EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Visa to Europe

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Visa to Europe
Noor-77X
Member # 3199

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Noor-77X     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone.
I was wondering in which way an egyptian guy can come to visit Europe.
Is it true that you have to wait for a long time to get a VISA?
Thank you very much.

Posts: 31 | From: italy | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treston
Member # 1821

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for treston     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i just wish u a luck my friend cause u ll need it , even i am not an egyptian, just because i have many egyptian visas on my passport, i m having many difficulties to get europian visas.they always ask me why i ve been there....and eachtimes i say them that climate of egypt is good for my rheumatism....those idiots think that i am a terrorist and that makes me laugh and think at the same time...what ta f...
Posts: 26 | From: İstanbul,Turkey | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What nationality are you Treston?
Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noor-77X
Member # 3199

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Noor-77X     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CAN YOU EXPLAIN TO ME IN WHICH WAY CAN HE HAVE THE VISA?
Posts: 31 | From: italy | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treston
Member # 1821

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for treston     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Debbie:
What nationality are you Treston?

i am a turkish Debbie

Posts: 26 | From: İstanbul,Turkey | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Noor,

Usually, an invitation from the 'host' is required by most countries, before issuing a Visa to Egyptians.

In terms of timeframe, it depends on the 'army' status of your friend, among other issues. It all depends on the circumstances of the Egyptian individual applying for a visa.

I encourage you to advise him to call the embassy/consulate of the country he wants to visit, and they will surely instruct him.

You can also call the nearest Egyptian consulate/embassy in your country and find out what are the required documents that an Egyptian should present to apply for a Visa to visit another country. They should know.

I hope this answers your question.
Best regards,

Monica

quote:
Originally posted by Noor-77X:
Hi everyone.
I was wondering in which way an egyptian guy can come to visit Europe.
Is it true that you have to wait for a long time to get a VISA?
Thank you very much.

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 02 December 2003).]

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by treston:

i am a turkish Debbie

Insha'alla, Turkey will soon be part of the EU and you will be able to travel freely wherever in Europe you want to go.

By the way, I love Turkey! If I'd gone to Istanbul before Cairo I would probably be living there. It has so much of what I love about Egypt in Turkey, yet it has the Bospherous (which, I'm sorry..I like a rushing river better than the Nile), four seasons, and systems that actually work.

Now, this is NOT to say I don't dearly love Egypt. I do, and you aren't getting rid of me no matter what happens, but I will always have a soft spot in my heart for Turkey.

The only thing I didn't love about Turkey is the language. Any language that takes about 7 syllables to say Thankyou in... is too hard!

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noor-77X
Member # 3199

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Noor-77X     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you very very much monica.
Probably he will get VISA in February..I hope!
thanks once again.
Noor

treston
Member # 1821

Rate Member
i would like to thank u Debbie for your beautiful comments on the land i born and live, also i am very happy cause u had a good time here in Turkey and i also would like to express that i m agree with u about every single word u mentioned for Turkey and Egypt. I love both
msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for msjen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
good deal one cannot marry a country ...
Posts: 661 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noor-77X
Member # 3199

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Noor-77X     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IS IT NORMAL THAT AN EGYPTIAN GUY OF 27 IS NOT MARRIED YET?
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
IS IT NORMAL THAT AN EGYPTIAN GUY OF 27 IS NOT MARRIED YET?

Very! You aren't from around these parts, are you Noor-77x?

With everything a young man has to pay for to prepare for marriage, it is the unusual one or the very spoiled one that can aford it before 27.

fantachero
Member # 2707

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for fantachero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Merhaba Treston,

Turkish? So do I Do you live in turkey? Which city? I dont know why I dont write in turkish by the way

Debbie,thanks a lot for your good thoughts about turkey.Isn't it a fabulous country and city Istanbul?I will have a look deeply to bosphorous for you on my way back to home

quote:

i am a turkish Debbie

Posts: 117 | From: istanbul, turkey | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aidia
Member # 3198

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for aidia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi evryone
at first i would like to thank debbie for expression such beautiful thoughts about the country i was born in. I unfortunatly dont live there any more as i moved to london about fourteen years ago.
i visited sharm twice this year and was able to make a short visit to cairo and on my second trip i met some of the most wonderfull and friendly people i have ever met. on my return to london i actually felt home sick and was in tears on the plane.
i would just love to get in contact with treston and debbie and share my experiances with them and maybe build a long and lasting friendships. my e-mail address is eda_m01@hotmail.com.
i look forward to hearing from you.

