EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » And yr job is...A Celebrity!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: And yr job is...A Celebrity!
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ngeg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It seems inevitable for us- as 3ammet el sha3b/common ppl- to meet celebreties in restaurants, beaches, shopping festivals..

Have u met any of them?
How did they behave?

I met Mohamed Heneidi on a Cairo Dubai flight..3 hrs, he was the most modest celebrity Ive met so far. He's quite religious in real life and ..he didn't eat until the baby sitter finished her meal! she was sitting in business class-not economy! His daughters were hilarious and at the end of the flight his wife asked me if i didn't mind taking her shopping the following morning in Dubai!!!

I have loads of stories abt them- celeb-, some are quite disappointing! How abt you guys? anything to gossip abt?

Posts: 1813 | From: Cairo | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hassan.Reda
Member # 8633

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hassan.Reda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ngeg:
It seems inevitable for us- as 3ammet el sha3b/common ppl- to meet celebreties in restaurants, beaches, shopping festivals..

Have u met any of them?
How did they behave?

I met Mohamed Heneidi on a Cairo Dubai flight..3 hrs, he was the most modest celebrity Ive met so far. He's quite religious in real life and ..he didn't eat until the baby sitter finished her meal! she was sitting in business class-not economy! His daughters were hilarious and at the end of the flight his wife asked me if i didn't mind taking her shopping the following morning in Dubai!!!

I have loads of stories abt them- celeb-, some are quite disappointing! How abt you guys? anything to gossip abt?

how 2enty fadya 2awy keda ????????
mawarkesh 2ela el ES deh ?
ma3ndekesh shoghel ?

Posts: 354 | From: cairo,cairo,egypt | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppy
Member # 3491

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for poppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ngeg:

Have u met any of them?
How did they behave?

Ohhh! i'm never gonna 4get this day. I was shopping in Cairo in Carrefours. When the person i was with gave me a nudge, look over there, they said. "Its Mostaffa Amour. Gosh! i love this singer and his eyes r even bluer! in real life than on T.V. sigh.

Posts: 461 | From: Kelantan, Malaysia | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
uff someonelost take it easy.
ngeg i did hear that heneidi is a nice guy. its nice to know that fame didn't go to his head.
lets see i used to see raghda, hussein and mustafa fahmi on the beach in agami. they were there everyday actually. but thats about oh my god 9 years ago! where does the time go!
i saw amr diab on the plane while we were going to beirut. he's so smug and arrogant!
i saw nancy agram at two weddings, once as a singer and the other as a guest. she's friendly but not real. you feel like she's acting.
saw amer monib, and hisham abbas at several weddings. they are both amazing and humble. very approachable.
i saw omar el sherif in a lebanese restaraunt in paris. he's very friendly and warm. but he likes attention. he kept givng us that "i'm a celeberity, won't you come say hi" look
i saw deena in a fahsion show once. she was a guest ofcourse. she's very friendly, and has a great body.
i saw adel imam at several weddings. he's nice, but ironically very serious!
ofcourse the most special one was ahmed zaki. i saw him in fishmarket in alexandria. i got up and shook his hands. i usually don't do that, i don't like to intrude on their privacy. but i couln't resist. he was verrrrrrrrry nice and warm allah yerhamo

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hassan.Reda
Member # 8633

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hassan.Reda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 7aya:
ngeg i did hear that heneidi is a nice guy. its nice to know that fame didn't go to his head.
lets see i used to see raghda, hussein and mustafa fahmi on the beach in agami. they were there everyday actually. but thats about oh my god 9 years ago! where does the time go!
i saw amr diab on the plane while we were going to beirut. he's so smug and arrogant!
i saw nancy agram at two weddings, once as a singer and the other as a guest. she's friendly but not real. you feel like she's acting.
saw amer monib, and hisham abbas at several weddings. they are both amazing and humble. very approachable.
i saw omar el sherif in a lebanese restaraunt in paris. he's very friendly and warm. but he likes attention. he kept givng us that "i'm a celeberity, won't you come say hi" look
i saw deena in a fahsion show once. she was a guest ofcourse. she's very friendly, and has a great body.
ofcourse the most special one was ahmed zaki. i saw him in fishmarket in alexandria. i got up and shook his hands. i usually don't do that, i don't like to intrude on their privacy. but i couln't resist. he was verrrrrrrrry nice and warm allah yerhamo

i used to live near ahmed el sa2a fe el mohandsen he was very nice guy

Posts: 354 | From: cairo,cairo,egypt | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Medosa
Member # 8196

