EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Moving to Egypt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Moving to Egypt
Ollaracosh
Member # 3675

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Ollaracosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Male 24yrs. Liberian/Indian/Anglo-Saxon descent.I currently reside in New Jersey (US). From fetus through youth I have been fed twisted truths relevant to the balance of life... I am now a free spirit after striping myself of 24yrs of imbued garbage. I seek spirtual refuge in Egypt.
I do not plan on living a modern life, just to work for food and shelter - devoting every breath of the rest of my life to becoming one with "The One Truth" if it takes that long. My days will mostly consist of pray and meditation.I will arrive in Egypt on April 1, 2004. Does anyone have any suggestions on the best place for me to reside? Can anyone tell me what I have to do to become a permanent resident? Can anyone be my friend when I arrive? Thank you for your time, and May Allah fill you with light all the days of your life...

Posts: 13 | From: Irvington, NJ, US | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hassan
Member # 3483

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hassan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Ollaracosh,
How are you? I'm a 25 years old Egyptian guy. I live and work in Cairo, the capital of Egypt. If you want to live in Cairo, the best places for you to reside are Maadi, Mohandiseen, Zamalik, Heliopolis, Garden City or Nasr City. Most foreigners prefer these places to reside. If you want to know about anything in Cairo, just let me know.
My e-mail: mrhassan78@yahoo.com

Welcome to Egypt.

Posts: 8 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Undead
Member # 3380

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Undead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those districts are definitely not the ones for someone wishing to live the simple life He wants to spend his days in prayer and meditation, not dining and dancing Anyway, if you have a job those areas might be more realistic but coming here with nothing... they can be a bit expensive. Coming with the expectation of spiritual refuge, it may be easy to be disappointed.
Posts: 238 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nelly
Member # 3539

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for nelly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello there !
I congratulate you on your decision and I hope you will find what you're looking for.
As for residence, I recommend Mokattam city, as for work, I'd help if you told us your field of study.

Regards

Posts: 25 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egy_prince
Member # 2853

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egy_prince     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ollaracosh:
Male 24yrs. Liberian/Indian/Anglo-Saxon descent.I currently reside in New Jersey (US). From fetus through youth I have been fed twisted truths relevant to the balance of life... I am now a free spirit after striping myself of 24yrs of imbued garbage. I seek spirtual refuge in Egypt.
I do not plan on living a modern life, just to work for food and shelter - devoting every breath of the rest of my life to becoming one with "The One Truth" if it takes that long. My days will mostly consist of pray and meditation.I will arrive in Egypt on April 1, 2004. Does anyone have any suggestions on the best place for me to reside? Can anyone tell me what I have to do to become a permanent resident? Can anyone be my friend when I arrive? Thank you for your time, and May Allah fill you with light all the days of your life...

hi Ollaracosh and welcome to Cairo..
if u need an accommodation tell us ur requirements about it and may be we help u find a suitable one.

Posts: 471 | From: egypt | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AMR the great
Member # 3076

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for AMR the great   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
welcome...u can contact me at my e-mail. at profile
Posts: 97 | From: Alexandria, Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karinfarid
Member # 3352

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karinfarid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
salaamu aleikum,

if your aim is to study Islam and the Koran, why not contact Al-Azhar for application to enroll with their foreign students dept., there are thousands of foreigners studying at Al Azhar every year. web: www.alazhar.org, e-mail: info@alazhar.org.

They may also offer accommodation in the foreing students homes, just an idea, if you prefer, take your own apartment (or search for a room-mate in time before arriving).

Let us know how things are developing!

fi aman Allah, Karin

Posts: 295 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ollaracosh
Member # 3675

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ollaracosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for your response Nelly,
I graduated a s an Audio Engineer (recording & mixing music) I also compose music and write poetry [ I am not a pianist or keyboardist], But God has blessed me with the ability to create any music that comes to my mind. I create abstract formats of music along the lines of new age music: music that hypnotize the soul. I have my own recording and composing equipment but I plan on selling it before I leave. May I ask why you recommend Mokattam city? Is it quit? could I sleep outside without any problems?
quote:
Originally posted by nelly:
Hello there !
I congratulate you on your decision and I hope you will find what you're looking for.
As for residence, I recommend Mokattam city, as for work, I'd help if you told us your field of study.

