EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Following Felfel's where do you live&work

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Following Felfel's where do you live&work
Lolumoha
Member # 3667

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lolumoha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everybody,

I have been amazed by the diversity of people writing on this forum. I have been dreaming of meeting you all with my camera where you live. You would tell me more about you and why/how you love Egypt... And when this is done (in 5 years, at least !), we all gather somewhere in Egypt so everyone meets adn of course we carry filming. I know it sounds a little bit mad (it needs money and time above all), but what do you think of it ?

Or there might be another solution. We plan a journey in Egypt to meet each other, each of us takes photos, films of the preparation of the trip, writes a diary about it, whatever, and after we've met, we try to edit a film with what we did... I'm not sure I make myself very clear but I'll try to explain more if necessary.

So, what's your opinion about it ?

Posts: 14 | From: Paris, France | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jaguar
Member # 3378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jaguar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lolumoha:

So, what's your opinion about it ?

Opinion about what?????????

Posts: 477 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lolumoha
Member # 3667

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lolumoha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by jaguar:
[B] Opinion about what?????????

I definitely wasn't clear ! Opinion about the propositions above, about the dreams which could become true if we want it... or maybe everybody prefers to carry on with the virtual relation only ?

Posts: 14 | From: Paris, France | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
homesick1
Member # 3092

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for homesick1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[This message has been edited by homesick1 (edited 12 March 2004).]

Posts: 61 | From: ca | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lolumoha
Member # 3667

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by homesick1:

Great idea, only some of us may end up with black eyes

What do you mean ?

Lolumoha
Member # 3667

Rate Member
I'm sorry to insist but I'm wondering why almost nobody replies my proposal. Is it too utopic ? Does it mean we all agree to meet virtually but by no mean for good ? Is it because you can't believe it could be done ? Just tell me, I'm curious about it.
fantachero
Member # 2707

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for fantachero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Lolumoha,

Of course your idea is not utopic but lets say very difficult as most of the people who are here are from different countries and it's not easy to arrange the timing.
But that would be great if we could all meet in somewhere of the world

quote:
Originally posted by Lolumoha:
I'm sorry to insist but I'm wondering why almost nobody replies my proposal. Is it too utopic ? Does it mean we all agree to meet virtually but by no mean for good ? Is it because you can't believe it could be done ? Just tell me, I'm curious about it.

Posts: 117 | From: istanbul, turkey | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mooly El Din
Member # 1987

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mooly El Din     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi, I am coming to Egypt in April will like to meet the group
Posts: 289 | From: Europe | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the problem with your plan is that this board and its members is constantly changing. There is NO WAY we could say today, let's all meet in Egypt in 2 years in Luxor and still have the same crowd there that exists today. This board is a work in progress and people move in and out at will.

For what it's worth, we do have meetings a couple times a year. If you are coming to Egypt and want to meet those of us that are here, tell us and let us try to plan a falouka trip or a piss-up that many can attend. It's not that big of a deal.

cheers

Another hint would be to also participate in the Egypt Talk board. ET gets together much more frequently and lots of the people here are on that board too.

[This message has been edited by Debbie (edited 05 March 2004).]

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com