EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » two ways?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: two ways?
joylike
Member # 3363

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for joylike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I plan to marry with Egyptian man in my country.It seems that there are two way.One is civil ceremoney according to my country's law and another is under Egypt law in Egypt Embassy.Who can give me good sugestion which one is better for me?
Posts: 34 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Egyptian Embassy marriage means that you are legally married in Egypt, and under the Egyptian law, while there. And by the way, if you marry in the Egyptian Embassy, it is recognised anywhere in the world - When applying for immigration to a particular country, it is usually required that the Egyptian marriage certificate is translated, and stamped by the Embassy of such country, in EGYPT.

Checking with the Egyptian Embassy about your rights as an Egyptian wife, could also be of importance, to say the least.

A lot of people I know married both ways: in the E.E and in the City hall of their country of residence. It is mostly essential for future issues regarding inheritance, by the way.

The wedding reception following those steps is when the party starts of course, but marrying in the E.E and C.H is usually a quick legal step. Check the legal intricacies though as I suggested above.

All my best wishes to you!
Monica
'Go with the flow in 2004'

quote:
Originally posted by joylike:
I plan to marry with Egyptian man in my country.It seems that there are two way.One is civil ceremoney according to my country's law and another is under Egypt law in Egypt Embassy.Who can give me good sugestion which one is better for me?

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com