Aidia

Posts: 26 | From: london, england | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noor-77X
Member # 3199

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Noor-77X     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Debbie,no I am not from North Africa or from Middle East.

treston
Member # 1821

Rate Member
Merhaba Fantachero !
Its so nice to feel that i am not the only turkish here in this forum , u and other turks write here too... u , aidia and maybe others too whom i dont know most of them yet... I live in Istanbul, and i consider myself as a very lucky person to have that chance to live in it. Each time i cross the Bosphorus bridges, my love to Istanbul is getting bigger and bigger...not only me and other turks actually but also all of my foreigner friends too, as soon as they see the view of Bosphorus they suddenly fall in love with it , and i enjoy watching them as they amazed by the great picture of it ...but as i understand from your post, this view is not new for u too ...anyway ,can i ask u whats your story with Egypt?...
Take care

fantachero
Member # 2707

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for fantachero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Selam Treston,

I am also extremely glad to see turkish people here in this forum. I will write again but I am so busy at work today. Please send me mail to fantachero@yahoo.com, who knows maybe we may even be livin in close areas

Gorusuruz,

quote:
Merhaba Fantachero !
Its so nice to feel that i am not the only turkish here in this forum , u and other turks write here too... u , aidia and maybe others too whom i dont know most of them yet... I live in Istanbul, and i consider myself as a very lucky person to have that chance to live in it. Each time i cross the Bosphorus bridges, my love to Istanbul is getting bigger and bigger...not only me and other turks actually but also all of my foreigner friends too, as soon as they see the view of Bosphorus they suddenly fall in love with it , and i enjoy watching them as they amazed by the great picture of it ...but as i understand from your post, this view is not new for u too ...anyway ,can i ask u whats your story with Egypt?...
Take care

Posts: 117 | From: istanbul, turkey | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aidia
Member # 3198

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for aidia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Merhaba Fantachero + Treston

insallah iyisinizdir ve trestonin dediklerine katiliyorum bu forumda baska turklerde temas kurmak cok hos. thats enough turkish, i think i've lived in london for too long.
i had the pleasure of staying in istanbul for three weeks over a year ago although it wasn't my first time there the other two times i was too young to realise the beauty of Istanbul. unfortunatly my uncle is quite stuck in his old ways so i didn't get to see enough of its beauty. Neyse yine cok konusdum.
please do get in touch with me it would be wonderfull for me to get to know you two.
i hope to hear from you soon.
e-mail edadoganel@yahoo.co.uk

Posts: 26 | From: london, england | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noor-77X
Member # 3199

Rate Member
I was wondering if is possibile to take to Egypt alcoolics..by plane.
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everything is possible.

quote:
I was wondering if is possibile to take to Egypt alcoolics..by plane.

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noor-77X
Member # 3199

Rate Member
monica, but at the incoming in the airport, if egyptian police discovers bottles in a luggage what could happen?
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please get a guidebook or look on the customs page. There's an alcohol allowance to bring into the country, plus you can buy up to 4 liters at Egypt's duty free shop at the airport within the first 12 hrs of arrival OR 2-3 liters at duty free shops anywhere else within 24 hr of your arrival. You must pay with hard currency.

Most of the time, they do not check your luggage at the airport.

[This message has been edited by ExptinCAI (edited 14 December 2003).]

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treston
Member # 1821

Rate Member

they even checked the inside of my canon camera in custom...it took his 10 mins to
figure out how lens and camera apart from eachother...and finaly he gave up
and accepted my help ... i dont know whats wrong with my appearence
maybe i look like a drug dealer or something like that

aidia
Member # 3198

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for aidia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

they even checked the inside of my canon camera in custom...it took his 10 mins to
figure out how lens and camera apart from eachother...and finaly he gave up
and accepted my help ... i dont know whats wrong with my appearence
maybe i look like a drug dealer or something like that

treston hearing how many times you've been hassled at airports and not being able to get visa's i've come to the conclusion that this is because you are turkish and not because you look like a drug dealer. but saying that i would love to decide for myself when i've actually seen your picture so please do hurry and send me one.
with luv eda

Noor-77X
Member # 3199

Rate Member
Dear Treston I asked that because some friends would like to take to Sharm a pair of bottles for the last night of 2003..but I don't know what answer to them.
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bringing booze into Egypt isn't too difficult, but if it's just a couple of bottles for New Years Eve, why not just buy them at the airport? Seems simple enough and stress free.

Booze is not customs biggest worry. Just don't try to bring in 3 DVD players and a new camcorder for New Years without planning to pay customs. HaHa!

Noor-77X
Member # 3199

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Noor-77X     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Debbie...I think it will be not possible to buy ITALIAN WHITE WINE at the airport in Sharm El Sheikh
thomas
Member # 1946

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for thomas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a question for you as you seem to know what you are talking about.

do you know how much money they have to have to get a tourist visa for the uk for example. I have been told it is 20000 egyptian pounds but that seems a lot for a tourist visa?

thanks

quote:
Originally posted by Debbie:
Bringing booze into Egypt isn't too difficult, but if it's just a couple of bottles for New Years Eve, why not just buy them at the airport? Seems simple enough and stress free.

