EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » egyptian passport and id card

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: egyptian passport and id card
bluesky05
Member # 8627

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bluesky05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello everybody..
please...could someone tell me how much is a passport and an id card for egyptian people? are there difference amounts to pay? for example, if someone has a diploma or a work... or in the opposite.. someone without work and without a diploma? Do those people have to pay an "insurance" to the government to get a passport...and how much is it?

Thanks for your response..
take care.. bluesky

Posts: 9 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odiab84
Member # 8455

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for odiab84     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bluesky05:
hello everybody..
please...could someone tell me how much is a passport and an id card for egyptian people? are there difference amounts to pay? for example, if someone has a diploma or a work... or in the opposite.. someone without work and without a diploma? Do those people have to pay an "insurance" to the government to get a passport...and how much is it?

Thanks for your response..
take care.. bluesky

A passport is 65 EGP
An ID is 15 EGP

I think that applies to everyone

Posts: 149 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh you poor guy! you're going to be introduced to egyptian buraucracy aren't you? well my advice to you: don't loose your temper!!
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odiab84
Member # 8455

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for odiab84     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 7aya:
oh you poor guy! you're going to be introduced to egyptian buraucracy aren't you? well my advice to you: don't loose your temper!!

yeah..if it's his first time to deal with 'mowazafeen' he'll be shocked..

but i think 'mowazafeen' are experts in treating people like a peice of shi* without making them lose their temper...dunno what's their secret!

Posts: 149 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by odiab84:
but i think 'mowazafeen' are experts in treating people like a peice of shi* without making them lose their temper...dunno what's their secret!

Feng Shui

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemonspice
Member # 5667

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemonspice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol!! Feng Shui?? U serious? I actually think they need it here badly-everybody's energy is flying about here in cairo in almost every direction! Like airplanes swifting across ur head that u have to watch out for them!! In China people use feng shui before they even start building-to prevent being opposite sone electric pole for ex-which will be impossible to do something about later on! Well, bluesky-why don't u check this brilliant site-u can order almost all your documents online through this-morever i tried it, and it worked!! I had 2 more official copies of my birth certificate delieverd to my home addr-for a few more pounds! U can also do that with ur ID. Yes! This exists in egypt! (There's an english option on the top left corner of the page)
http://www.misr.gov.eg/arabic/default.asp

Posts: 604 | From: Cairo,Egypt | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
A passport is 65 EGP
An ID is 15 EGP

Wow thats cheap!!!! here it costs 1000 LE to only renew your passport!!

Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 7aya:

I remember once when my brother's mobile got stolen. yes, it was so much fun! Just like an Indiana Jones adventure. From one office to the other in an endless discussion and in an endless walk through offisers generals and bawabs The only one's who were missing were Hakim and the bellydancers

Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Medosa
Member # 8196

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Medosa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
A passport is 65 EGP
An ID is 15 EGP

Plus bribes !!

Posts: 249 | From: usa | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheWesternDebt2Islaam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Medosa:
Plus bribes !!

Are you serious?

People must be fools to go to the 'mowazafeen', get bribed and stressed, when it can all be done online.

Maybe they will stop the online service in the future because many 'mowazafeen' will lose their jobs!!!

Posts: 2457 | From: U | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Serendipity:

You trouble maker.. If Mubarak would read this we'll be in deep s hit.

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Kamal211:
many 'mowazafeen' will lose their jobs!!!

Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeen ya raaaaaaaaaaabbb

bluesky05
Member # 8627

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bluesky05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lemonspice:
lol!! Feng Shui?? U serious? I actually think they need it here badly-everybody's energy is flying about here in cairo in almost every direction! Like airplanes swifting across ur head that u have to watch out for them!! In China people use feng shui before they even start building-to prevent being opposite sone electric pole for ex-which will be impossible to do something about later on! Well, bluesky-why don't u check this brilliant site-u can order almost all your documents online through this-morever i tried it, and it worked!! I had 2 more official copies of my birth certificate delieverd to my home addr-for a few more pounds! U can also do that with ur ID. Yes! This exists in egypt! (There's an english option on the top left corner of the page)
http://www.misr.gov.eg/arabic/default.asp

Hi lemonspice,
shukran ;-) for all this informations!! but now i'm in trouble... cause the main informations are totaly in arabic... and i cannot speak and - specially - ;-) read arabic! i am from germany and asked cause my fiance told me that he paid so much for id and passport... and i can't understand why. he told me something about an insurance he had to pay..and he was very stressed about the bureaucracy.. it must be horible! he paid 500 LE for his passport and 300 LE for his ID. Oh dear... it's so much money for egypt relations... isn't it? Maybe he paid so much cause he doesn't have a job now there in cairo...could it be a reason? he payed a lot of baqschich and raschwa.
here in germany we have a lot of bureaucracy too but i think the clerks respect the people much more... And i think, specially when you don't have a job there - you are "nothing"... isn't it? i hate this system...how they treat the people. I visited egypt so many times... and had beautifull times there but also the worst experience of my life... but...thats maybe another topic ;-)...

thanks a lot for your reply...
take care.. bluesky

Posts: 9 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluesky05
Member # 8627

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Serendipity:

Masa al cher.. where do you live... in egypt or in another country... 1000 LE it's "haram"... !!!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com