EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Akenathon - Good or Bad Pharaoh?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Akenathon - Good or Bad Pharaoh?
Lori
Member # 2390

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Lori     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After reading "The Egyptian" by Mika Waltari and viewing a series on Discovery Channel on Tutankhamun, I understood Akhenaton was hated by Egyptians for trying to replace gods and undermine the power of the priests. But was that a bad thing?

How is he viewed today by historians and especially by Egyptians?

------------------
In Love With Egypt

Posts: 251 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Lori,

I can suggest, the following book:

'Eternel Egypt: Pharoahs, Caesars, Caliphs & Sultans', by Max Rodenbeck and 4 other writers. (2002 edition)

Also, you may find replies to your questions if your topic is transferred to the Ancient Egypt forum on ES. Ausar would certainly reply!

Best regards,

Monica

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lori
Member # 2390

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lori     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Monica:
Hi Lori,

I can suggest, the following book:

'Eternel Egypt: Pharoahs, Caesars, Caliphs & Sultans', by Max Rodenbeck and 4 other writers. (2002 edition)

Also, you may find replies to your questions if your topic is transferred to the Ancient Egypt forum on ES. Ausar would certainly reply!

Best regards,

Monica

Thanks Monica! How do I get the topic transferred?

Anyway I do not want to read another book, I want real replies of LIVING people

Cheers,
Lori

------------------
In Love With Egypt

Posts: 251 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lori...

Open a thread with your same topic, on the Ancient Egypt forum, or write a message to ausar and he will transfer it!

Hope you get interesting answers, ausar, as well as Dr. Al Saadawi, are usually very eloquent regarding the subject matter!

Take care,

Monica

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 16 January 2004).]

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lori
Member # 2390

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lori     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Monica, thanks a LOT I transferred the topic and now I have some knowledgeable answers.

I think I will stay more in Ancient Egypt there are nice people writing there

Lori

------------------
In Love With Egypt

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lori!

I'm happy you did. One thing for sure, some of the members that post on the Ancient Egypt forum, REALLY know what they're talking about. Some debates are a bit lengthy, but they are focused on the subject matter, and that reflects their passion towards Egypt.

I also find that ausar is very dedicated, you will notice a very thorough research in his posts, and a lot of tolerance and patience too.

When you have a chance, check Al Saadawi's website. He was actually invited on that forum by ausar.
http://alsaadawi.exeedia.com

Interesting and enriching info, friend!

Enjoy!
Monica

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 20 January 2004).]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com