EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Teaching In Egypt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Teaching In Egypt
brian04
Member # 3553

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for brian04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello everyone,
this is my first post. i am planning to move to egypt in september this year. i want to find a job teaching english and and to live with a flatmate. my question is how are the apartments in cario? how much is the cheapest one? do they come fully or partially furnished? also is it easy to buy western dvds? i know to many questions.
would appreciate any feedback.

thanks!

Posts: 432 | From: China | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1/ do your research..search through the history of this site and egypt-talk.com and a lot of what you're asking...you'll find already answered. jobs aren't waiting for anyone these days in egypt, but if you're skilled, you may see a demand for your specific skills. hard to tell what they are, as many egyptians speaks both english/arabic, therefore...what sets you apart as a teacher...

2/ unfurnished flats: no stove, refrigerator, A/C, kitchen! - so you want either partially furnished (meaning appliance/kitchen/bathroom but no furniture or fully furnished). prices depend on neighborhood. most flats are at least 2 bedroom (very hard to find 1 bdrms as people live in groups here and foreigners tend to have xtra room for guests or as office)...but check around universities once you're in Cairo (you dind't mention where in egypt you're moving to?) and you may find other foreigners in need of a flatmate

3/ western dvds? you're asking about cheapest rent, then about a luxury item? huh? you can rent dvds here, but if you have the money to buy dvds, you shouldn't be asking about cheap flats. Keep in mind some people living in egypt think an A/C unit is the ultimate luxury.

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com