EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » i am israeli

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: i am israeli
fifi
Member # 6152

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for fifi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks for your reply but mybe i didnt make my self clear i dont have american passport i have only israeli passport i have been many many times in sinai but i think that overthere is a bit different than in cairo i think the muhabarat is more saspicious about israelis especially if they marry egyptian
let me know if im wrong
thanks
god bless you all

Posts: 2 | From: ca | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I suspect you are right, it must be a realy hard situation for you. i don't know what the law is but if you get your hubby to do everything (which is normal here) then your nationality need not be an issue. He is is probably more familar with this side of things than you and i would rely on him and his family to help you.

I don't know what you guys have decided about the religion of your children but if it is something that will go down well I would publise it and that will circumvate any problems. If it is negative (your children will be jews) I would live in Israel

------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aussiemat
Member # 6132

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for aussiemat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i know there are many isralis that are married to egyptians in cairo i am not sure how they they are treated but i know my friend had no problems and he traveled right through egypt. i think you will have no problems you are married to an egyptian man it might have been different if you were a man married to egyptian man but i think you will be fine
Posts: 70 | From: australia | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kimo_the_maniac
Member # 1761

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kimo_the_maniac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by fifi:
thanks for your reply but mybe i didnt make my self clear i dont have american passport i have only israeli passport i have been many many times in sinai but i think that overthere is a bit different than in cairo i think the muhabarat is more saspicious about israelis especially if they marry egyptian
let me know if im wrong
thanks
god bless you all

Why would you care about what mokhabarat does? If you are doing nothing wrong they will not really bother you that much. But I can see your problem now, and I think Jane has a very good point, the religion of the children will be crucial. As far as I know, Israel wouldn't be much easier, the shin bet will not be a lot more fun than the mokhabarat, how about you guys stay put in the US or go to Europe or Australia or south africa or something.

Posts: 850 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
timbuctoo
Member # 440

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for timbuctoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
i think you will have no problems you are married to an egyptian man it might have been different if you were a man married to egyptian man but i think you will be fine

LOL

Posts: 266 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
germansara
Member # 5920

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for germansara     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Salamalekum,

sometime ago I had to sale something, the family who came to me were jews, it was clear because of their children names. The mother was a very kind, friendly and honest lady. She respected me, even I met her with my islamic facecover. She told me many times 'god bless you', and really, I liked her very much.
Till now I learned a lot of disliking from egyptian moslems, as they told me, because of my 'way of believe and covering'.
I think it is the way how you will act, I mean how you will speak, see the people around you. You will earn then surely respect, even the people know that you are from israel.
Every country has its bad and good people and the most israelis don't agree what's going on in Pal. And you also not, don't you?

But you shouldn't tell everybody proudly from where you are; it could be misunderstood...

Good bless you
Salamalekum
Sara

Posts: 909 | From: Germany/Egypt | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com