EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » How important is ES to you????

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How important is ES to you????
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Ever ask yourself what makes you come on ES (almost) daily?

For my part I am reading every morning at first the new entries on here before even looking up the world news on the net. I log on couple of times a day on ES, follow topics and many times its my last site before I go off to sleep. I think I am very "committed".

Also I do believe I am addicted (I have to admit that ) and I am not sure if the moderators read it or not but thanks for maintaining EgyptSearch.

So how do you feel about ES , about its members , about the topics ?

Please feel free to post.

I wish everyone a great weekend!

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good morning Tiger,
Same case scenario here. Within a month I got totally addicted to ES, which is making my husband wonder about me new life style, but I consider my behvior a tit for tat for his addiction to Bundesliga sshit on T.V.

The problem is that I'm going back to work next Monday. And I won't be able to share that often anymore.

My heart is already broken ;(

[This message has been edited by MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari (edited 20 August 2005).]

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hassan.Reda
Member # 8633

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hassan.Reda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:

For my part I am reading every morning at first the new entries on here before even looking up the world news on the net. I log on couple of times a day on ES, follow topics and many times its my last site before I go off to sleep. I think I am very "committed".

Also I do believe I am addicted (I have to admit that ) and I am not sure if the moderators read it or not but thanks for maintaining EgyptSearch.

I think it something intersting to share your thoughts with others .beside its very good way to WASTE YOUR TIME

Posts: 354 | From: cairo,cairo,egypt | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hassan.Reda
Member # 8633

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hassan.Reda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I think it something intersting to share your thoughts with others .beside its very good way to WASTE YOUR TIME

Posts: 354 | From: cairo,cairo,egypt | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Medosa
Member # 8196

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Medosa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Not important at all.

I can take it or leave it.

I am in control...

Posts: 249 | From: usa | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Real life
Member # 7982

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Real life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On the one hand, I'm glad I found it because I am discovering useful nuggets of information about another culture which otherwise I could only guess. This helps me understand Cheffie better and I can ask questions which are a bit too involved for SMS (or which you would normally ask a female friend about if you were dating a local man).

On the other hand, I sometimes regret it because instead of taking my developing relationship with Cheffie exactly at face value, as someone posted on another thread - some of the stories you see here make you see the devil in an angel. (One instance - he was visiting his parents and said he was going on a visit to his aunt so I got a bee in my bonnet that he was going to be married off to 'super virgin cousin in the country' having just read it on here - absolutely no basis for spending the whole weekend in emotional turmoil whatsoever - thank god I couldnt SMS him that weekend - talk about bunny boiling )

I have decided to keep my own counsel and rely on my instincts about him. There is not one 'bad egyptian man' activity I have read on here that I don't already know several english men doing the same or worse.

Posts: 148 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gosh I wish i was in control, ES is addictive. I find it is like driving along the road and there is an accident on the other carriageway. You know you shouldn't slow done to have a look but you just can not resist it.
Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Medosa
Member # 8196

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Medosa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by akshar:
Gosh I wish i was in control, ES is addictive.

Exactly,

Addicts always say they are in control ! So am I

Posts: 249 | From: usa | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I gotta say I'm addicted too.

I came here looking for help and information on Egyptian culture and Islam. It has been very helpful in that respect, and I've *met* some really nice people.

But I gotta say I watch the catfights (men and women) like I watch the car accidents on the road.

[This message has been edited by Snoozin (edited 20 August 2005).]

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gotta admit.... I'm addicted!!!
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Samia:
Gotta admit.... I'm addicted!!!

Come on, Samia, at least we and others are addicted to "something good". Think about it could be worse. Well, I would even get more housework done etc. but it doesn't make so much fun.

I enjoy my time on here a lot and Kingdom my husband thought in the beginning I am dating someone over the Internet (an Egyptian of course ) because I was much time on ES. But he got used to my "hobby", after all he likes and enjoyed Egypt before a lot too and sometimes I even discuss with him certain topics.

[This message has been edited by Tigerlily (edited 20 August 2005).]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EFLVirgo
Member # 6264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for EFLVirgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been away for almost two days, and am amazed at how much was posted while I was away. I can't catch up with everything here. God, this place is busy 24/7!

Anyway, I was thinking of starting a thread about ES and how busy it is, which makes it so special to all of us, I guess.

I've never seen a forum as rich as this one. I've tried a couple of other forums, which were so boring that I couldn't stand them for more than a couple of days. The easiest thing for me is to say, 'I'm outta here.' But with ES you just can't let go, can you?

[This message has been edited by EFLVirgo (edited 21 August 2005).]

Posts: 372 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppy
Member # 3491

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for poppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Medosa:
Not important at all.

I can take it or leave it.

I am in control...

OMG! Medosa, I sooo admire u, i get the shakes an sweat profusely, if i don't get my 3 x daily doses of ES. i ghess i'm a hopeless addict. Gotto join ES Anon real soon. LOL

Posts: 461 | From: Kelantan, Malaysia | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I first found ES I was in turmoil. But after the first shock of the forum, I lurched for a while.

Then I downloaded the whole damn thing and hooked it up with a search engine and tinkered with it.

