EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Please be careful

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Please be careful
ash0124008343
Member # 2070

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ash0124008343     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Please Be Extremely Careful Especially if using Internet mail such as
Yahoo, Hotmail and so on. This information arrived this morning from
Microsoft and Norton.

Please send it to everybody you know who accesses the Internet. You may
receive an apparently harmless email with a Power Point presentation "Life
is beautiful. pps". If you receive it DO NOT OPEN THE FILE UNDER ANY
CIRCUMSTANCES, and delete it immediately.

If you open this file, a message will appear on your screen saying: "It is
too late now, your life is no longer beautiful", subsequently you will
LOSE
EVERYTHING IN YOUR PC and the person who sent it to you will gain access to
your name, e-mail and password.

This is a new virus which started to circulate on Saturday afternoon. WE
NEED TO DO EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO STOP THIS VIRUS . AOL has already
confirmed the severity, and the antivirus Softs are not capable of
destroying it. The virus has been created by a hacker who calls himself
"life owner". PLEASE MAKE A COPY OF THIS E-MAIL TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS. PASS
IT ON .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posts: 80 | From: cairo,egypt | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artemi
Member # 3176

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Artemi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the warning Ash!
Posts: 103 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please before you pass on any of these messages, check to see whether it is a valid warning first. You can do this through many different links, the one I used for this message was: http://securityresponse.symantec.com/

and it sent me to this page: http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/life.is.beautiful.hoax.html

where I was informed that:

Life is beautiful Hoax
Reported on: January 15, 2002
Last Updated on: September 17, 2002 08:18:39 PM

Symantec Security Response encourages you to ignore any messages regarding this hoax. It is harmless and is intended only to cause unwarranted concern.

(You can read the rest of the details from the link if you would like to.)

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karinfarid
Member # 3352

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karinfarid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
even if it was a real virus, the danger lies in the e-mail addresses that are not yahoo, hotmail etc. because those have automatically Anti-virus screening for all the attachements.

But there is another virus on the run, which is called bagle.A, this is a real one and comes with subject "hi", text: "test,yep". If the attachement is opened, the virus places a trojan on the computer, which allows attackers to access this pc. I got it already a few days ago, so take care.

Posts: 295 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here are the details for the latest virus:
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20040119/tc_nm/tech_internet_virus_dc_4

Many thanks to ash, newcomer and karin.

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bulldog
Member # 2721

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bulldog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
when ever I get an e-mail & I have never heard of before & it cames from an unknown souce, I always automatically delete, Especially if it has an attachment.
Posts: 176 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com