EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Something new? Our version of a Classic Egyptian Movie?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Something new? Our version of a Classic Egyptian Movie?
Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all and yes am back!

I have been doing much catching up on the posts here, and got an idea from something Monica said and also from one of her emails.

She said we should start a new topic and from one of her emails she was talking about Egyptian films.

Ok, here is my suggestion for a new thread.

What if all of us (in a joint venture) created a cast of characters, settings, plot and even some dialogue for our own version of a Classic Egyptian Movie. We can toss around ideas, characters, plot, etc and see where it goes.

Anyone game for this?

Hey who knows, we may come up with something great and share in the wealth...hahaha

Laura

Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for msjen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm game for almost anything so count me in!
Posts: 661 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Laura, welcome back!!!

Surely, there's potential, and I'm game and it's an exciting, fun and creative idea, no doubt. Especially if it's a joint venture including Egyptians, and non-Egyptians that have Egyptian knowledge through visits, living there, or through their Egyptian friends.

I really wish that ES' readers anonymous would come out of their shadow...and bring their bouquet of ideas, I feel their presence. This could turn out into a fabulous collective work of art he he he...

Actually, at this particular moment as we speak, there are very positive changes emerging from the Egyptian movie industry.

If you, or anyone around happen to know a film director/producer, why not??!

To be continued....

quote:
Originally posted by Laura:
Hi all and yes am back!

I have been doing much catching up on the posts here, and got an idea from something Monica said and also from one of her emails.

She said we should start a new topic and from one of her emails she was talking about Egyptian films.

Ok, here is my suggestion for a new thread.

What if all of us (in a joint venture) created a cast of characters, settings, plot and even some dialogue for our own version of a Classic Egyptian Movie. We can toss around ideas, characters, plot, etc and see where it goes.

Anyone game for this?

Hey who knows, we may come up with something great and share in the wealth...hahaha

Laura

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 11 December 2003).]

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for msjen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Monica:
Laura, welcome back!!!

Surely, I'm game and it's a fun and creative idea no doubt.

I really wish that ES' readers anonymous would come out of their shadow...and bring their creative ideas, I feel their presence. This could turn out into a fabulous collective work of art he he he...

Actually at this particular moment as we speak, there are very positive changes emerging from the Egyptian movie industry.

If you, or anyone around happen to know a film director/producer, why not??!

To be continued....

well, my stunning brother is a cutter ...

Posts: 661 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey msjen you're too quick, I just added a sentence or two...please rewind and recycle Thanks...
What's a cutter?

quote:
Originally posted by msjen:
well, my stunning brother is a cutter ...

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Monica:
Hey msjen you're too quick, I just added a sentence or two...please rewind and recycle Thanks...
What's a cutter?

JAWOHL, quick, hehe

i think the english word is an 'editor'.
in the beginnings of making a film there are only camera recordings of courses of actions that do not convey any context. this is the raw material.

editors put (or cut) together the raw material in order to make it a coherent film - or else it would simply be a load of scenes added to one another. the cutter can also place more importance/emphasis on certain aspects of the film and the way scenes afffect the audience (spooky, cheerfulf, inferior, frightening, etc)

unfortunately i am lacking some english vocabulary here ...

anyway, essential to making a film!!!

so we'd better get him on board (although if i tell him that we require his services on a messaging board he will laugh at me for at least a month consecutively ... hehe ... but not to worry i have bought him into so many things already, this will be a piece of cake!!)

optimistic jen x

Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well dont you think first we have to come up with a story line? Romance for sure has to be part of it

Actually there is a movie producer in my husbands family but I wasnt thinking so much of making this a "real" thing, but just a fun project to keep the "creative juices" flowing...

But if MsJen wants to bring her brother on board and do some "cutting" hehe..sure why not..

Laura

Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Laura,

I'm thinking....back soon with magical ideas!

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 14 December 2003).]

Aaliyah
Member # 2861

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aaliyah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey, I want a pic like this too!!!

Posts: 164 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aaliyah
Member # 2861

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aaliyah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 164 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adoula
Member # 2346

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Adoula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Laura,
I liked this topic.
As you can see there's been a big changes around here. There's a new story kicking off (which is actually a chapter of a much much larger story).

Let us name it: The Train Journey

The story about a man I have met in the train station, he was walking quickly as we all walk in this life.

Where to? I asked
'To hell and back' he replied

He is a common man. Once, somewhere in this life, he thought he had found something special that would make his life special.

But he forgot the rule - a common man lives a common life.

And I never met him again.

------------------
Regards
adoula777@yahoo.com

Posts: 544 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egy_prince
Member # 2853

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for egy_prince     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think u need a hero for this story and ,of course, I don't mind being the hero . how nice to be the hero of a film. (In classical egyptian movies, the hero just kisses the heroine and when it comes to a battle or boxing, another man receives the boxing kisses )
Posts: 471 | From: egypt | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for msjen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by egy_prince:
I think u need a hero for this story and ,of course, I don't mind being the hero . how nice to be the hero of a film. (In classical egyptian movies, the hero just kisses the heroine and when it comes to a battle or boxing, another man receives the boxing kisses )

oh thank you kindly egy_prince, we've all been waiting for a hero to volunteer! please tell us, what exactly will you do to become our hero?

