EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Why?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Why?
Farhana
Member # 3795

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Farhana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since joining this forum over a year ago I've learned a lot about my culture, language and the society at large. There used to be some great threads on here (in the days of Monica, Kimo etc..) on vocabulary and food and all kinds of subjects - ES was lots of fun and felt proud to be part of something that made me feel closer to home.
Nowadays (I stopped coming here for a while) the majority of posts are of a sexual nature, are full of 'F' 'B' you name it words and a general disrespect for those who share a common interest in Egypt.
What is so exciting about replying to posts that are enticing racial hatred or downright insulting? Why bother? What is the interest in replying to such people or their posts? Why do we have to be subjugated to all this bad language and filth...I feel embarrassed to have family/friends post on here..wanted to tell an English friend to post on here a while back regarding a query of hers...had to think twice (what the heck is she going to think of Egypt if she read any of those posts?)
If you really care for your country, our country, Egypt...show it some respect! Please! Ignore the filth.
Thank you...really had to vent!

Posts: 606 | From: London, UK | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree too!! I am not egyptian.. but actually it has nothing to do with the country..it has to do with self respect and respect to others. I am getting really tired of the very low language that ppl are speaking with... and where are the moderators??? ppl show a bit more respect! none of you are children, so act as grown ups!!
Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farhana
Member # 3795

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Farhana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Samia - If you read this post just want to apologise on behalf of the 'person' who insulted you and other ES members on the 'travelling alone' thread. Its better not to stoop to their level though using vulgar Arabic - they love it! Gives them even more ammunition ...
p.s. Samia - if you're visiting central mosque this summer perhaps we cd meet up x

Posts: 606 | From: London, UK | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Punjabi
Member # 8523

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Punjabi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WE MUST RESPECT EACH OTHER AND BE GOOD TO EACH OTHER

BE GOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Posts: 6 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppy
Member # 3491

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for poppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I SECOND THAT VIEW POINT.
Posts: 461 | From: Kelantan, Malaysia | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thats true, and there are many people here to provoke only
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Isis83
Member # 8438

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Isis83     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 7aya:
thats true, and there are many people here to provoke only

I agree! Pls talk more on Egypt itself...as the country...the people...the history, etc...I'm having a blast learning what I can in here!!!

Posts: 94 | From: India | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com