EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Egyptian Media HELP

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Egyptian Media HELP
Ess
Member # 3758

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Ess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,
I'm doing a project on Egyptian media that is very involved. I was just wondering what people thought the popular television channels were and why. Also how does Egyptian media seem to compare to American Media. Thanks for the help!
Ess

Posts: 1 | From: colchester, VT, USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karinfarid
Member # 3352

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karinfarid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi,

Popularity comes here from not having a choice if you don't have sat-tv it is pretty much Government-controlled and biased, just as much as the American.. hope I did not step on anybody's toes.

What might interest you that recently a much celebrated law was changed in favour of Journalists, to promote democratic freedom of speech, they are not to be arrested anymore for a controversial report or column. (but of course they can still be detained for any of the other reasons that can lead to detainment under the Egypt. emergency law)

Good luck, Karin

Posts: 295 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com