EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Egyptian Pounds

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Egyptian Pounds
Jameelah
Member # 3518

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jameelah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm looking for a villa on the e-dar site. Can some one tell me what this quote means?
Price(LE)1200$
Does this mean 1200 Egyptian Pounds?
Thanks In advance

Posts: 10 | From: Phila,Pa U.S.A | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady_Fox
Member # 3191

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lady_Fox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Jameelah,

LE = Egyptian Pounds,
Therefore, 1200$ = 1200 Egyptian Pounds.

You are totally correct.

Fox

Posts: 47 | From: Hong Kong | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dependent upon the area, I would say it was very unlikely that you would be able to rent a villa for 1200LE...in most areas that would not even cover the rent of a simple furnished flat!
Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jameelah
Member # 3518

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jameelah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On the sie e-dar I am looking at a villa 3 bedrooms in cairo and it looks luxurious.
Posts: 10 | From: Phila,Pa U.S.A | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there no way on the E-dar site to follow up with a question to E-dar? My guess is that it is $1200/mo if it is a villa listed on E-dar, but they should be the ones to clarify it exactly.
Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the default button is probably LE (which is put in automatically by the system) so when someone types in the price, they type in 1200 and the computer displays it LE1200

that's why the $

e-dar caters to higher priced flats and 1200 is really cheap, unless it's unfurnished

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com