EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Towla

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Towla
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 5 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or backgammon, in case I screwed up the Arabic name.

Do women commonly play this game in Egypt? Or just men? Just curious, cuz I love to play....

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hassan.Reda
Member # 8633

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hassan.Reda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snoozin:
Or backgammon, in case I screwed up the Arabic name.

Do women commonly play this game in Egypt? Or just men? Just curious, cuz I love to play....

BOTH play it .

Posts: 354 | From: cairo,cairo,egypt | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hassan.Reda
Member # 8633

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hassan.Reda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you coming to egypt soon ?
and you worry if you can play it or not ?

Posts: 354 | From: cairo,cairo,egypt | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
south_london_male
Member # 3917

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for south_london_male   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Towala: is a game which by tadition is played at cafes, hardly even played at home , exept by old men, Towla a, Domino and Chess are mainly, if not only played by men in Egypt , so if you are living /going to Egypt then do not count on finding female partners to share the Towla game with you
If I am not worng I think the backgammon is a diffeernt game , at least in the roles

Posts: 1373 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by someone_lost:
Are you coming to egypt soon ?
and you worry if you can play it or not ?

I'm a woman. I like to play this game, but my fiance doesn't. How about kids? Is this something I can play with my soon-to-be neices and nephews?

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mohsen1000:
Towala: is a game which by tadition is played at cafes, hardly even played at home , exept by old men, Towla a, Domino and Chess are mainly, if not only played by men in Egypt , so if you are living /going to Egypt then do not count on finding female partners to share the Towla game with you
If I am not worng I think the backgammon is a diffeernt game , at least in the roles

I don't know, honestly, if it is different or not. It's the same board -- I guess I just assumed it was the same.

bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried to play it with an Egyptian male friend.. he was explaining the rules as we were going along... I've never been so confused about a simple game!!??
Maybe it was his explanation?? Come to Hurghada and I'll play it with you if you can explain it better than this guy!!

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i know alot of women play towla. especially in those new posh cafe's, you will find girls and boys playing it. my aunt and her husband, both retired, spend their entire day playing it. sometimes the game becomes so heated, they become angry, and stop talking to each other for a couple of days!
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com