my husband can at anytime travel in and out of egypt without permission from my husband. Have it on a seperat document aswell. I dont see how she could be denied travelling to America is she has american passport or is an american citizen. Makes no sence that the embassy would not help her.
Posts: 712 | From: Hurghada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pablowablo
Member # 9129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for pablowablo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yea drink prices are a rip off
i just get all my booze from the airport and drink it at home
75le for a drink is just insane no matter who u are

Posts: 113 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pablowablo
Member # 9129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for pablowablo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and no were not having or legs pulled
were having our legs spread!

Posts: 113 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com