EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Indian Restaurants in Cairo?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Indian Restaurants in Cairo?
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Somebody on another thread posted a link to an Indian restaurant in Luxor. So that just made me wonder if there are any Indian restaurants in Cairo?

I love Indian food.....

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
there's one called bukhara that i love!! its in maadi. can't remember the name of the street, but its in the same street as the UNICEF. so if you are coming from heliopolis you take the left after the courthouse, then take another right at the end of that street. then keep going straight and youll find it on your left.
there's also another in gam3at el dowal st, can't remember its name though. i love indian food too

[This message has been edited by 7aya (edited 19 August 2005).]

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The best Indian food you get at the Moghul Room at the Oberoi hotel out at the pyramids; it's expensive though.

Raoucha & Kandahar on Midan Sphinx in Mohandesseen (which is run by the Oberoi group as well) has great Indian food and is more affordable.

I tried the Bukhara a few times and found their food awful - hardly any spices and not very expertly cooked in my opinion.

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bombay1
Member # 5213

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Bombay1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi
I have tried the Kandahar found it a little pricey and not very good. I was thinking of Cairo venture at some future point possibly in Maadi but I will have to look somewhere else if there is one there already, any suggestions?
R
http://www.bombay.luxor4u.com/

Posts: 53 | From: uk/Egypt | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bombay1:
Hi
I have tried the Kandahar found it a little pricey and not very good. I was thinking of Cairo venture at some future point possibly in Maadi but I will have to look somewhere else if there is one there already, any suggestions?
R
http://www.bombay.luxor4u.com/

I am not in Cairo so I can't help you. But if you do choose to open another restaurant, I wouldn't mind Heliopolis, since that's where my in-laws live, and inshallah, I will live soon.

Thanks for all the tips on the restaurants in Cairo. Now, are they North Indian or South Indian cuisine? Or both? I'm assuming with names like Khandahar it will be Nothern cuisine....which is what I prefer, but I like both.

Yum, I think I'll make some spicy eggplant with garam masala for dinner tonight!

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com