EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Moderators.. Please!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Moderators.. Please!!
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guys.. please!! 190 seconds is too long on flood control!!
some of us write quickly, and just want to add a short comment!!
I understand the need for flood control.. but can we please go back to 120?

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just found out what this is all about.

Well I can give my son a diaper change in between postings.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
welsafty
Member # 5051

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for welsafty   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Samia:
Guys.. please!! 190 seconds is too long on flood control!!
some of us write quickly, and just want to add a short comment!!
I understand the need for flood control.. but can we please go back to 120?

OK, then , I'll solve this problem in my ailternative solution ,

Posts: 785 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
waelredsea
Member # 6836

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for waelredsea     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
please moderators we want the flood control to be 3 , 4 or even 5 min. as to prevent person like seasea from returing back to this forum.

Posts: 23 | From: England/Egypt | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by waelredsea:
please moderators we want the flood control to be 3 , 4 or even 5 min. as to prevent person like seasea from returing back to this forum.

No...it will not prevent anybody, just make them more abusive!!

Waleed.. whats your alternative solution??

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Administrator
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had increased it to 190 after the whole seasea thing. It's back at 120 now .. we'll see how it goes :-)

Posts: 114 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Thanks Sammy.... you're a sweetie!!!
welsafty
Member # 5051

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for welsafty   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haven’t you hearted, I got fed up with the treatment we get here in ES, and decide to create a new site, a little more functional,
it actually went online yesterday, it is ready as far as the structure, and it is far from being perfect or 100% complete, it is only a start
check it and tell me what you think of it http://www.egsearch.com

Posts: 785 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by welsafty:
Haven’t you hearted, I got fed up with the treatment we get here in ES, and decide to create a new site, a little more functional,
it actually went online yesterday, it is ready as far as the structure, and it is far from being perfect or 100% complete, it is only a start
check it and tell me what you think of it http://www.egsearch.com

Wow, Waleed, mabrouk. But to get this "baby" running do some advertisment on this forum and others. Best of luck to your own forum and I hope to see many known virtual faces over there!

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
welsafty
Member # 5051

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for welsafty   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
Wow, Waleed, mabrouk. But to get this "baby" running do some advertisment on this forum and others. Best of luck to your own forum and I hope to see many known virtual faces over there!

you mean like creating a new thread once a day saying hey guys go to this other place, ?? cant do that , I hate it when others do it, and I cant do it myself,
hey, if you don’t mind I’d love to have you as moderator over there, when it get going, there is no way I would be able to handle it all by myself

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
You need to advertise otherwise it will get lost with Samia's thread here.

Well I am very much honored (wallahy I am flattered ) but this is too much to ask. I am definitely not the right person to be a moderator at all, Waleed and also this job would be very timeconsuming. I do want to contribute to your forum. Thanks for understanding. Would like to link up with you though when I am in Hurghada/Cairo in June.

RetirementBitches
Member # 6332

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RetirementBitches     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by welsafty:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tigerlily:
[b] Wow, Waleed, mabrouk. But to get this "baby" running do some advertisment on this forum and others. Best of luck to your own forum and I hope to see many known virtual faces over there!

you mean like creating a new thread once a day saying hey guys go to this other place, ?? cant do that , I hate it when others do it, and I cant do it myself,
hey, if you don’t mind I’d love to have you as moderator over there, when it get going, there is no way I would be able to handle it all by myself

[/B][/QUOTE]

congratulations... i predict a quick death
i'd like to sugggest some changes to your board.....get rid of the dise bar on the left ...make the registration simpler.it takes tooooooooooo many steps adn too much information to register. get rid of the code verification thingie on login....it's annoying and why is it when i login the first thing i see is your face...who wants to see that kidding. but really not suitable.and why does it say "Welcome to solemate" when i login. what does that mean????? is this a dating site or what. people come to these forums for the discussions...forget that you're a programmer and simplify. you should also start with less forums and as the topics increase you can create new forums and move the topics accordingly...best wishes

Posts: 67 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RetirementBitches
Member # 6332

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RetirementBitches     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
also....it's one thing to make spelling mistakes when posting but this should not happen " your voice will always be hearted." i was also thinking....couldn't you find a better name????? now is the time to change it before you start advertising it!
Posts: 67 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
welsafty
Member # 5051

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by RetirementBitches:
also....it's one thing to make spelling mistakes when posting but this should not happen " your voice will always be hearted." i was also thinking....couldn't you find a better name????? now is the time to change it before you start advertising it![/B]

thank you for the valuable feed back, I'll take care of it all.
by the way , the only reaon you saw my picture is because I am the only one who did put my picture, when the pictures in is more than 4 , you wont see it anymore

[This message has been edited by welsafty (edited 10 March 2005).]

Li Tan
Member # 1738

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Li Tan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations for the great looking forum!! I will be joining EG you very soon.
Posts: 183 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com