EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Perhaps a Tandem instead

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Perhaps a Tandem instead
Semsema
Member # 5415

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semsema     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes it's me again. My finger is sore from scrolling through all the replies re the dratted car.

Okay what about a Tandem? Surely there are no silly rules about buying one of those.

Yes I have finally lost the plot. As anyone who has tried to deal with the beaurocrats will understand.

Love to you all = even the red tape handlers.

Posts: 660 | From: Unfinished City | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DJKeefy™:
Member # 5954

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DJKeefy™:   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hehehehehehehehe Semsema U Should Try A Day Trip To The Traffic Police In Luxor, Now Believe Me Ive Never Seen Nothing Like It.
Your Trying To Chat With A man Behind A Glass Window, And 20 More Egyptians Are Trying To Shove Paper And Chat With Him At The Same Time, 10 mins In There And You Lose The Plot.

Happy Christmas

Posts: 137 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semsema
Member # 5415

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semsema     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No No No DJ you are wrong. There is something worse.

Try opening an account in the EAB in Luxor. The air-con man is trying to fix the unit, your money is spread out on the table, the air-con mans mate comes in with his sandwiches. They both start eating them. The bank manager disappears. A total stranger comes in and parks his bum on the edge of the table.

The bank manager re-appears but starts dealing with the bum on the edge of the table bloke.

The air-con guy and his mate finish their sandwiches, scrunch the paper and then disappear. Presumably to get a cup of tea.
At the same time the bank manager is trying to complete our paperwork but due to interruptions makes a mistake and has to start all over again.
3 hours later we finally got a bit of paper to say we had a bank account.

Oh life here is such fun.

Posts: 660 | From: Unfinished City | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com