EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » The 'marriageble age'

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The 'marriageble age'
Leila
Member # 8539

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leila     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yesterday my aunt in Egypt told me that I was getting past ‘the marriageable age’ whatever that is! (I have just turned 26). Here in Australia very few of my friends are married and it is quite normal to get married in your mid to late 30’s… but this seems to be different in Egypt. Is there such a thing as a marriageable age in Egypt and is it acceptable for women to get married in their late 30’s? Just wondering how those living in Egypt see this.. i'd hate to think this was true.

[This message has been edited by Leila (edited 23 August 2005).]

Posts: 201 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hassan.Reda
Member # 8633

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hassan.Reda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Leila:
Yesterday my aunt in Egypt told me that I was getting past ‘the marriageable age’ whatever that is! (I have just turned 26). Here in Australia very few of my friends are married and it is quite normal to get married in your mid to late 30’s… but this seems to be different in Egypt. Is there such a thing as a marriageable age in Egypt and is it acceptable for women to get married in their late 30’s? Just wondering how those living in Egypt see this.. i'd hate to think this was true.

Here whenever girl reachs 27 years old her family start to get worried that she might not getting married .when she turn 30 they sure that she wont get married .

Posts: 354 | From: cairo,cairo,egypt | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leila
Member # 8539

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leila     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is really sad for girls living in Egypt.. only three weeks ago i decided to end my engagement if i had been living in Egypt and had known about this marriageable age maybe i would have made the wrong decision and married him. I wouldn't be surprised if this happened alot.

Posts: 201 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hassan.Reda
Member # 8633

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hassan.Reda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
That is really sad for girl living in Egypt.. only three weeks ago i decided to end my engagement if i had been living in Egypt and had known about this marriageable age maybe i would have made the wrong decision and married him.

This happend alot of times .

Posts: 354 | From: cairo,cairo,egypt | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lonely
Member # 8661

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lonely     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Leila,

I am now 30 years old, most of my friends either they are 30 yo or over even the 35

the Average of getting marriage now is 30 or over and this due to economic causes or etc.. i do not know really,

i am still , not dead, have fun, life is not only getting married only

Lost,
allah yesam7ak, sadeit nefsi 3la sob7, Allah yekramak

Posts: 115 | From: Egypt | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hassan.Reda
Member # 8633

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Lonely:
Leila,

I am now 30 years old, most of my friends either they are 30 yo or over even the 35

the Average of getting marriage now is 30 or over and this due to economic causes or etc.. i do not know really,

i am still , not dead, have fun, life is not only getting married only

Lost,
allah yesam7ak, sadeit nefsi 3la sob7, Allah yekramak

wallahy ya "LONLEY" maknesh 2asdey 2ana kont bahzer bas 2ana 2a3ref nas keter 2etgawezo ba3ed el 30

river_0f_l0ve
Member # 8638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for river_0f_l0ve     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah it happens much nowdays that girls late in marriage, and the girl who are married in the age 23 to 25 it is like they got survive, but i will tell u something, the Parents of the daughter ask the proposed man much which exhausted him, and let him change his mind...

the Age of 30 or 35 or even 40 isnt matter cuz most guys nowdays marry when they become 28 to 30 old...

quote:

Posts: 696 | From: egypt | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lonely
Member # 8661

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lonely     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lost,

how come,

some one ask you for an opinion and she looks very serious on her question, is that mean you are jokking without even show her that , tayeb put a smiley face, at least we all know youare jokking

quote:
Originally posted by someone_lost:
Here whenever girl reachs 27 years old her family start to get worried that she might not getting married .when she turn 30 they sure that she wont get married .

Posts: 115 | From: Egypt | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hassan.Reda
Member # 8633

Member Rated:
quote:
Lost,

how come,

some one ask you for an opinion and she looks very serious on her question, is that mean you are jokking without even show her that , tayeb put a smiley face, at least we all know youare jokking

sorry for that

Lonely
Member # 8661

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Lonely     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lost,

safi ya laban

river_0f_l0ve
Member # 8638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for river_0f_l0ve     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lost, i think Lonely is a pretty bride,

Tokal 3la Allah

and u Lonely, I think Lost, could be a nice Groom

Tokally 3la Allah

quote:
Originally posted by someone_lost:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Lonely:
[b]Lost,

how come,

sorry for that [/B][/QUOTE]

Posts: 696 | From: egypt | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karla
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karla         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that Egyptian women are married sooner because in Egypt you cannot have relationships with a man if you are not married.
Posts: 1414 | From: far away | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
river_0f_l0ve
Member # 8638

Kan Zaman

quote:
Originally posted by karla:
I think that Egyptian women are married sooner because in Egypt you cannot have relationships with a man if you are not married.

Leila
Member # 8539

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by karla:

But this is the case for any egyptian muslim - whether they live in egypt or not.

Lonely - if you lived in the west it would not be seen as strange that we are not married. Only God knows when we will meet the right man.. it could be when we are 20, 30, 40 or 60! your right the age is not important.

