EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » I Hate sonomod

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I Hate sonomod
Nutso_Ordinary
Member # 3826

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nutso_Ordinary   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well maybe not hate but I certainly don't like her.
I read everything she had to say and I did not like any of it.... sonomod pleas ,please, please
do NOT move to egypt we would be much better off withou you.

PLEASE reconsider you're move, EGYPT is NOT for you

Yours truly( i don't mean that with any sincerity whatsoever)

Nutso_Ordinary

Posts: 40 | From: Mars | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Well, she certainly has her OWN opinions about Egypt and its culture ......

[This message has been edited by Tigerlily (edited 24 March 2004).]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kay in love
Member # 3444

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kay in love     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dont hate - feel sorry
Posts: 128 | From: uk | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nutso_Ordinary:
Well maybe not hate but I certainly don't like her.
I read everything she had to say and I did not like any of it.... sonomod pleas ,please, please
do NOT move to egypt we would be much better off withou you.

PLEASE reconsider you're move, EGYPT is NOT for you

Yours truly( i don't mean that with any sincerity whatsoever)

Nutso_Ordinary

Boy your a bully like my husband.

I can't live here in the US with him. I can't support all of us and take care of my daughter single-handedly.

If Egypt is going to spit out such a mean spirited turn-coat, I deserve to have my sweet mother-in-law look after me while I lick my wounds.

Plus while I am at work, I have been exceedingly harrassed.

I gave birth at the hospital I worked at. My nurse for 2 of the 4 days I was there skipped talking 50-80% of my vitals. Nurses came in and asked if my husband was a terriorist suspect in Guatamo bay or if he died at the WTC. I told people about 5 months after I got married, and started showing. Soon I was working weekends by myself when my every other weekend coworker went on medical leave. This is medical records, and it is a 500+ bed hosptial. So every 6th shift I got a lunch break. When I went to the bathroom, nurses knocked on the door demanding charts that by law I am not allowed to leave the department to deliver charts, just bathroom breaks.

About 40% of HR offices state they can't hire me cause they don't consider me a US citizen. Well, suckers I am. 6 out of 8 landlords wouldn't rent to me because of our inter-religion marriage. If I file compliants with any agency that reports to any government entity, it creates an INS audit that could stall my husband's petition for anywhere between 6 weeks to 2 years. During that time I wait to be with my daughter again.

I have no civil rights, or dignity. And my husband understand that I gave up alot for him. Though he doesn't seem to appreciate the sacrifice.

Possibly my rage towards him and his trickery is inadvertadely imposed on my opinion of Egypt.

I am too tired and depressed to put up with America or him.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for katrina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[This message has been edited by katrina (edited 27 May 2004).]

Posts: 995 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I grew up with a comfortable community that was mainly concerned with itself a cul-de-sac which most people sounded like EgypDoc77.

I was told that most of the Arab world was hostile towards Americans.

Yet, I grew up with Arabs in my school. Lebanese mostly. They lived just 2 blocks from me. Lebanese who were mostly inter-faith marriages due to the fact that Ariel Sharon had bombed their village and these were the only neighbors they had left, they clung to each other in the US.

They were Jew, Christain, Muslim and always liberals that were not sedentary socailly. My favorite was Noah, his father was christain and mother jewish, his mom was a civil rights lawyer and was so cool.

So my idea of Arabs growing up weren't like EgypDoc77, but great sweet people. Noah's mother was like an angel to me.

I knew the truth about Isreal and Palestine from these kids.

They always bought girl-scout cookies from me first.

Fond, fond memories.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
homesick2
Member # 3093

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for homesick2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by katrina:
Why can we all show the best of ES to sonomod. After all her anguish, she deserves to know that Egypt is not like her husband. He is truly a creep. she did suffer a lot. She is simply tired. Read her story on the other thread. She has been through a lot.

Why can't somebody out of you Egyptians or non Egyptians in Alexandria or Cairo help her and be friends with her when she gets to Egypt? meanwhile, maybe we can show her some understanding and you guys Egyptians true real Egyptian hospitality and generosity!

[This message has been edited by katrina (edited 24 March 2004).]

[This message has been edited by katrina (edited 24 March 2004).]

I still don't think Egypt is the place for her, if the guy is an SOB, dump him.
Going to Egypt could make your life even more difficult.
Sonomod you're obviously intelligent, well educated and Very well spoken (written), can you honestly say that you will be better off in Egypt.
From what I read so far, the problem is your husband....I hesitate to say this but you are probably better of without him

Posts: 220 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by katrina:
Why can we all show the best of ES to sonomod.

You get back what you give.

