EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Inter-marriage

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Inter-marriage
winter_scorpion
Member # 8550

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for winter_scorpion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a friend from Canada that married an Egyptian in Egypt about a year ago. She had met the Egyptian over the internet and she later went over to Egypt and got married. Now, in terms of the Egytian culture, what can you tell me about a married couple that are from different ethnic backgrounds. He is and Egyptian and She is a North American Native/Aboriginal. What, if any, conflict would there be. I am curious because I am concerned.
Posts: 2 | From: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
can you please specify your question? what kind of problems do you mean, and are you asking about the legal or cultural perspective?

best

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
winter_scorpion
Member # 8550

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for winter_scorpion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I meant if there would be any problems between the huisband and wife from other people's perspective. As in He being an Egyptian and She being a North American Native/Aboriginal

Posts: 2 | From: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by winter_scorpion:
I meant if there would be any problems between the huisband and wife from other people's perspective. As in He being an Egyptian and She being a North American Native/Aboriginal

there was a post opened by raniame about racism in egypt. many people posted including several women who were part of a mixed ethnicity marriage. so check it out there were many intelligent comments

best

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
didi_elsayed
Member # 4763

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for didi_elsayed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This shouldnt be a problem,and as he take her for wife,he is well known whats her ethnicity,and i hope there arent lots of racists there!
Wish best for ur friend,but i believe if this man truely love her,these problems will be avoided!

Good luck!

Posts: 1134 | From: NoNe oF uR BuSiNeS | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com