EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Nightspots popular with expats?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Nightspots popular with expats?
es74
Member # 3589

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for es74     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would like to know which Cairo bars and nightclubs are popular with the expat crowd. Can anyone help?
Posts: 10 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What are you looking for and what neighborhood do you live in?

In Heliopolis, go to Deals, The BCA or maybe TGIF.

In Mohandiseen you've got the BCA, Bullseye, Deals, and another one that gets alot of Germans, and Sudanese hookers. If you want the name of that one, let me know...I'll figure it out. (PS-that was not supposed to sound like the Germans are hookers. They are hiring the hookers....LOL)

In Maadi you've got the ACE CLUB, the Cairo Rugby Club, San Marinos, The Golden Bell, Far East and Korianos (how ever you spell that).

Zamalek - LaBodega, Deals, Aubergines, Pub 28, The White Bar, Sand Bar.

Any of the above on a Thursday night will have expats in them...and often on other nights.

Need more info, post again.

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Hi Debbie,

back in 1998 I thought they closed the German-Sudanese House Of Friendship in Zamalek Did the bar move to Mohandseen now????

Funny thing but back then I went out w/ two british journalists and one of them said hey let's go THERE - many Germans enjoying themselves there. I responded okay but my boss would never go into this bar (he was German). Anyhow we are opening the doors and one look at the bar .... my boss is sitting in between nice dark women. Well I don't know who was more embarrassed cause my boss left two minutes after we greeted each other and said he had work to do.......
Hopefully I will be living in Cairo again one day!

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mooly El Din
Member # 1987

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mooly El Din     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here are some more

The blues.....Giza

The Cellar....Zamalek

The Place...... a boat close to the Gezirah Sheraton

El Pasha......Zamalek

Rumours........Gezirah Sheraton

After 8......... Down town

Darts (I think it is still called that) Sheraton heliopolis

El Gato Negro.......Mohandissen

Cairo Jazz club......... Agouza

Harry"s Pub ...... Zamalek ( Marriott)

Posts: 289 | From: Europe | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FYI - El Gato Negro is now the Bullseye.
Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

What happened to the Fat Black Pussy Cat pub I used to go too? I believe it was located in Mohandseen??? Does anyone know?

I think I met my hubby at Deals in Zamalek. It's the pub w/ couple of stairs down at the entrance, right?

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:

What happened to the Fat Black Pussy Cat pub I used to go too? I believe it was located in Mohandseen??? Does anyone know?

I think I met my hubby at Deals in Zamalek. It's the pub w/ couple of stairs down at the entrance, right?

Fat Black Pussycat changed to El Gato Negro (Spanish for Black cat), then that went out of business and Bullseye took over the location.

Yes, Deals is the one in Zamalek with a few steps down to it.

Out of curiosity...is your husband an Expat or Egyptian? An awful lot of Egyptians do go to some of these bars.

shusha
Member # 3563

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for shusha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
heheh what a leading statement debbie now is that meant to mean alot of awful egyptians go there or there are too many egyptians there hehehe
Posts: 32 | From: Australia | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by shusha:
heheh what a leading statement debbie now is that meant to mean alot of awful egyptians go there or there are too many egyptians there hehehe

LOL.... I see what you meant...but in that I'm American rather than British, it meant that "many" (not "too many", as that might be derrogative as well) Egyptians go to these bars.

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member

Hi Debbie, my husband is American (Expat) and I am German. Well when I met my husband my very intense relationship to a Egyptian Man (Christian) - we were also engaged - just broke off and he kind of started looking after me. We didn't hit it off straight away, it was more a friendship and doing cultural things together in the beginning than starting a relationship straight away; I wasn't ready for this at all. I remember sitting there w/ my girlfriend in Deals in Jan 1998 and kind of crying and depressive, smoking one cigarette after the other ..... it was Ramadan time and I had couple of beers too many (alcohol is only served to foreigners at that time!!!!).
After my break-up I really wanted to leave Egypt because my memories were haunting me around every corner. I couldn't stand anymore walking through Zamalek.
Actually I would have loved marrying an Egyptian but I didn't have luck finding the right partner for me while I was living there.......
So that's enough, old wounds really never seem to heal, do they?

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com