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Medosa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I saw her video, having sex with some one called Houssam somthing, who secretly made the video and released it on the internet !!!

Posts: 249 | From: usa | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dudda
Member # 8705

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dudda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Medosa:
I saw her video, having sex with some one called Houssam somthing, who secretly made the video and released it on the internet !!!

i saw her interview with hala sarhan about that thing

Posts: 715 | From: Egypt | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ngeg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

how 2enty fadya 2awy keda ????????
mawarkesh 2ela el ES deh ?
ma3ndekesh shoghel ?

[/B]

Hehehe...asl im so lucky, my job is sooooo coooool I dont have to work on daily basis. I might be off for 3 days then work consecutively for a week. Weba3dein Im having a good time yaani. Plus, u r here too! everytime i write i find a post from u!!!

Posts: 1813 | From: Cairo | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
quote:
i saw amr diab on the plane while we were going to beirut. he's so smug and arrogant!!
(

He's terrible and rude! He met my close friend and asked her to go to his hotel! Directly just like that!!!!!!!! another time, my south african-excuse me guys, but he's gay- neighbour called me saying "I'm giving u the chance of yr life, im going out with one of Amr Diab's band and he asked me to bring a nice Egyptian girl to have dinner with him!!!!!!!!"
Of course as a foreigner and gay, he saw no offense!

[This message has been edited by ngeg (edited 21 August 2005).]

Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
Mostafaaaaa shaabaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!!!! Oh dear, he gave me and my friends a ride when we met in a social event once. We have common friends!

He's the sweetest celebrity i met so far.

Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

You know the ironic thing, the best comedians in the world, are actually very serious ppl in real life. and can be very sensitive too!

Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have never met any arabic celebrities, but i would really love to meet Khaled al Nabawi!

Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh my god ngeg he's unfaithful to his wife?! ya3 mo2ref. that poor woman.
i also saw musafa amr in the gym, he's a nice down to earth guy. but my dream is to meet naguib mahfouz, i would realllllly love to meet him!

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EFLVirgo
Member # 6264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for EFLVirgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw Khaled Zaki in a restaurant last month. He's so attractive in real life. There's something really special about him. Oh boy, if he weren't married...

I've also seen Adel Imam, Youssra, Karim Abdel Aziz and probably a few others I can't recall right now.

Posts: 372 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw..eeh.. How do you write her name without actually insulting her?

Pussy?!

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Asoom
Member # 8611

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Asoom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
doudd
posted 21 August 2005 12:33 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Medosa:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
shame on u...he was her husband...and he makes this video only for himself, and when he was arrested, the fuckin policeman or cup copied it...rbna 2mer bal sater ya gam3a

Posts: 968 | From: www | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari:
I saw..eeh.. How do you write her name without actually insulting her?

Pussy?!

hehehehehe heeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...poor thing, nice try though!
I saw naglaa fathy and her husband 7amdi kandil, such a wonderful couple..Both very witty and down to earth.
Karim abdel aziz, his x wife was my neighbour in marina so ehem..well, ehemmm..I managed to catch more of their daily struggles than they 'd ve liked me to -not intentionally of course...but she was such a jealous woman!

7aya, I was more diappointed abt Amr Diab than anyone else I knew..I think I was feeling down abt it for a week masalan. I idolised him and never imagined he'd turn out to be that..cheap.
And such a stupid playboy! I mean if he wants to fool around, why in public!??!!