Regards

Posts: 13 | From: Irvington, NJ, US | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ollaracosh
Member # 3675

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ollaracosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Hassan. My plan is to reside in a quit place. If these places are quit that would be great.
quote:
Originally posted by hassan:
Hi Ollaracosh,
How are you? I'm a 25 years old Egyptian guy. I live and work in Cairo, the capital of Egypt. If you want to live in Cairo, the best places for you to reside are Maadi, Mohandiseen, Zamalik, Heliopolis, Garden City or Nasr City. Most foreigners prefer these places to reside. If you want to know about anything in Cairo, just let me know.
My e-mail: mrhassan78@yahoo.com

Welcome to Egypt.

Ollaracosh
Member # 3675

Rate Member
Thank you Undead. I know spiritual balance is not found in a place, but in the individual that is truly ready for truth, and only God knows when this individual is ready. So I am on the road of preparation with the only expectation of being lead by The Most High, The One Truth which permeates the dead and the living...
quote:
Originally posted by Undead:
Those districts are definitely not the ones for someone wishing to live the simple life He wants to spend his days in prayer and meditation, not dining and dancing Anyway, if you have a job those areas might be more realistic but coming here with nothing... they can be a bit expensive. Coming with the expectation of spiritual refuge, it may be easy to be disappointed.

Ollaracosh
Member # 3675

Rate Member
Thank you AMR the great. Peace is with all when they are ready to recieve. Only God knows the heart of all.
quote:
Originally posted by AMR the great:
welcome...u can contact me at my e-mail. at profile

Undead
Member # 3380

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Undead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is funny is that the more one seeks eventually they come to that there are more than one Truth. Actuality is something different than truth. I would be open to discussing that stuff in person, but you would have to brave the modern life in Zamalek . What you are describing sounds something like what I did 4 years ago, then I had a near death experience... and now I am Undead. Not reborn, just dead, but still living If things work out we may be able to meet in Egypt. Good luck, as things aren't usually what they seem when seeking such truths
Posts: 238 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ollaracosh
Member # 3675

Rate Member
Thank you Karinfarid for the recomendation.
quote:
Originally posted by karinfarid:
salaamu aleikum,

if your aim is to study Islam and the Koran, why not contact Al-Azhar for application to enroll with their foreign students dept., there are thousands of foreigners studying at Al Azhar every year. web: www.alazhar.org, e-mail: info@alazhar.org.

They may also offer accommodation in the foreing students homes, just an idea, if you prefer, take your own apartment (or search for a room-mate in time before arriving).

Let us know how things are developing!

fi aman Allah, Karin

Ollaracosh
Member # 3675

Rate Member
Thank you egy_prince. I will be giving away/selling all of my posessions before I leave the United States. I will arrive only with a few books, the clothes on my back, and a sleeping bag. If you know anyone that will be willing to help me in learning the common language that would be great.
quote:
Originally posted by egy_prince:

hi Ollaracosh and welcome to Cairo..
if u need an accommodation tell us ur requirements about it and may be we help u find a suitable one.

Ollaracosh
Member # 3675

Rate Member
Peace Undead. Undead I laugh with you as I know that there are many truths that come from The All- The One Truth -I know that death is nessacery, and I am ready to die for that truth, I would love for our minds soul to connect and discuss the experiences of eternity which there are many: where you have been, where I may have to go or just as truth is parallel the road I am on or the turn that I may take may born a whole new truth. Just as we are constantly dieing and being reborn more than every second as yesterday, this very momment, tomarrow evedence in: ( breath dies and we breathe a new; Our hiar grows and sheads to make way for a new, our skin, our nails, etc.- so I believe truth(s) are dieing and being reborn...I hope to meet you in Egypt eternal friend... peace forever...
quote:
Originally posted by Undead:
What is funny is that the more one seeks eventually they come to that there are more than one Truth. Actuality is something different than truth. I would be open to discussing that stuff in person, but you would have to brave the modern life in Zamalek . What you are describing sounds something like what I did 4 years ago, then I had a near death experience... and now I am Undead. Not reborn, just dead, but still living If things work out we may be able to meet in Egypt. Good luck, as things aren't usually what they seem when seeking such truths

