EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » A Bank

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A Bank
ehostetler
Member # 2548

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for ehostetler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone have any suggestions about which bank to use? As an American coming over there I am interested in American banks but really anything reliable and safe is accecptable. I will need to be able to deposit money into an account that will be accessed in the states. Thanks for your help...
Posts: 23 | From: Pittsburg, CA USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
there's no way to open an egyptian account and access it in the US. you can open an international account with an international bank in the US - they have special expat accounts - but I think you need to place btw 5-10,000 USD to open such an account.

alternatively, you can simply open a foreign currency account - savings - in a bank like EAB in Egypt and wire the money to your account in the states. it takes about 24 hrs for the transfer and costs around $30. If you're talking about personal use (thousands of dollars) as opposed to bsn use (tens of thousands) this is your easiest option.

you'll need an address and a passport to open an account in Egypt (but you don't need to show proof of residency/your rent lease)

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com