EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » The SuperBowl

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The SuperBowl
ehostetler
Member # 2548

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ehostetler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know what channel the American Football "Super Bowl" will be on? I've been here a week and can't seem to find any info..

Thanks
erik

Posts: 23 | From: Pittsburg, CA USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Erik.... you ARE new, aren't you? LOL I would love to tease you and with a straight face tell you it will be on Channel 2, but I can't.

Your ONLY chance of seeing the Super Bowl is to make buddies with someone that has Maadi House membership, or an AFN decoder box for their TV.

Remember, it will start at like 1 a.m. and NOT have any commercials... Which in my opinion is the best part of Superbowl any more.

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ehostetler
Member # 2548

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ehostetler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The worst part is I am in advertising so I am having my family record the commercails and send them to me on DVD...Do you think any of the Hotels will have it in their rooms? I'm even willing to get a hotel room for the night...I havn't missed the Superbowl in 20 years.
Posts: 23 | From: Pittsburg, CA USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry Erik, give it up. We've all been looking for it for years too, but the cold hard truth is you ain't in Kansas anymore. Even the Marriott (the most American hotel in Cairo) doesn't have it, and NO ONE else cares about American football in the rest of the world, basically.

Like I said before, go make friends with Military guys and maybe you'll get lucky. Hang out around the American Embassy at quiting time and maybe you can pick up a sailor that will be happy to share Super Bowl with you. LOL

Good luck!

P.S. You wouldn't be 2bigdogs mate would you? I'm just putting 2 and 2 together here and wondering if I'm right.

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ehostetler
Member # 2548

Rate Member
That would be me...that's my wife, she will be here around the end of february. I've been here a week and just trying to get the hang of things...I will have to listen to the game on the Internet and not be able to watch it. Oh, well. Thanks agian..
ehostetler
Member # 2548

Rate Member
I must be in Kansas!! I am in a room at the Sheraton Towers watching the SUPERBOWL! not the same exact broadcast team as in the states but GREAT anyway...
Dooha
Member # 2779

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dooha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Debbie:
Sorry Erik, give it up. We've all been looking for it for years too, but the cold hard truth is you ain't in Kansas anymore. Even the Marriott (the most American hotel in Cairo) doesn't have it, and NO ONE else cares about American football in the rest of the world, basically.

Like I said before, go make friends with Military guys and maybe you'll get lucky. Hang out around the American Embassy at quiting time and maybe you can pick up a sailor that will be happy to share Super Bowl with you. LOL

Good luck!

P.S. You wouldn't be 2bigdogs mate would you? I'm just putting 2 and 2 together here and wondering if I'm right.

Correction..
You can see the Super Bowl every year and for free on satellite German channels broadcasting on Nile Sat !

[This message has been edited by Dooha (edited 03 February 2004).]

Posts: 6 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW! I AM AMAZED AND IMPRESSED! NEXT YEAR THE PARTY IS AT YOUR PLACE THEN! WTG ERIK!
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Correction..
You can see the Super Bowl every year and for free on satellite German channels broadcasting on Nile Sat !

Is this broadcase in German or English then? Not that it would matter much to a football fan that understands what is going on.
And Erik, did you get commercials?

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com