EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » TRAVELLING FROM HURGHADA TO SHARM

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: TRAVELLING FROM HURGHADA TO SHARM
WELSHLADYUK
Member # 5356

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WELSHLADYUK   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi wanted to know if anyone has travelled on Hydrofoil ferry from Hurghada-Sharm and their experience, prices etc. Im British but now have my resident ID/ehyptian driving licence and wondered what the price are?...cant you book over the internet for advance tickets ? Has anyone also taken the bus from Sharm to Cairo any information also appreciated.
Posts: 203 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes i did it 2 weeks back.... very pleasant and very easy, just bought a ticket 2 days before, arrived on the day, checked in my bag, had a comfortable seat by a window, and snoozed!!
Little office opposite the harbour sells the ticket.. 250 le for foot passengers one way.. I think 450 le return ... cheaper for Egyptians.. take your passport.

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
puppy
Member # 6116

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for puppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
around 200egp for egyptians
Posts: 263 | From: Hurghada | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bus from Sharm to Cairo takes about 5 hours if you get the Golden bus. Cost I think LE 110. Its comfortable, they serve tea, coffee and snacks, there is loo on board and they take a couple of stops for a leg stretch or smoke. Don't sit too near the TV they have the videos on a bit too lound for me.
Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WELSHLADYUK
Member # 5356

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WELSHLADYUK   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Samia:
Yes i did it 2 weeks back.... very pleasant and very easy, just bought a ticket 2 days before, arrived on the day, checked in my bag, had a comfortable seat by a window, and snoozed!!
Little office opposite the harbour sells the ticket.. 250 le for foot passengers one way.. I think 450 le return ... cheaper for Egyptians.. take your passport.

Samia I am British so dont have Egyptian Passport but I have a Work VISA and Egyptian Driving licence with photo, do you know if this is enough ID to get Egyptian Resident Rate ?

Posts: 203 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WELSHLADYUK
Member # 5356

quote:
Originally posted by Penny:
Bus from Sharm to Cairo takes about 5 hours if you get the Golden bus. Cost I think LE 110. Its comfortable, they serve tea, coffee and snacks, there is loo on board and they take a couple of stops for a leg stretch or smoke. Don't sit too near the TV they have the videos on a bit too lound for me.

Thanks Penny....I am well traveled around Egypt but never done this trip from Hurg-Sharm before. Can you tell me where I get the bus in Sharm and is this the Super Jet or another bus company ? Is this the 'local' cost one way cos I will only need this one way (working in Cairo).

TalTal11
Member # 7169

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for TalTal11     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want to travel from Cairo to Sharm and back during my stay. What is the Golden bus? Only 5 hours? I thought the trip was like 9 hours (that would kill me)
ty

Posts: 2 | From: Maryland, USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pe@rson
Member # 6764

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pe@rson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Egyptair have 2x weekly flights from Hurghada to Sharm El Sheikh on Mondays and Saturdays.
Posts: 150 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nevermind
Member # 6674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nevermind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quite an interesting link on H. Here, just found accidentally
http://dg.ian.com/index.jsp?cid=69280&action=viewLocation&formId=61807
Nice info on all means of transport to get OUT of there to Cairo or even Sharm (if phones are valid still :o)

TalTal, I believe the trip is around 7 hours, 5 hours maybe strictly on road but driving into the heart of cairo takes ist time too. In any case, it was 10 hours from Sharm to Alexandria and as u see I am very ALIVE here still :o) but maybe because I was not travelling alone, it's always so much easier when you have an arm to hold to (and sb to tickle when it gets boring)

In the end of this monster story http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/Forum1/HTML/002545.html

here is a description of what the journey might be like with the Superjet company and if you click the pictures (link in same thread) then the last ones even show what the buses look like.

Don't know if these are the "Goldens" that someone (dear Penny here) was referring to because I've also come a cross a name "Golden arrow" but in any case my bf said Superjet was the best. The Hurgahada thread gives the same impression.

Superjet also has its own bus station because the central Ramses is REALLY crazy. I found in web it might be called Shubra Khama Bus Station, half-way out of centre already and from what I remember it was quite a small place where you should be able to spot the bus easily.

The road towards Alexandria, that passes the Nile Delta is of course much more interesting, but Sharm of course is a separate experience after Cairo.
Anyone ever done any car trips into Delta??? The way you can lazily cruise e.g. southern France? it looked so beautiful, green, lush..

[This message has been edited by nevermind (edited 18 July 2005).]

Posts: 1051 | From: Menoufeya | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WELSHLADYUK:
Samia I am British so dont have Egyptian Passport but I have a Work VISA and Egyptian Driving licence with photo, do you know if this is enough ID to get Egyptian Resident Rate ?

WL.. yes I think a work visa is enough.... I know it's enough for cheap flights, so I assume its same for ferry also.

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Egyptians
Member # 7531

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egyptians     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Girls Topless Sunbathing in Hurghada and Sharm. That's good thing in there to see girls boobs. Girls have beautiful boobs. That's good thing to see them.
Posts: 87 | From: Egypt | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rich5754
Member # 6495

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rich5754     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it is cheaper to fly and will be a much shorter time. Someone told me that one of the engines had broke which added an extra hour on to the journey. With Egyptian Work Visa you will only pay half the tourist price for flying internal. Just an option.
Posts: 11 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hassancheb
Member # 4863

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hassancheb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Hi wanted to know if anyone has travelled on Hydrofoil ferry from Hurghada-Sharm and their experience, prices etc. Im British but now have my resident ID/ehyptian driving licence and wondered what the price are?...cant you book over the internet for advance tickets ? Has anyone also taken the bus from Sharm to Cairo any information also appreciated.

I hope all is well with you, come back and let us know you're okay.

Posts: 358 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WELSHLADYUK
Member # 5356

Do you know what the current price this month (August) is to get from Sharm to Cairo and where do I get the ticket in Sharm ?

Thanks

quote:
Originally posted by Samia:
WL.. yes I think a work visa is enough.... I know it's enough for cheap flights, so I assume its same for ferry also.

Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Do you know what the current price this month (August) is to get from Sharm to Cairo and where do I get the ticket in Sharm ?

Thanks

Recently paid LE600 return, you get the ticket from Egyptair Office in Old Market.
I assume one way is half that but not sure.
Prices vary day to day same flight was LE 700 the week before

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com