I found contradictions and I found patterns amoung people from the same level of society and nationality.

Misr has a tendancy to bring out the unconscious human tendancies. It really explains alot of ideologies that people won't admit to.

Then I went back and starting reading non-fiction 'from experts' and fiction from some controversial Misryan authors.

Now I am finding a way of weathering through some of the really dank and nasty 'spoils' that await a western female in this complex and fustrating civilization.

Its not a vacation spot for me but a intricate human phenomenom, ES really is a fiesty shallow pool of swamp water that reveals the turns and twists that is really shown of such a immense human tapestry.

I over think everything and see patterns and details that others don't want to. So ES is a sociological mine field for me.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well, ES is the first forum i registered in, and i love it. there are so many different nationalities here, and that makes it very special. although i have to say, i followed ES for almost year before i had the guts to register and post
also as an egyptian, it makes me happy to know that so many people were attracted to a forum about egypt. even those who insult and attack. it just means that weather you love it or hate it, egypt is not a country you can be indifferent to.
also most importantly i owe it to ES for meeting so many nice ladies. some i even met in real life like serendipity, EFLVIRGO, mai, lemonspice, and penelope. and there are many more im looking forward to inshallah meet some day.
and you are right sonomod there are many social patterns here on ES, its amazing.

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I am raising my head up and I am proud to say that I am addicted!
I just love to read other ppl's thoughts and life style.
And of course I have met lots of great ppl here, which I have learned a lot from. Even the ones who seem to not like me in particular I got to meet some of them in person, and those are really dear to my heart, 7aya, EflVirgo and Penelope You girls ROCK! I just hope next time I go back I get to meet more of the girls here at ES.

Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I am raising my head up and I am proud to say that I am addicted!
I just love to read other ppl's thoughts and life style.
And of course I have met lots of great ppl here, which I have learned a lot from. Even the ones who seem to not like me in particular
I got to meet some of the girls here in person, and those are really dear to my heart, 7aya, EflVirgo, Mai and Penelope You girls ROCK! I just hope next time I go back I get to meet more of the girls here at ES.

Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Asoom
Member # 8611

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Asoom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It’s really a wonderful site, we can share and exchanges, information, thoughts and new ideas …I love writing AND saying my opinion we can argue here and make fun of each others I think ppl here are many types, u can find Christians, Muslims, with no religion and finally I discovered a gay guy and he is a member serching for a partner LOL “ya gama3a ma 7ad ys3dow y3ney 2l rgel y3mel eh 2ktr men keda”, c how we are different here?
Posts: 968 | From: www | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lonely
Member # 8661

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lonely     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For me, i enjoy reading posts and getting info even if i do not post anything,

i reading post since 6 months and i sshare thoughts last week only.

In fact , from my posted name 'Lonely' you can know what i am suffering from. but since i start to share , i do not feel it that much el Hamoudllelah

Posts: 115 | From: Egypt | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Lonely:
For me, i enjoy reading posts and getting info even if i do not post anything,

i reading post since 6 months and i sshare thoughts last week only.

In fact , from my posted name 'Lonely' you can know what i am suffering from. but since i start to share , i do not feel it that much el Hamoudllelah

Lonely can I have your email, if you dont mind.

Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi another addict here.
I have been around for a while now and seen so many come and go and seen some very big ups and downs. I often wonder what has happened to people after they have shared a bit of their lives here, and have seen so many times ES has really been able to help people with making some tough decisions.
I think this is a great site and have always stayed loyal though must admit nearly left a few times. I wish I had time to post a bit more but work gets busy but then I love ES because I work alone and this is where I take my tea breaks during the day. It fills that gap of not having work colleagues around and yes some days when the work is a bit boring it is easy to get distracted.

Would also like to say I think the site has been greatly enhanced recently by the newer Egyptian members, it has bought back some balance to the site so thank you all for your great contributions.

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lonely
Member # 8661

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lonely     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

here it is
mzohir@hotmail.com

quote:
Originally posted by Serendipity:
Lonely can I have your email, if you dont mind.

Posts: 115 | From: Egypt | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shareen
Member # 989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shareen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
addicted here too. I dont post much, but I have been reading for a long long time. I have seen many come and go, and many come and stay.
It has its ups and downs, but I have met some great people in real life, and some bloody awful ones too lol.
Yep, I am definitely addicted.

Posts: 1196 | From: www.spiritofthenile.com | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love this site and people posting here. I have learned a lot about 'reality' in Egypt here: priceless info, all the girls contemplating marriage to an Egyptian should read it. I met few fantastic friends here that I love. ES is a good thing!
Big hugs to ALL OF ES.
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
didi_elsayed
Member # 4763

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for didi_elsayed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ADDICTED with big A,
How can i deny that any spare time i find i come here to meet your stories,problems and feelings...sharing mine as well!
In the beginning was just a curiousity,from time to time...but now i think i love this forum,heh from now i wont be very often here....obligations..but still any free minute ill use to come here and greet you friends!
BTW here i met one of the greatest people i had the honoer to know...ty guys for your friendship!
See you around.....Hugs and Love
Di

Posts: 1134 | From: NoNe oF uR BuSiNeS | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com