Hassan.Reda
Member # 8633

Member Rated:
quote:
lost,

safi ya laban

haleb ya 2eshta

Lonely
Member # 8661

Member Rated:
Leila,

You got the main and the most important point .

God only who decide when and where , we do not have any choices.

i think you are right if i am living in west , will be more easier instead of finding every old women adn men )sometimes not usually) while talking to them yed3ou saying (rabena yeb3alek ibn el halal or raben yestork) , in fact i hate these. because i do not want someone point it to me ,

i am still single, it is ok with me.

quote:
But this is the case for any egyptian muslim - whether they live in egypt or not.

Lonely - if you lived in the west it would not be seen as strange that you are not married. Only God knows when we will meet the right man.. it could be when we are 20, 30, 40 or 60! your right the age is not important.

but what sometimes touched my heart, is feeling you need someone to share you life with in all times , to fight to laugh to go out etc... , to have kids etc... i like kids very much

Lonely
Member # 8661

Member Rated:
you know what is make me dont feel good sometimes , is that i feel, i miss someoen to share my life with, in best and worth, to have kids , to have life

but when i start to point that to myslef , i told myself to be single is better than choosing the wrong man and be divorced.

Thanks God

[This message has been edited by Leila (edited 23 August 2005).][/B][/QUOTE]

river_0f_l0ve
Member # 8638

It doesnt relate to be fast or hurry in yr decision, cuz if u kept thinking in this way, u will be always scare that may he is bad

All u have to do, is to Pary 2st7'arh many times as u can, and then say The Pray After 2st7'arh...which is

Çááĺă Çäě ÇÓĘÎíŃß ČÚáăě ć ÇÓĘŢĎŃß ČŢĎŃĘß ć ÇÓÇáß ăä ÝÖáß ÇáÚŮíă ÝÇäĘ ĘŢĎŃ ćáÇ ÇŢĎŃ ćĘÚáă ćáÇ ÇÚáă Çááĺă ÇĐÇ ßäĘ ĘÚáă Çä ĺĐÇ ÇáÇăŃ (íÓăě ÍÇĚĘĺ ĺäÇ) ÎíŃ áě Ýě Ďíäě ć ăÚÇÔě ć ÚÇŢČĺ ÇăŃě ÝÇŢĎŃÉ áě ć íÓíŃÉ áě Ëă ČÇŃß áě Ýíĺ ć Çä ßäĘ ĘÚáă Çä ĺĐÇ ÇáÇăŃ ÔŃ áě Ýě Ďíäě ć ăÚÇÔě ć ÚÇŢČĺ ÇăŃě ÝÇŐŃÝĺ Úäĺ ć ÇŐŃÝäě Úäĺ ć ÇŢĎŃ áě ÇáÎíŃÍíË ßÇä Ëă ÇŃÖäě Čĺ

And then ISA allah will guid u to the right
like feeling relax to this person and so on

quote:
you know what is make me dont feel good sometimes , is that i feel, i miss someoen to share my life with, in best and worth, to have kids , to have life

but when i start to point that to myslef , i told myself to be single is better than choosing the wrong man and be divorced.

Thanks God

[/B][/QUOTE]

[This message has been edited by river_0f_l0ve (edited 23 August 2005).]

Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ngeg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My words might sound crazy here, but that is my own experience.
My elder sister is veiled, she's 28 and has been veiled for 13 whole years! (her choice of course as u can all guess after my ng wel bikini el azra2..ehem asdi el asfar!)
Anyways, in the recent yrs, all men that she meets in arranged settings either dislike her bcz of the VEIL-n strict lifestyle!!or she dislikes bcz they don't pray.
No at the age of 28 she only seems to attract divorced n widdowed men!!!!!!!
All her friends are EXACTLY like her..same same!

Now, my other experience ya LONELY: Two sisters of my relatives married two guys last year. The first couple 37 and 38. The second couple 40 and 44! The two guys are wonderful-mashhaaaallah - n weren't married b4!

Posts: 1813 | From: Cairo | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

actually leila, this is not so anymore. now women can go up to late thrities and be unmarried. but this is not by choice. (most of the time) they simply can't find the right person, or careers as well as stressful social and economic situation.
leila where are you in australia? inshallah i'm moving to sydney in a few months, and i'm very worried about being lonely there. it would be really great to get to know some people. please email me at yasminefathy@hotmail.com

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hassan.Reda
Member # 8633

Member Rated:
quote:

Thanks God

[/B][/QUOTE]

We all have the same feeling but we all afraid of wrong decision .I’m waiting until I find the one who I can trust and share my life with .sometimes when I go to shopping malls I think about having woman in my life that we can go shop together instead of being alone but .This is the life

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 7aya:
inshallah i'm moving to sydney in a few months

Wow 7aya, my husband just left to Sydney a couple fo hours ago. He'll be there for a week..

[This message has been edited by MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari (edited 23 August 2005).]

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppy
Member # 3491

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for poppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't worry 7aya Your cookiing will be well appreciated there. Remember they like to burn their steaks on the 'barbie' (barbeque) lol
Posts: 461 | From: Kelantan, Malaysia | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by poppy:
..they like to burn their steaks on the barbeque lol

I thought that was an Ozone-Hole effect!

