EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Egypt Economic Data?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Egypt Economic Data?
Undead
Member # 3380

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Undead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am having difficulty finding Egyptian economic data such as median net worth, median income, and median worth and income of the wealthiest 20% of the population. Also I am looking for the average household savings. I realize that this type of information is not readily available in developing countries because the lack of reporting and cooperation, but any help or even general opinions (meaning your perceptions on what the middle classes and wealthiest 20% earn) would help me. Thanks!

[This message has been edited by Undead (edited 27 January 2004).]

Posts: 238 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Working on an International Human Resources Salary Grid these days, and having same problems re the ME.

Try this: http://www.economist.com/countries/Egypt/

quote:
Originally posted by Undead:
I am having difficulty finding Egyptian economic data such as median net worth, median income, and median worth and income of the wealthiest 20% of the population. Also I am looking for the average household savings. I realize that this type of information is not readily available in developing countries because the lack of reporting and cooperation, but any help or even general opinions (meaning your perceptions on what the middle classes and wealthiest 20% earn) would help me. Thanks!

[This message has been edited by Undead (edited 27 January 2004).]

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Undead
Member # 3380

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Undead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you, Monica. Do you have any findings that aren't necessarily official numbers regarding what the middle classes and wealthiest 20% earn? Perhaps some friends or colleagues have informed you on their own incomes? Thanks again.
Posts: 238 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back to you as soon as I get my own results. Could take a day or two. Post an email address, and I'll send you what I'll get directly.

quote:
Originally posted by Undead:
Thank you, Monica. Do you have any findings that aren't necessarily official numbers regarding what the middle classes and wealthiest 20% earn? Perhaps some friends or colleagues have informed you on their own incomes? Thanks again.

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adoula
Member # 2346

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Adoula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Monica,
Try this: http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/eg.html

------------------
Regards
adoula777@yahoo.com

Posts: 544 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks so much Adoula, I'll check it out, but I still need some 'real' data in regards with salaries in Egypt, to complete my report.

quote:
Originally posted by Adoula:
Monica,
Try this: http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/eg.html

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok I checked the site Adoula, and found some relevant info.
Thanks again friend!

Mooly El Din
Member # 1987

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mooly El Din     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here are some tips that might be of help

GNI national report, atlas method and PPP

Cairo Demographic center , some interesting published papers

Egypt integrated household survey , (EIHS)

Good luck
Molly

Posts: 289 | From: Europe | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com