There is a story about a man who moved to a new town and he went up to an old local and asked him what the town was like. The old man asked him what his old town was like and the man said 'that they were all pleasent and neigbourly and would help out anyone in trouble'. The old man said that this town was just like that.

Another man moved to the town and also asked the old man and was given the same question. 'they were mean and nasty, never helped anyone' The old man said that this town was just like that.

Sonomod has reaped the rewards of her own actions. She is going to continue to hate Egypt and Egytians and moving here will not change her mind. Her poor child will always have a dilenma because the child is half Egyptian and her mother is going to make it plain exactly what she thinks about that half.

I think she should stay in the States and get some professional therapy.

------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by akshar:
You get back what you give.

Sonomod has reaped the rewards of her own actions. She is going to continue to hate Egypt and Egytians and moving here will not change her mind. Her poor child will always have a dilenma because the child is half Egyptian and her mother is going to make it plain exactly what she thinks about that half.

I think she should stay in the States and get some professional therapy.

What is she going to think of her Egyptian half, the half that loses a business and his his wife pay all the bills, the half that had an affair on her mother, the half that only comment or question on her well being in the womb was "is the baby healthy? is the baby going to die? is there any chance the mother will die in child birth? the half that didn't pick her up for the first 2 weeks after she was born, the half that paid for a dowry on a muslim/muslim marriage but wouldn't pay his own bills or help his wife out, or the half that would scream and yell at his wife and keep her up 2 nights in a row during the pregancy?

Or the half, that worked to pay the bills, took her to the doctor, stood out in the INS line for hours serveral times in -15 degrees because her egyptian half doesn't like the cold, the half that did all the shopping on the bus and carried 40lbs of grocies up 3 flights of stairs while pregnant every week cause her egyptian half has a bad shoulder, the half that bathed her everyday and bought all her supplies, who slept with her on mother's night's off or stayed up late to do homework while she slept, read to her, took most of her pictures, cries everyday caause she will die without her.

Sounds like the egyptian half wants the other half to die

[This message has been edited by sonomod (edited 24 March 2004).]

EgyptianDoc77
Member # 3777

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EgyptianDoc77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by sonomod:
[B]I grew up with a comfortable community that was mainly concerned with itself a cul-de-sac which most people sounded like EgypDoc77.

So my idea of Arabs growing up weren't like EgypDoc77, but great sweet people. Noah's mother was like an angel to me.

did u make ur judge , alors tu pense que je suis un cul de sac???? good that u judge miles away but hey dont seek sympathy after u offend, thats certainly not the proper way to do so..

by the way i dont need ur praise coz i know what iam talking about, and allah knows my intentions, simply u are just much concerned about urself..thats the truth

again u r abusing with words " cul de sac, narcistic" at the time i made my comments in a good way, seems u dont have that talent of expressing urself properly, anyway ur above all free to do whatever u want and post whatever u want but be sensible still

------------------
Dr.M.Lotfy
Resident Doctor of Dermatology & Andrology

Posts: 689 | From: Miami Beach, FL | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Doc, I can't stand her posts ....... I need to ignore them ........ I guess I need a vacation .......... Hollywood!!!!

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kay in love
Member # 3444

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kay in love     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sonomod

do you ever read the replies to your posts???

when you get sympathy and help (which you have had much of here) you ignore it and when you get questions you respond with abuse which in turn leads people to abuse you.

your child will learn about her egyptian heritage from you - if you fill her with hate for her egyptian blood because of one persons actions towards you then you will bring up a very confused little girl.

i am sad that you have so much hate in side you BUT that does not give you the right to abuse my friends who are good and kind people and who listened to you in good faith until you started to bad mouth the country that we all love.

please please read back over your posts - try to see them objectivly or take them to one of your therapists and talk it over with them - i think this may help you

we are not bad people - we are just people - and if we or what we love is attacked then, of course, we will become defensive. try to talk logically about your situation, explain it fully and listen to what people say and then respond to that reply with an answer not an attack, read back over past threads and see the discussions that have taken place - we dont always agree with what is said but there is a great tolerance of the others point of veiw here - if you read back over other threads then you will not be able to deni that.

i truly hope that whatever your situation then you find happiness but as akshar pointed out you reap what you sow - if you continue to bash us verbaly then you will, sooner or later get it back

much love kay

Posts: 128 | From: uk | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lukoshko
Member # 3626

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lukoshko     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nutso_Ordinary:
Well maybe not hate but I certainly don't like her
Nutso_Ordinary

I thinks the name of this topic is very dishonorable. Some of the people on the forume were so ofended by posts of Gossip, that his/her posts were delited, and now u write such a thread. I am sure u wouldn't like to be the heroe of one of this kind.

Posts: 287 | From: Moscow Russia | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com