EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » The Lost Paragraph ........!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Lost Paragraph ........!!
Humanized
Member # 8471

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Humanized     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So God asked Adam, What is wrong with you?
Adam replied, "I don't have anyone to talk to."

Then God said that he was going to make Adam a companion and that it would be a woman.

God then said "This person will gather food for you, and when you discover clothing she'll wash it for you. She will keep your home clean and spotless, without ever complaining. She will always agree with every decision you make. She will bear your children and never ask you to get up in the middle of the night to take care of them. She will not nag you and will always be the first to admit she was wrong when you've a disagreement. She will never have a headache and will freely give you love and passion whenever you need it.

Adam then asked God, "What will a woman like this cost?

God replied "An arm and a leg."

Then Adam replied, "What can I get for a rib."

Posts: 817 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Paint Me As I Am:
God made woman as a helpmate/partner for man, not a Robot

Don't spoil the fun you drama queen!

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Humanized:

I guess you get what you pay for...and we have to end up with a physically deficient partner!

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karla
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karla         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by newcomer:
I guess you get what you pay for...and we have to end up with a physically deficient partner!

ya salam?!

Posts: 1414 | From: far away | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mooneal
Member # 8782

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mooneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After the death of Jesus, women continued to play prominent roles in the early movement. Some scholars have even suggested that the majority of Christians in the first century may have been women.
Jesus’ honor and respect was not reserved simply for his mother. It was extended to all women—an attitude largely unexpected and unknown in his culture and time. Jesus, unlike the men of his generation and culture, taught that women were equal to men in the sight of God. Women could receive God’s forgiveness and grace. Women, as well as men, could be among Christ’s personal followers. Women could be full participants in the kingdom of God. Jesus offered full discipleship to women.
These were revolutionary ideas. Many of his contemporaries, including his disciples, were shocked. Women were overjoyed and grateful, of course, and many dedicated their lives to his service. Let’s take a look, from the historical narratives in Scripture, at a few of these women of faith and how Jesus dealt with them.
After this, Jesus traveled about from one town and village to another, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom of God. The Twelve were with him, and also some women who had been cured of evil spirits and diseases: Mary (called Magdalene) from whom seven demons had come out; Joanna the wife of Cuza, the manager of Herod’s household: Susanna: and many others. These women were helping to support them out of their own means. (Luke 8:1-3)
Although Christ worked with the cultural traditions of the first century, he ignored the limitations that had been placed on women by their culture. Women were free to follow him and to take part in his ministry to the world.
In Christ we are all children of God. As the apostle Paul wrote: “You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus” (Galatians 3:26-28).
What the Middle Ages did with it is another story. Both breathtaking cathedrals and fear of women.
Karol Wojtyla, in his book, Love and Responsibility, written in 1960, frames his discussion of sexuality with two references: one is the proper understanding of love, the other is the understanding of personhood. For love is a relationship between persons. "Personalism," as understood by Wojtyla, is not individualism.
which can only be brought out by the use of the word ‘person.’"
What distinguishes a person is not merely our separateness from other individuals, but our inner self, our inner life, our spiritual life—our capacity for truth and goodness. We relate to one another not simply on the sensory level, as objects, but as full persons, acting with freedom, and possessing inherent and inalienable dignity.
Love brings together two such persons in a relationship of total self-giving. It is this total self-giving that is at the heart of that experience that we sometimes glibly refer to as "making love." In his chapter, "Sexology and Ethics," Wojtyla illustrates the nature of this gift of self by refering to studies of human sexual response. This mutual self-giving requires
"that intercourse must not serve merely as a means of allowing sexual excitement to reach its climax in one of the partners, i.e. the man alone, but that climax must be reached in harmony, not at the expense of one partner, but with both partners fully involved."
Here we see the very positive attitude towards sexual love that is at the core of Catholic teaching.
Such a relationship cannot be temporary. It cannot be something that lasts only as long as the partners feel satisfied. It is a relationship that is directed toward the other, and toward the good and the fulfillment of the other. It is a covenant that cannot be revoked, and which is called to endure through the changing circumstances of life. Recall that question, "Will you be there for me?"—a question asked by young adults who are the children of divorce. The other night I watched the film, ‘The Jeweler’s Shop," based on the story of that name by Karol Wojtyla. A girl has seen her parents fighting one morning, as she has every morning for as long as she remembers. She confronts her father, a doctor, at work, and says she wants to talk to him about marriage. He says he supposes her intended is a good guy. She says, "No. You don’t understand. That’s not what I want to talk about. Before I say yes to him, I want to know if every marriage ends up like yours. Is that what’s in store for me? Is that what’s going to come after years of raising children, and coping with the stress of life? Or is there hope that we can make it different?"
But what is its positive content? It says that in the union of husband and wife, there should be no barriers, either physical or emotional. This is not the place for masks or for walls. It is a sacred moment of complete self-surrender and self-revelation. Shame, false modesty, selfishness, fear and pretence are all out of place.
Pope John Paul II summarized the essence of Catholic teaching in a paragraph in Familiaris Consortio which is also paragraph 1643 in the Catechism of the Catholic Church:
"Conjugal love involves a totality, in which all the elements of the person enter—appeal of the body and instinct, power of feeling and affectivity, aspiration of the spirit and of will. It aims at a deeply personal unity, a unity that, beyond union in one flesh, leads to forming one heart and soul; it demands indissolubility and faithfulness in definitive mutual giving; and it is open to fertility."
The Catholic teaching on marriage and fertility does not diminish individual rights, but rather aims at our complete fulfillment as truly human persons, equals in a covenantal relationship of total self-giving, freely chosen. In such a relationship, lived as God intends, we need not ask in fear and anxiety, "Will you be there for me?" but rather we will say, "I will be there for you." In such a relationship our hopes and aspirations, our deepest cravings are satisfied, in a sacramental union which is a sign to the world of the love and faithfulness of our Creator and Redeemer.

