EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Buying American Furniture

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Buying American Furniture
karim
Member # 3077

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am intrested in buying American furniture like Sofas, have seen some shops in Naser City like at Tarek Trade not bad but I am still looking, so does anyone knows a good shop which is not expesive, most important thing is to be comfortable, and I am also looking for lazyboy but they are $$ from 4000-10000, and that's to much. While I was reading a magzine have seen 2 shops called Aryaf and Zaz... and they sell Arabic, or Indian style of furniture. I know they are in Maadi but where and are they any good, and are they $$ because they are in Maadi !!!
Posts: 1226 | From: Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is no such thing as true "American furniture" in Egypt that isn't expensive. You've heard of Import Taxes? That is why it is expensive. There are some shops that import American furniture, but it WILL be expensive and there isn't much you can do about that.

Maybe if you live in Maadi you might on a rare chance see a yard sale someday where some Americans want to sell some furniture that they brought over from the states, but that would be rare.

Now if what you only need is "comfortable", American style furniture, there are several shops in the Arcadia mall making couches and chairs that are like American furniture and are comfortable, and economical. They make it for you so you can pick your upholstery and customize the furniture a bit to suit you.

I've not seen an Egyptian made recliner yet. If you find that, let us know where you found that.

Good luck.

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com