EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Need Help in Alex

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Need Help in Alex
karim
Member # 3077

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Hi,

I am geting married in May, so I thought better than spending the money in a big wedding, will invite my friends, family in a resturant for a nice, quite dinner and the rest of the money travel abroad in my honeymoon, so I would like to know which resturant is nice at Alex. Any ideas or what to do.

karim

Posts: 1226 | From: Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Karim..... are you Egyptian? Your idea sounds WAY too western and sensible for you to have any Egyptian blood in you. LOL

If I'm guessing right and you are engaged to an Egyptian, first thing you better do is get an ok from your fiances family. This doing things small scale and saving money for sensible things isn't common. I think more often than not the Egyptians are putting on the party to upscale the "Jones" so to speak, and that is really important here.

However, if you do get your wish, you could go all out and do it extravagantly at the Helnan Palestine Hotel in Montaza, or at the El Salamlek Palace Hotel which is associated with San Giovani, so the food should be good. That would probably be one of the nicest places to do it, but if you want to save more money and have a nice lunch, do it at the Fish Market. That will probably be the cheapest, and least fancy as you couldn't have a private room for your meal, but it has one of the nicer views and has good food.

Congratulations and have a good wedding!!!

------------------
www.casualcairodetours.pyramids.net for customized excursions in Cairo and beyond
Dds71@aol.com

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karim
Member # 3077

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Hi Debbie,

I am half an arab and have western , and used to live abroad for a while, will I don't have any problems with my fiancee family, as they are very easy people.

I was thinking of taking them out at the Tiranon which is loacted at the Ramel Station, they have a dinning room that I can book. I will see Salamlek Hotel, and see what they have, as for Helnan it used to be good but now yuk. Thanks for all the info.

Posts: 1226 | From: Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com