EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Can an American buy land or an apart or house in Egypt?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can an American buy land or an apart or house in Egypt?
skully
Member # 3464

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for skully     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was wondering if I could buy an apartment or a house in Egypt? If anyone knows let me know please. I am thinking about moving to Cairo soon. I am min ameerka.

thanks

Posts: 8 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
short answer is that foreigners can buy/own land and property in egypt. long answer is that it's a long, unchartered territory filled with knowing the right people in the right dept, greasing the right palms, and having an incredible amount of patience. owning in egypt is not a bns investment worth the ulcer you might get, but it is worth it if you're planning on retiring. you need to have a network of locals working for you, from the right real estate agent, to the right lawyer, to the right contractor (building is cheap compared to UK/US)
Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
felfel
Member # 3529

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for felfel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
finding the right real state agent in Egypt is very important

They will be able to guide you with all the legalities required ,

Coldwell banker is American agent and has an office in Egypt

here is thier website; you can find all details about them http://www.betna.com/coldwellbanker/nu/eng/index.asp

and Here is there International website
http://www.coldwellbankers.com

Edar also another company provides some useful information in their website ( it is a specialized Online Real state agent ) www.edar.com

you have to be careful , but no panic , you are taking good decision by moving down

good luck & Welcome to Egypt

[This message has been edited by felfel (edited 10 February 2004).]

Posts: 13 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com