Ollaracosh
Member # 3675

Rate Member
Undead is life and death not one?Is there not something greater than life and death?just to be still in the silence of knowingness known in the unbias imagination of that nothing which is everything celestial to the unknowing mind...my soul is in pain feeling severed from divinity...
quote:
Originally posted by Ollaracosh:
Peace Undead. Undead I laugh with you as I know that there are many truths that come from The All- The One Truth -I know that death is nessacery, and I am ready to die for that truth, I would love for our minds soul to connect and discuss the experiences of eternity which there are many: where you have been, where I may have to go or just as truth is parallel the road I am on or the turn that I may take may born a whole new truth. Just as we are constantly dieing and being reborn more than every second as yesterday, this very momment, tomarrow evedence in: ( breath dies and we breathe a new; Our hiar grows and sheads to make way for a new, our skin, our nails, etc.- so I believe truth(s) are dieing and being reborn...I hope to meet you in Egypt eternal friend... peace forever...

nelly
Member # 3539

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for nelly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear friend,
Yes it is a peaceful place and it is on a hill opposite Salaadin Citadel. I really don't recommend that you sleep on the outside at any place. What you can do is to get a place rooftop where you can see the sky and have a wonderful view of all Cairo, this is available in Mokattam. Of course there are many peaceful places in Egypt but it depends on what you're going to do, if you can move freely, you can go to a quiet coast city in summer and to Aswan in winter.

Good luck !

Posts: 25 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jutta
Member # 3620

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jutta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Ollaracosh,

I was at that point some years ago and just to give you a little hint: what you are seeking is already inside your soul. You dont need to be alone and you dont need to give away all your personal material stuff.
Maybe you also already discovered, that if you look closely at any religion on our world you will find so many many things that are equal in any of those. That is the basis. That is what is common to all mankind. It doesn't matter wether it's Islam, Bhuddism, New Age or whatever. Maybe these books can be interesting for you: "Conversations with God" from Neale Donald Walsh.
As you want to find peace in yourself: I think there are some cloisters in Egypt. Koptic cloisters. And maybe you find another idea suitable for you: there are Sufism cloisters in Turkey. They are always open also for foreigners who want to live with them.
I wish you all the best.

Posts: 53 | From: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ollaracosh
Member # 3675

Rate Member
Peace to you and your family Jutta. Thank you for sharing your heart. I can feel your soul and it is Beautiful. I have been raised by children..., fed generations of lies... this world has broken a man and that man is me, but a child is beneath the soil, so it is done, what was dirt must fall to the ground again, and what was light is still light even in its darkness. The sun sets to gather the lost children- burning all impurities, strengthening all weaknesses- God is the reason. A long journey is but a short journey at the end, we all walk in the hands of the All... I give up possesions to reach a higher vibration, into a new creation.This physical has been a great bondage. I am ready, all fears will be conquered, so no need to worry about me friend cherubims are waiting to catch me when I fall...Peace and Love forever
quote:
Originally posted by Jutta:
Dear Ollaracosh,

I was at that point some years ago and just to give you a little hint: what you are seeking is already inside your soul. You dont need to be alone and you dont need to give away all your personal material stuff.
Maybe you also already discovered, that if you look closely at any religion on our world you will find so many many things that are equal in any of those. That is the basis. That is what is common to all mankind. It doesn't matter wether it's Islam, Bhuddism, New Age or whatever. Maybe these books can be interesting for you: "Conversations with God" from Neale Donald Walsh.
As you want to find peace in yourself: I think there are some cloisters in Egypt. Koptic cloisters. And maybe you find another idea suitable for you: there are Sufism cloisters in Turkey. They are always open also for foreigners who want to live with them.
I wish you all the best.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com