EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » social life

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: social life
carrie123
Member # 3502

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for carrie123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
also forgot to ask what is the social life like out there for a single 29 year old female in the expat society. is it very family orgainised. please let me know asap as i have to sign contract tomorrow!!!also any teachers... any school that are a big no no to work at !!!
Posts: 2 | From: london | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't live in Cairo but I am sure you will have a great time. Get some advice from Debbie about life out there. She has been living in cairo for years and is a single American woman

------------------
UK Co-owner of www.toursinluxor.co.uk Accommodation and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sallyally
Member # 3426

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sallyally     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Carrie123

I don't know if this is too late, but there were only a couple of schools that had a really bad reputation among English teachers a couple of years ago. But things can change so quickly in Cairo from good to bad and vice versa. I don't think that I could comment fairly on schools now. In my opinion, if the contract looks good-airfare, housing or housing allowance, fair salary (you'll have to be the judge of that), etc-I would say go for it. Worst case scenario-you hate the school, quit (thereby losing your ticket home) and are hired by another school (happened to several people I knew while I lived in Cairo). Also, there's lots of money in private English lessons if you choose to go down that road.

Like I mentioned in my reply to your other post, lots of things for a single 29 year old woman to do. Most of my friends in Cairo were single men and women between the ages of 24-35. So much fun! Something going on every night-very exhausting at times.
Really, the only reason I don't go back to Cairo is that I've committed myself to a Master's program that I'm probably never going to finish because I keep drawing little pyramids on everything I can reach with a pencil. Very immature behaviour Plus there's a little voice in my head that keeps telling me to try somewhere different. Different? Yikes!

Anyhow, keep us posted!

Posts: 86 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
STRUGGLER
Member # 3169

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for STRUGGLER     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I we have to say you're surely welcome inhere .But you shouldn't neglect the fact that good company really counts.Am Egyptian who is not into Egyptians ,least to say. U just gotta be cautios all the way.
Wishing u a better than usual year inhere.
quote:
Originally posted by carrie123:
also forgot to ask what is the social life like out there for a single 29 year old female in the expat society. is it very family orgainised. please let me know asap as i have to sign contract tomorrow!!!also any teachers... any school that are a big no no to work at !!!

Posts: 9 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Continental School in Obour. Don't go to work there!!!!!
Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jaguar
Member # 3378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jaguar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by STRUGGLER:
Am Egyptian who is not into Egyptians ,least to say.
[/B]

???

Posts: 477 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
STRUGGLER
Member # 3169

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for STRUGGLER     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what i said is meant to be truth of the matter,Mr....
Do u think anybody will give us a credit based on what we're doing nowadays!!!
u'd better be travelling to see how much people like us!!!!
have a good one.

quote:
Originally posted by Debbie:
[B ???
[/B]

Posts: 9 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com