EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Unwanted attention...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Unwanted attention...
Elaineuk
Member # 12382

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elaineuk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've heard quite a bit about Egyptian men being very flirtatious with English women, how do I deal with any unwanted attention? my husband is quite possessive over me where other men are concerned, it wouldn't take much to get him angry if Egyptian men were making rude remarks or suggestions about me.I don't want him to end up getting locked up for abusing one of the locals lol.
Posts: 47 | From: Derbyshire, England | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soozi
Member # 11108

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for soozi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think a possessive husband may be just the ticket!!! Its the way they think a husband should be! [Wink]
Posts: 836 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lol,when your husband is with you, you will be left alone. As soon as he is gone, they will talk to you, try to make contact. I never had bad expierences like touching or something like that, but sometimes they can be very perstistant/sticky.
You can say "No" for a thousand times, the
1001th time they will ask the same...
Of course not every men is like this, but there are always types like this near...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ?????:
Lol,when your husband is with you, you will be left alone. As soon as he is gone, they will talk to you, try to make contact.

That ain't true, they flirting with you while your husband is next to you. Even my husband said WTF?! [Big Grin]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not when he is Egyptian... [Wink]

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
they will respect you and more him for reacting when you are acosted and telling them off

--------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Screw you
Member # 11942

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Screw you         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
who said it was english only??? My suggestion, is for you to ignore it and let your husband deal with it in a firm way It's a holiday, it's not as though you're gonna run off with someone!!

Don't worry I'm sure he'll be fine and won't end up spending the night in jail.

--------------------
Learn from the past.
Live in the present.
Hope for the future.

Posts: 1474 | From: in my own paradise | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alchemist
Member # 12318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alchemist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey this is a question I have, as a single young woman traveling alone are there precautions I can take or maybe even something that I can say(like in arabic) to the guy if this happens? I know to dress modestly just wondering if anyone had an hints or tips.
Posts: 1879 | From: Going to Graceland | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tell , him youre married, and youre husband is in work, i was followed when i was there alone, and i just said, i had no time, amnd that i was meeting my husband, listen to music, in youre ears when walking around, you dont have to listen to anyone or and comments, and just walk on,

its n ot true, they do flirt when youre husband or friend is there

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DamselInDistress
Member # 7061

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DamselInDistress     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alchemist, the best way to deal with these homars is to totally ignore them. If you say anything back to them, even if it is abuse, they see this as you being interested. Even eye contact is enough for some of them to think you are into them. YUCK.

Taxi drivers can be a real pain. NEVER sit in the front seat and the only conversation you need to have with him is to tell him where you are going. Take care and try to avoid catching cabs late at night if you are alone.

Posts: 70 | From: Cairo Egypt | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If they really annoy you and you can't get away then take off one of your shoes and start hitting him shouting and screaming at the top of your voice. This will bring a crowd around who will be on your side. they will also lay into him. This is very much a last resort if you feel really threatened but the best thing is just to ignore it. If you have a man with you let him take it up.

--------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Alchemist:
Hey this is a question I have, as a single young woman traveling alone are there precautions I can take or maybe even something that I can say(like in arabic) to the guy if this happens? I know to dress modestly just wondering if anyone had an hints or tips.

I think damsel gives the best advice here. the ONLY way to avoid it is to not answer, not react, not make eye contact. For me it was hard as I have been brought up to answer politely when spoken to BUT that is seen as interest. Even if I am spoken to by men who know my husband and will say " welcome back madame ******" I ignore and do not even look at them unless my husband is with me. If you are getting a lot of unwanted hassle try putting up a hand (like you are stopping traffic) and saying *Khalas* firmly, dont make eye contact and walk on, that should work.
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miss Sharm
Member # 12405

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miss Sharm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by yorkshire rose:
tell , him youre married, and youre husband is in work, i was followed when i was there alone, and i just said, i had no time, amnd that i was meeting my husband, listen to music, in youre ears when walking around, you dont have to listen to anyone or and comments, and just walk on,

its n ot true, they do flirt when youre husband or friend is there

Good tip Yorkshire Rose - How about wearing a ring on your wedding finger then they will think/presume that you are married! Do you agree with that Samara_Anissa? [Wink]
Posts: 1244 | From: we come in peace | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miss Sharm
Member # 12405

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miss Sharm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another tip - you could always say that you have an egyptian b/f waiting for you and that if they don't leave you alone they will have him to deal with!
Posts: 1244 | From: we come in peace | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi miss sharm, yes i did have the big dimond as sono said, on my finger, but i turned it around so it looked like a wedding ring.

no i dont agree with her, heheheheeheheheh

I hope you are ok, i loved youre news, my god, go british girl

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Acid Shot
Member # 12624

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Acid Shot         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Egyptian men go for money, money and money. Scoring looks and money is a dream come true. If your hot its bonus. If not, its cash injection. Got it? Good. [Wink]
Posts: 9 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miss Sharm
Member # 12405

Rate Member
Not all Egyptian men want a woman for her money, however the ones that do are the low life and deserve what they get in their life!
needsomeone
Member # 9046

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for needsomeone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by akshar:
If they really annoy you and you can't get away then take off one of your shoes and start hitting him shouting and screaming at the top of your voice. .

[Big Grin]
Posts: 104 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com