EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » moving to egypt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: moving to egypt
cbg
Member # 3741

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi-
My husband is likely going to accept a job w/ AUC. I am wondering what to expect from life there. I have read some books on the subject and have decided to live in Maadi (I think that is where the faculty housing is). We have one daughter who will attend CAC. More specifically to my interests, I am a serious tennis player and am wondering what kind of tennis community there is out there. I would love to get in touch w/ a person who has gone thru a recent transition to living in Egypt w/ a family.
Thanks!

Posts: 1 | From: harrisonburg va usa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Hi, cbg, you will find living in Maadi will bring you closer to living with most Americans residing in this big city; however Cairo has many other exciting areas such as Heliopolis and Zamalek which offer great excess for entertaining and socialization.
You will not have any problems finding tennis partners. There are numerous sports clubs throughout the city where you will have the opportunity for taking lessons.
If I remember right there is a world-class tennis club at the outskirts of Cairo (in the vic. of Cairoland?). Each year professional tennis tournaments take place there.
Good luck for you and your family for moving to this beautiful country and settling in.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com