EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Cinemas showing western films in Cairo

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cinemas showing western films in Cairo
coolyindifferent
Member # 3196

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for coolyindifferent     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey people, HELP! does anyone know any cinemas showing western films in cairo?? If o please holla at me! thanx
Posts: 28 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CID.... of course there are lots of theatres showing western (English language) movies. There are two or more malls in Nasr City that have many theatres inside. One is Wonderland Mall, another is Genina Mall. Each of them must have at least 6 theatres. Then the Ramses Hilton mall (across the street from the Ramses Hilton has two theatres in it, the Cairo Sheraton has a theatre that shows western movies, and sometimes the theatre at the Tiba Mall shows western movies. I'm sure there are more, but that is what I can think of off the top of my head. There is the web site...something like www.yallibina.com (try that and see if it works) that gives you a list of all the "happening" things going on in Cairo, including movies, etc.

The hardest part is trying to find out when a movie starts if you don't speak Arabic well. Although I'm not sure if I spoke Arabic well, that I'd ever get a real answer on that subject either. FYI, they usually start showing the matinees around 3 pm, and then they follow on a schedule that will reflect the length of the movie. Good luck figuring this out.

Don't bother with that link.... that must not be how you spell it.... it takes you no where....but someone here will have the correct name, I would think. Or go to google and ask for movies in Cairo... or something.

[This message has been edited by Debbie (edited 23 December 2003).]

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habibi
Member # 232

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habibi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the correct link is:
www.yallabina.com

Posts: 78 | From: Switzerland, Thusis | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Asoola
Member # 3192

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Asoola     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The weekly Cairo Times magazine contains cinema listings and movie show times. If you're a Mobinil subscriber and speak Arabic, you can dial 3456 (spells "film") and hear movie information.

The cinema I like to go to is the Galaxia on the corniche in Manial. It's pretty new, clean, has 6 screens and usually shows at least 2 english language movies. One time I was there and 5 of the 6 were english language!

Posts: 22 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Asoola:
The weekly Cairo Times magazine contains cinema listings and movie show times.

Is it even close to being accurate regarding show times?

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Asoola
Member # 3192

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Asoola     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never experienced a problem with their schedules!
Posts: 22 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coolyindifferent
Member # 3196

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for coolyindifferent     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
can u advise on getting married in egypt or arrange it?

am not british or egyptian but my fiancee is. pls gt back soon

quote:
Originally posted by Debbie:
Is it even close to being accurate regarding show times?

Posts: 28 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by coolyindifferent:
can u advise on getting married in egypt or arrange it?

am not british or egyptian but my fiancee is. pls gt back soon

What, may I ask, does this have to do with movie show times?

And CID... if your fiance is Egyptian, I bet she knows ALL about getting married in Egypt. Why not ask her? Or did you mean she is British?

[This message has been edited by Debbie (edited 07 January 2004).]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com