EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Moving to Alexandria

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Moving to Alexandria
expatriate
Member # 3470

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for expatriate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I just wonder if anyone can help me to get some information about Alexandria. My husband and I and two kids are planning to move to live in Alexandria and we are wondering which places are good for renting and how much would cost us more or less? how much is the standard of living and any good schools around and places to go with children (7yrs and 4 yrs).
Many thanks

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AMR the great
Member # 3076

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for AMR the great   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are welcome to ask, I can help you.
Tell me what you want and I will tell you where to find it and the prices also.
Also, your nationality [European or Arabian…….] gives more help.
Sorry, but I can’t describe every thing for you without knowing what is your demand exactly.
My e-mail at my profile.

Posts: 97 | From: Alexandria, Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
expatriate
Member # 3470

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for expatriate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for your reply AMR. I am european and my husband is egyptian but haven't lived in Egypt for 20 years. My children don't speak arabic and I don't either. We are looking for english schools to enrol our kids for secondary education and I have been told that Roushdi is the area were more europeans live. My husband will be very familiar with everything after getting used to a new life there but for me I would love to meet europeans living in there with families also. I feel a bit nerveous about the change of life but excited at the same time. My husband is my best friend and I know he will be helping me to adjust every step of the way but I just think I would need to have some sort of circle of friends in my situation. Oppps!! I just left myself go. Sorry. It would be very helpful if you could tell me how much a year will cost schools and renting a flat or a villa in Alexandria. Appreciate your time.
Posts: 2 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AMR the great
Member # 3076

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AMR the great   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For secondary education try IGCSE schools{all study in English} it is for 1500$ yearly, or try the normal language schools for 250$ yearly {but needs conditions to enter}.
Roushdi is expensive, you can try smouha cheaper.
For a villa try places like Agami or mamoura, it is quite away from the mid town but suitable for Europeans.

Posts: 97 | From: Alexandria, Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeavingKSA
Member # 3498

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeavingKSA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Amr,

I'm also about to move to Alex. I've been working in Saudi for the last few years but now plan to spend the next year in Alex...you mentioned villas in areas like Agami but how much would the rent be for a villa in those areas? I have my wife and 5 small kids so would like something nice...but my budget is limited.

Please advise me..I did see a web site that you posted but the prices seemed really expensive. I was thinking of perhaps 3000EGP per month but maybe that's just not enough?

Many thanks

Posts: 10 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
agamy is something comparable to the south of france. everyone from cairo swarms it in the summer and it's overcrowded. for the rest of the year, it's completely dead, with many of the shops/restaurants closed for the season (until the next summer). the infrastructure of some parts of agamy is quite bad and you may hear stories of sewer water "lakes" made of streets due to bad drainage/burst pipe.

you might find a villa there off season that's cheap, but I don't think you'll want to live there off season.

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com