[This message has been edited by ngeg (edited 21 August 2005).]

* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
yeah i remember now i saw kareem abdel aziz and his wife, then his fiance in lelet el adr a few years ago. we were invited at a people's house who brought abdallah shehata allah yerhamo to lead us in the prayer, and they were there. i didn't approach them though. although ngeg, i actually heard that their marriage failed because of him not her! weird
dwgendy, are you serious? raghda did that??!! oh my god

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went last spring with my two sister-in-laws on a short vacation to LA/Hollywood, we promised ourselves to at least meet or at least see one big movie star.

Well, all hopes were up, busy touring Hollywood the first day then the second day went by. We saw many long black limousines but no star or at least a starlet anywhere in sight.

Well, so we made up one to impress our folks back home. We were at the Farmer's market shopping and had a cup of coffee when my one SIL discovered a guy who came by at us who looked just like Tom Cruise. Wasn't him at least we don't think so but the short statue was right, the haircut, sunglasses. So she took some pics of him without that he realized. Then he went up in an glass elevator, talking on a cell phone. Probably with his manager? Well, she took some more pics and this was our story we would present back home provided by the photos of "T.C."

Seriously we were so sad because on the morning of day 4 we had to leave L.A. behind and getting back to Atlanta. We had a fantastic time together. The cab driver dropped us off infront of the departure terminal. We took our bags, I turned around, and there she was ........ no not Julia Roberts (unfortunately but MEG RYAN!

She was a good 2 or 3 meters away from my SIL (who happens to be also a big movie fan) and me and I kicked her with my ellbow into the side. Did you see her, that was her, right?

We watched her going through a seperate entrance, she had a female personal assistant with her, something like that. We were hesitating if we should run up to her and ask for a signature or not. We didn't.

Well, we went through our check-in and got a bite to eat at a caffeteria, waiting for the boarding. I was sitting alone on that little table and watched our stuff and other travelers, my SILs were either ordering food or went to the ladies room.

I looked and watched people and here she was again..... Meg Ryan! Passing by at me. I jumped up from my chair, ran up to my SIL and she went after the actress. Mrs. Ryan stopped at an elevator and started chatting up with another woman. My dear SIL was couple of meters away from her, listening to the chat (how naughty!) about that she is off to Colorado right now for skiing and that her son would link up later with her.

Anyway, I gave my SIL signs so she would push forward but the she was too shy. The only star we saw in real life and we acted like chickens.

Anyway, now we were able to say to everyone we saw a star!

I believe that if we would have stayed longer we definitely would have met some other famous people. We also went to the Hardrock Cafe and the one waiter happened to be a musician and also worked as a doorman for the infamous L.A. club "Viper Club" and invited us for the same evening. Anyway, many people who do ordinary jobs during the day are very much affiliated with the showbiz industry there. We also happened to be at some locations where people were shooting scences for movies.

L.A. is definitely worth a visit, we really enjoyed our time and the next trip is planned but just don't know when exactly.

[This message has been edited by Tigerlily (edited 22 August 2005).]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I was living in Luxor I had stayed for a while at the fancy Winter Palace. One night at around 2:00 am I just could not sleep, so I went for a walk (you can do that in Luxor anytime, fantastic, ain't it?). When I came back to the hotel there was this woman checking in with two other people.
It took me one glance to know it was Paloma Picasso. She was just as gorgeous as a dream. I went hysterical (dah) and asked if I could hug her. She said go ahead! So I did. That was it actually.. Gee what a boring story..

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The most horrible and rude people I ever met were Sir Paul McCartney and his smug wife Heather mills.. and their entourage of ageing rotweilers posing as bodyguards.. I was on the same flight as them from Osaka airport in Japan.. even the cabin crew were intimidated by the rotweilers!
Nicest person by far was boxer Muhammed Ali.. met him at a store in London when he had just finished a book signing... came to us and kissed my daughters hand... a real sweet and gentle giant!!

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com