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
quote:
But if MsJen wants to bring her brother on board and do some "cutting" hehe..sure why not..

jawohl, cutting ... hehe
a cutter is an integral part of any movie!

re the story line, ... waiting for egy_prince to tell us his story

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Adoula:
Let us name it: The Train Journey

The story about a man I have met in the train station, he was walking quickly as we all walk in this life.

Where to? I asked
'To hell and back' he replied

He is a common man. Once, somewhere in this life, he thought he had found something special that would make his life special.

But he forgot the rule - a common man lives a common life.

And I never met him again.

you sure it wasn't egy_prince?

egy_prince
Member # 2853

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egy_prince     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Msjen,
You want me to be the author of the film, don't u know how tiring the effort the hero makes is. anyway her's one of the stories I can suggest>
Ayoung Egyptian man met a foreign girl in Sharm (or any other place in Egypt). They made a relation. and she left after 2 weeks, kept in touch for some time then stopped.
After 20 years this man met another girl in sharm
they became good friends, everyone of them told the other about his life,he had some doubt about something after hearing her story which became sure of it when the girl introduced him 2 her mother..what a surprise >
THE GIRL IS HIS DAUGHTER.

[This message has been edited by egy_prince (edited 15 December 2003).]

Posts: 471 | From: egypt | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
quote:
Msjen,
You want me to be the author of the film, don't u know how tiring the effort the hero makes is. anyway her's one of the stories I can suggest>
Ayoung Egyptian man met a foreign girl in Sharm (or any other place in Egypt). They made a relation. and she left after 2 weeks, kept in touch for some time then stopped.
After 20 years this man met another girl in sharm
they became good friends, everyone of them told the other about his life,he had some doubt about something after hearing her story which became sure of it when the girl introduced him 2 her mother..what a surprise >
THE GIRL IS HIS DAUGHTER.

[This message has been edited by egy_prince (edited 15 December 2003).]

oh, just saw your reply, well, excellent, but we need to write some more details!

can i be a shop assistant who owns a pharmacy that overlooks the whole of Sharm? by co-incidence, i happen to know the first lady whom the man met, she is a good friend of mine.

and egy_prince, i think we've got your role sorted already.

Any more volunteers?

fantachero
Member # 2707

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for fantachero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all,

Laura, that's really a cute topic and I love that. Unfortunately I could just read it. I want to be a part if not the all characters are choosen

What about a love story between rich girl and a poor boy(a famous food of soap opera's)We can add as much characters as we want ... as bad rich boy,spoiled friends, bad mother,good mother etc

Posts: 117 | From: istanbul, turkey | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey fanta, always nice to see your posts.

Laura, I have a great story line for you..

BUT,

I will email it to you first, then you can decide if you want it on this thread later...

Secretive Monica

quote:
Originally posted by fantachero:
Hi all,

Laura, that's really a cute topic and I love that. Unfortunately I could just read it. I want to be a part if not the all characters are choosen

What about a love story between rich girl and a poor boy(a famous food of soap opera's)We can add as much characters as we want ... as bad rich boy,spoiled friends, bad mother,good mother etc

Laura
Member # 879

Hey! It looks like we are getting some good ideas here...YaaaaaaY!! I always wanted to play the part of that boss lady...whats the arabic word...Ma alema? hahahaha..

Monica, have guests for couple more days and they seem to be "tied to the pc" with the hubby for business and pleasure so I hardly get a chance to use it ..eeeeks! Will work on that "problem letter soon Insha'allah for you.

Cant wait to see your new story line...hmmm you have me very curious!

Ok want to post one more new topic and then have to surrender the pc again to the MEN! UGGGGGGGGG!! haha...I am starting to see some benefits to these "part time husbands! hehe...

Adoula, MsJen, Egy Prince, Fantachero,Aaliyah, Monica...Thanks for all the input, you are all the greatest!!..

Nefertitiiiiiiiiiiiii,,,yalla,,,welcome back and lets see some of your humorous creativity too and any others who want to get involved.

Laura

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
c'mon Monica
post it here and let the folk decide, hehe!!!

jen x

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by fantachero:
Hi all,

hey fanta

there are MANY MANY more characters up for grabs, just invent who you want to be and .... taraaaa, here she comes

egy_prince
Member # 2853

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egy_prince     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[This message has been edited by egy_prince (edited 21 December 2003).]

egy_prince
Member # 2853

Rate Member
quote:
Hey! It looks like we are getting some good ideas here...YaaaaaaY!! I always wanted to play the part of that boss lady...whats the arabic word...Ma alema? hahahaha..

Monica, have guests for couple more days and they seem to be "tied to the pc" with the hubby for business and pleasure so I hardly get a chance to use it ..eeeeks! Will work on that "problem letter soon Insha'allah for you.