Booze is not customs biggest worry. Just don't try to bring in 3 DVD players and a new camcorder for New Years without planning to pay customs. HaHa!

Posts: 121 | From: lomdon | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Debbie...I think it will be not possible to buy ITALIAN WHITE WINE at the airport in Sharm El Sheikh

I'm not sure what they have in Sharm, but they should have French white wine. That is always available in Cairo.
If you have to have Italian, bring me some (red) and sneak in as much as you can!

chrys
Member # 2872

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for chrys     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Thomas

The actual cost of a visa is currently around £30. If you go to the Visa sites, you will have all the information (forms requested etc): http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1006977149953

If this link doesn't work go to http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/ choose "Staying in the UK" and then the link at the bottom "UK Visa".

On a practical note, it is very difficult to obtain a tourist visa at the moment for Egyptian men given the international political issues. Unless they are convinced that he will really only go there for holiday (not to work) they won't give him a visa and having a visa denied might influence their decision in the future (deny another application).

I don't know how much your boyfriend earns in Sharm but if he is in the tourism industry maybe £30 to £60/month. I am not sure they will think the salary is high enough to make him come back to Egypt.

Some touristic agencies organise tourist visits in group to the UK (they organise flight and hotel) and it might increase the chances of him obtaining the visa, in which case you have to pay the agency for the whole package; £2,000 for 2 weeks is therefore not unlikely. But again there is no guarantee that the agency will obtain the visa although, in this case they usually pay someone to get the visa.

I got in touch with some agencies but it was expensive and rather complicated. From what I have read in other threads it might be easier to obtain the visa for another European country.

I am not sure this helps but it gives you a starting point. I am still looking at ways to get my boyfriend to come over for a holiday and if I find anything I can let you know. YOu can email me at chrysegypt@yahoo.co.uk.

Good luck

Posts: 18 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noor-77X
Member # 3199

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Noor-77X     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
all of you guys in the topic, I would like to get some mails and to practice my english!
Anyone of yo, egyptian-british-americans..
my mail: leo105it@yahoo.it

Noor-77X
Member # 3199

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Noor-77X     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Debbie, unfortunately I am not coming to Egyot this time!! I will spend my holidays in Paris,but I am planning to come back to Red Sea in march for my bithday.
So do you know italian wines? Have you ever been in my country?
Ciao

thomas
Member # 1946

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for thomas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hELLO

thanks so much for your mail. that is helpful but I think you are right, they treated him vert badly at the embassy and now he feels like dirt but I don't want to live in sharm so it is never easy.

are you from the uk?

quote:
Originally posted by chrys:
Hi Thomas

The actual cost of a visa is currently around £30. If you go to the Visa sites, you will have all the information (forms requested etc): http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/S howPage&c=Page&cid=1006977149953

If this link doesn't work go to http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/ choose "Staying in the UK" and then the link at the bottom "UK Visa".

On a practical note, it is very difficult to obtain a tourist visa at the moment for Egyptian men given the international political issues. Unless they are convinced that he will really only go there for holiday (not to work) they won't give him a visa and having a visa denied might influence their decision in the future (deny another application).

I don't know how much your boyfriend earns in Sharm but if he is in the tourism industry maybe £30 to £60/month. I am not sure they will think the salary is high enough to make him come back to Egypt.

Some touristic agencies organise tourist visits in group to the UK (they organise flight and hotel) and it might increase the chances of him obtaining the visa, in which case you have to pay the agency for the whole package; £2,000 for 2 weeks is therefore not unlikely. But again there is no guarantee that the agency will obtain the visa although, in this case they usually pay someone to get the visa.

I got in touch with some agencies but it was expensive and rather complicated. From what I have read in other threads it might be easier to obtain the visa for another European country.

I am not sure this helps but it gives you a starting point. I am still looking at ways to get my boyfriend to come over for a holiday and if I find anything I can let you know. YOu can email me at chrysegypt@yahoo.co.uk.

Good luck

Posts: 121 | From: lomdon | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chrys
Member # 2872

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for chrys     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Thomas

Yes I am in the UK. Same situation as yours. One possible solution for your boyfriend is if he knows someone in Egypt who has a good social situation (good job, money etc) and they request the visa at the same time and they travel together; this might give more weight to his application. Or borrow money to show that he has a lot on his bank account. Email me at chrysegypt@yahoo.co.uk if you want to talk about it in more details.

Posts: 18 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noor-77X
Member # 3199

Rate Member
Hi my all dear friends:
HOW CAN I SAY IN ARABIC LANGUAGE:
Good night-a kiss..?
thank you in advance.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com