Adam and Eve were one flesh, reunited. Eve came out of man and was restored to him. The woman who allows herself to be restored to her husband will find her fulfillment. To be a help meet for her man is the plan of God for a married woman. Some women are indoctrinated against this idea by the liberation movement.
Now we have women’s equality movement. They claim they want equal rights. I agree with equal rights and full protection from sinful actions.
Each man should protect his woman. Protect her as himself. Protect her as his best stronghold on this earth. Protect her as his own right arm. Protect her as his best and highest friend, as his most prized alter ego. God is jealous over His bride. Man should be jealous over his wife! Defend her and protect her so she never needs to look beyond him for her rights! A man is to love his wife as his own body.

PS Sufficient? Or more?

Posts: 810 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubles101
Member # 4543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troubles101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Humanized:
So God asked Adam, What is wrong with you?
Adam replied, "I don't have anyone to talk to."

Then God said that he was going to make Adam a companion and that it would be a woman.

God then said "This person will gather food for you, and when you discover clothing she'll wash it for you. She will keep your home clean and spotless, without ever complaining. She will always agree with every decision you make. She will bear your children and never ask you to get up in the middle of the night to take care of them. She will not nag you and will always be the first to admit she was wrong when you've a disagreement. She will never have a headache and will freely give you love and passion whenever you need it.

Adam then asked God, "What will a woman like this cost?

God replied "An arm and a leg."

God replied : awoman

Adam after looking at her: Too much! I will take it for a toe.

Another proof Adam was Egyptian

Posts: 1732 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Humanized
Member # 8471

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Humanized     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by newcomer:

and the sacrifice was worthy!

Posts: 817 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And I guess this way you don’t have to lean on us so much and we get more cuddles!
Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Humanized
Member # 8471

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Humanized     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woman was made from the rib of man,
She was not created from his head to top him,
Nor from his feet to be stepped upon,
She was made from his side to be close to him,
From beneath his arm to be protected by him,
Near his heart to be loved by him.

[This message has been edited by Humanized (edited 10 September 2005).]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com