Cant wait to see your new story line...hmmm you have me very curious!

Ok want to post one more new topic and then have to surrender the pc again to the MEN! UGGGGGGGGG!! haha...I am starting to see some benefits to these "part time husbands! hehe...

Adoula, MsJen, Egy Prince, Fantachero,Aaliyah, Monica...Thanks for all the input, you are all the greatest!!..

Nefertitiiiiiiiiiiiii,,,yalla,,,welcome back and lets see some of your humorous creativity too and any others who want to get involved.

Laura

Laura, you are the director of the film and your encouragement is highly appreciated

Msjen, there are lots of pharmacies in sharm , let u be the flower seller from which the hero bought a red Egyptian rose as a gift to the heroine. This flower will be the secret which will be revealed at the end as it will let them know each other as the heroine will keep it in a book all these years.

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
quote:
Laura, you are the director of the film and your encouragement is highly appreciated

Msjen, there are lots of pharmacies in sharm , let u be the flower seller from which the hero bought a red Egyptian rose as a gift to the heroine. This flower will be the secret which will be revealed at the end as it will let them know each other as the heroine will keep it in a book all these years.

don't wont to sell flowers, i'm overqualified for that. can i be something else please?

grumpy jen

egy_prince
Member # 2853

Rate Member
quote:
don't wont to sell flowers, i'm overqualified for that. can i be something else please?

grumpy jen

O.K relax
What about the role of a beautiful lady whom I met before in Cairo near the pyramids, had some talk together and met in sharm by chance

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
quote:
O.K relax
What about the role of a beautiful lady whom I met before in Cairo near the pyramids, had some talk together and met in sharm by chance

sounds more like me

ok egy_prince, it looks like you and i are the only ones to continue this thread.

shall we start with the story-line? then the others can join in and invent themselves ...

what do you think?

Shareen
Member # 989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shareen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can I be the wicked step mother? That sure sounds like me !
Posts: 1196 | From: www.spiritofthenile.com | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egy_prince
Member # 2853

Rate Member
msjen,

What about the play back technique? I think this is the best way for our story. I mean the film begins with the scene of meeting between father and girl who is his daughter but he still doesn't know this fact.

Shareen, u can play the role of the step-mother, but she is not wicked , she is the one who knows nothing about the story of her husband, and thinks he never knew any woman except her

The wicked one will be the step-father of the girl who agreed with his wife to convince the girl that she is his daughter, and he always mistreats her because she is not his daughter, this will lead her to hate him

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
Shareen I think you should be who ever you want to be in our movie! if you want to be a wicked step-mother, then i think that's great ... hokuspokus ... now you are!

egy_prince, now we neeed to add the juicy bits to the story:

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, here comes the official start to the story .....

... once upon a time ...

... a beautiful woman (that's me, hehe) visits Cairo for the first time in her life. I'm there with my wicked step-mother who is dragging me around to see all the sites although i just want to hang out in a cafe and smoke shesha ... one of these sites are some pyramids and this wicked lady (my step-mother) makes me wonder through them in the scorching heat at noon!

as a result, i get very upset and do the disappearing act to have a cigarette behind the pyramd to get away from this horrible woman!

.... to be continued ...

egy_prince
Member # 2853

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for egy_prince     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While u r walking and looking behind at her not to be seen by her and while u turn ur direction forward u clash with an Egyptian man (me of course) who is walking but his mind is absent thinking in a family problem. Both of us attract the attention of the other, a deep silent look in the eyes, then both speak at the same moment, here begin to be introduced to each others,

Need Msjen's approaval to be continued

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member

... then msjen says: "can't you look where you set your feet? i nearly fell over you!"

egy_prince
Member # 2853

Rate Member
My reply will be at the same time

" Can't u look where u set ur feet? U nearly fell over me"

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
that's funny, i'm gobsmacked (speechless), and really don't know what to say (that doesn't happen very often, by the way). therefore:

silence on my behalf and fishing for my cigarettes ...

egy_prince
Member # 2853

Rate Member
Then some talk, and find out that we r going to sharm at the same time, u for a holiday and me for work as i'm a journalist and there's an important international conference in sharm..then agree 2 meet there...and say bye bye...u back to ur wicked step mother and me back to my depressing wife ...

TO THE NEXT SCENE :

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
quote:
Then some talk, and find out that we r going to sharm at the same time, u for a holiday and me for work as i'm a journalist and there's an important international conference in sharm..then agree 2 meet there...and say bye bye...u back to ur wicked step mother and me back to my depressing wife ...

TO THE NEXT SCENE :

egy_prince, wouldn't it be more egyptian to leave this meeting to fate? wouldn't that be more meaningful?

egy_prince
Member # 2853

Rate Member
quote:
egy_prince, wouldn't it be more egyptian to leave this meeting to fate? wouldn't that be more meaningful?

I think u r righr about this point

THE SECOND SCENE...
I'm at home and wife tells me that she wants to travel with me to sharm because she thinks that I have alot of relations and will meet women there..then a quarrel between us, ends by my leaving the house

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com