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppy
Member # 3491

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for poppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari:
I thought that was an Ozone-Hole effect!

Ha! Ha! Koshari, we'll just have to start a post about it an debate it then...
Question: Why are we all so hot in Egypt?
Answer: Is it? 1) The effect of global warming?
Or 2) 7aya's delightful cooking?
Whoops! Sorry auntie!!! LOL

Posts: 461 | From: Kelantan, Malaysia | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
loborules
Member # 5457

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for loborules     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AUUUGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH your not past your age ... don't be pressured to get married, because someone said you are. A good age for marriage is the 30's. You should be able to support yourself.
Posts: 816 | From: On top of a dog house | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lonely
Member # 8661

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Lonely     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not pessimist, or in a hurry to get married at all,

wali etgawzo 3amalo eih, El Maktoub Hanshoufoh on time

quote:
Originally posted by ngeg:
My words might sound crazy here, but that is my own experience.
My elder sister is veiled, she's 28 and has been veiled for 13 whole years! (her choice of course as u can all guess after my ng wel bikini el azra2..ehem asdi el asfar!)
Anyways, in the recent yrs, all men that she meets in arranged settings either dislike her bcz of the VEIL-n strict lifestyle!!or she dislikes bcz they don't pray.
No at the age of 28 she only seems to attract divorced n widdowed men!!!!!!!
All her friends are EXACTLY like her..same same!

Now, my other experience ya LONELY: Two sisters of my relatives married two guys last year. The first couple 37 and 38. The second couple 40 and 44! The two guys are wonderful-mashhaaaallah - n weren't married b4!

karla
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karla         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Leila:
[B] But this is the case for any egyptian muslim - whether they live in egypt or not.

It is not true. I have seen here in Romania many muslim which have relationships without being gotten married. This is reality.

Posts: 1414 | From: far away | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excuse me ladies but I heard that marriage age in Egypt is around 30, well that is sad, so sad indeed, but hey don't depress, with the overwhelming tendance of egyptian males to marrying westerners (me included LOL) the age of marriage in Egypt for ladies is gonna be around NEVERRRRRRRRRRR and by then scientists expect Egypt to be one of the biggest importers of sex toys and then in few years later Egypt will be imporing them from china like everything cheap here hahahahahahaha
Posts: 3903 | From: The Moon | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Enjopy your feeling of sooooooo privileged beings though you Suck !!!
Posts: 3903 | From: The Moon | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Corvinous:
Excuse me ladies but I heard that marriage age in Egypt is around 30, well that is sad, so sad indeed, but hey don't depress, with the overwhelming tendance of egyptian males to marrying westerners (me included LOL) the age of marriage in Egypt for ladies is gonna be around NEVERRRRRRRRRRR

its not going to be around neverrrrrrrrrr, because if egyptian men don't appreciate egyptian women, there are many other men who will. its not like we can only marry egyptians!

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
with the overwhelming tendance of egyptian males to marrying westerners (me included LOL) the age of marriage in Egypt for ladies is gonna be around NEVERRRRRRRRRRR and by then scientists expect Egypt to be one of the biggest importers of sex toys and then ....
Egypt would be finally clean of garbage like you.

Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ngeg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Excuse me ladies but I heard that marriage age in Egypt is around 30, well that is sad, so sad indeed, but hey don't depress, with the overwhelming tendance of egyptian males to marrying westerners (me included LOL) the age of marriage in Egypt for ladies is gonna be around NEVERRRRRRRRRRR and by then scientists expect Egypt to be one of the biggest importers of sex toys and then in few years later Egypt will be imporing them from china like everything cheap here hahahahahahaha

Hmmm..yawn yawn...i see sentences written next to each other but they all sound bla bla bla.
Come on, u r always out of the topic!! Let's pray yr pretty doll sitting at home keeps you busy tonight and keeps us safe from yr very entertaining comments!
Otherwise, cheap sex toys will be introduced to yr household soon...

[This message has been edited by ngeg (edited 26 August 2005).]

Posts: 1813 | From: Cairo | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corvinous
Member # 6578

BURN CHEAPIES BURNNNNNNNNNNN !!!!

I LOVE IT.... WATCHING YA BURNNNNNNN

habedu
Member # 7025

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for habedu   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well .. as most of you said ,, stay single is better than getting stucked your whole life to the wrong person ,, I'm 28 guy .. I thought that I'm getting old , and I have no girlfriend and no fiance ,, I found one she was nice and loves me so ,, I told tomy self why not ,, and started to pretendthat I'm in love with her ,, I think lots of you knows the rest of the story as it was discussed here ,, and alhamdolelah now she understands ,, it was very hard time to tell her the truth that I have never been in real love to her ,, now we are real friends .. and I'm not gonna be in hurry again ,, I'm not even concerned now ,, it will happen oneday ..
laila ,,,
just keep going and never concern our self about what others are saying because you'll never satisfy all the ppl .. just satisfy your self ..
wish you the best

Posts: 159 | From: cairo | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com