EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » feasibility st: pursuing single girl lifestyle in Cairo

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: feasibility st: pursuing single girl lifestyle in Cairo
bebano
Member # 3455

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for bebano     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

re: a forigner, single woman

pardon my ignorance, but i've heard it wouldn't be an overly easy way (wanna keep a "low profile") of mergining into local community by pursuing a "european" lifestyle of a (single) girl living on her own.

in other words, i would be happy to hear and learn from someone (a woman/girl), also a foreigner (maybe not?), what to take into account-with this objective being set-prior to moving to cairo.

again, pardon my ignorance....

thanks!

Posts: 5 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Undead
Member # 3380

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Undead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are plenty of European single women living in Cairo. Just choose the right neighborhood and be a bit more careful than you would in Europe about dressing and being alone with men (different things constitute flirting or amorous signals in Egypt.) Most people will recognize you as European and not expect you to be an Egyptian.
Posts: 238 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bebano
Member # 3455

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bebano     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks undead.

would you mind going more specific like what are "targeted" neighborhoods, and what are the main obstacles to living as single in cairo vs. in Europe? what strikes you the most?

as for men, I wouldn't worry about it now(have spent 4 weeks in cairo thus far-seldomly- and pretty much get to understand they are contradictory as to their a.m. vs. p.m. thinking & behaving
This again is a "sample" of some men, same age group i got to be introduced to....

so, i was more interesting in what are more LOOSE areas to live in where "curfew" is not necessarily applied, and where people tend to "mind their business"....

would you know it? thanks.

Posts: 5 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoBBoSS
Member # 3456

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for BoBBoSS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if u r asking about a nice location , where u can find all u want to apply with no one being intrested in what u r doing , then i recommend only one place: MAADI

------------------
BoBBoSS

Posts: 249 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com