EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Pictures from your Native Country

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pictures from your Native Country
Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi dear ES members,

We have such an "internation group" here, it would be very interesting to see you post some of your favorite pictures of your country, city. These dont have to be actual photos you took, they can be just photos of special places from your country/city that you find online. And for those who want to take it further, why not include some pictures of places you have traveled to.

Take care all
Laura

Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aaliyah
Member # 2861

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aaliyah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a good idea, Laura!
I'm looking forward to see many beautiful pictures here. I love to visit new places even if I can visit them only virtually.

Dobó Square, in Eger, Hungary
This is not in my home city but in the city where I lived during my college years. It is a lovely historical town and I'm still missing it.

Posts: 164 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I passed through these beautiful cities many times. I was lucky. I appreciate the culture, the history, the hospitality and the generosity of the people of Alexandria, Marrakesh, and Amman. Paris, is another story, it's simply a magical city! If you get the opportunity to visit them, don't miss it.

Alexandria, Egypt Montazah Palace

Marrakesh, en calèche, Morocco

Paris, France, Jardin du Luxembourg

Amman, Jordan

quote:
Originally posted by Laura:
Hi dear ES members,

We have such an "internation group" here, it would be very interesting to see you post some of your favorite pictures of your country, city. These dont have to be actual photos you took, they can be just photos of special places from your country/city that you find online. And for those who want to take it further, why not include some pictures of places you have traveled to.

Take care all
Laura

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 11 December 2003).]

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for msjen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Laura and all

i have been meaning to post here since you started this thread this was a brilliant idea!

Please see below a picture of the Royal Observatory in Greenwich, London, UK. I used to live 5 minutes walk away ... great views over London and a great park to go for walks, play foorball, have picnicks, etc, ...

I have cut and pasted the information a website provides below.

Seriously, if anyone goes to London, don't miss Greenwich on a Sunday (when there is a junk market)... the place is full of MONUMENTS (not only buildings) and just near the river Themse with lots of things to do.

And if you make it to the pub Admiral Hardy, try the fish soup, it's the best i ever had!

And here's the text from thet website:

The Royal Observatory was founded on the 22nd June 1675, by the first Astronomer Royal, John Flamsteed. In 1884, the Greenwich meridian was chosen to act as the Prime Meridian of the world, marking 0°, with the meridian line running right through the site of Flamsteed's observatory.

The panorama from the top of the hill upon which the Royal Observatory stands. To the left, you can see the Observatory buildings, and to the right, you can see the Millennium Dome. In the centre, you can see the Royal Maritime Museum, and beyond it, the skyscrapers of Docklands.

Enjoy!
msjen

[This message has been edited by msjen (edited 10 December 2003).]

Posts: 661 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I grew up in Madison Wisconsin and each year we made out weekly summer visit to the Wisconsin Dells. Its a beautiful are with much Native American Indian influence and the Wisconsin River winding through the city. The boat ride was always amazing, because of the stunning rock formations and cliffs. Its very much a resort touristy area but was always so much fun. Oh and watching the Tommy Bartlett Water Ski show was also one of the highlights.
Laura

Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aaliyah
Member # 2861

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aaliyah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was such a good topic, don't let it sink...
Posts: 164 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keino
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice picture guys.... how do you post pics? I have some beautiful picture of my country The Bahamas to post...

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Keino,

What we all did here, is :'right clicked' on pictures taken from the internet, then clicked on 'properties' then, copied the URL. When including the URL in your post for ES, start it with [IMG] and end it with [/IMG]

As per posting your OWN pictures, make a search on ES for: 'picture thread' and you will get all the details, of the much longer procedure.

Cheers!
Monica

quote:
Originally posted by Keino:
Nice picture guys.... how do you post pics? I have some beautiful picture of my country The Bahamas to post...

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keino
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Monica:
Hi Keino,

What we all did here, is :'right clicked' on pictures taken from the internet, then clicked on 'properties' then, copied the URL. When including the URL in your post for ES, start it with [IMG] and end it with [/IMG]

As per posting your OWN pictures, make a search on ES for: 'picture thread' and you will get all the details, of the much longer procedure.

Cheers!
Monica

Thank you very much

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com